Search results for query: *

1. TheJoekster

this question gets a lot more interesting when you have a hardmode anvil in this pre-hardmode...

this question gets a lot more interesting when you have a hardmode anvil in this pre-hardmode situation, but i'm starting here for some reason
  2. TheJoekster

(re: ppowersteef) that's a lame answer! i surely wouldn't have asked a question so ill-posed...

(re: ppowersteef) that's a lame answer! i surely wouldn't have asked a question so ill-posed, although there's not much to choose from. you're in pre-hardmode 1.4, with no way to hardmode (as in 1.0, where this didn't exist.) you get to choose 1 mech to summon once and beat. your pre-hardmode...
  3. TheJoekster

q: you're playing a terraria world that is permanently stuck in pre-hardmode. no hardmode ores...

q: you're playing a terraria world that is permanently stuck in pre-hardmode. no hardmode ores, no hardmode bosses. think of it like you're playing terraria 1.0. however, you may summon a single mechanical boss once. knowing there is no mythril/orichalcum anvil, which boss do you defeat and what...
  4. TheJoekster

it is not well that you are being treated this way, but this is really something that you should...

it is not well that you are being treated this way, but this is really something that you should be talking to an adult about in real life... I would discourage you strongly from posting this sort of thing online, publicly. it is unwise.
  5. TheJoekster

i have been deceived `:confused:

i have been deceived `:confused:
  6. TheJoekster

[SPOILER] can anyone here beat my pb of 4 links without computer assistance? `;)

can anyone here beat my pb of 4 links without computer assistance? `;)
  7. TheJoekster

we all laughed. then the north pole dropped.

we all laughed. then the north pole dropped.
  8. TheJoekster

PC Doubts about the purpose of post-ML weapons

I come from Terraria 3DS (2016), which in its final version ran the PC equivalent of 1.2.4. This version saw either Golem or Duke Fishron as the final boss (depending on how one plays the game), and also had the Pumpkin and Frost Moon events. The end-game items for Terraria 3DS were almost...
  9. TheJoekster

moral: in math, getting structures too "big" will cause your space to lose important and...

moral: in math, getting structures too "big" will cause your space to lose important and interesting qualities. often, asking for less will give you more.
  10. TheJoekster

fun fact: the dual space of ℝ^∞ is the monster space i described in the first paragraph. you can...

fun fact: the dual space of ℝ^∞ is the monster space i described in the first paragraph. you can see that in infinite dimensions, dual spaces can't be isomorphic. that's all i wanted to say here, there are definitely other examples of this happening in math though
  11. TheJoekster

these spaces get an extremely rich and interesting structure, and are among the essential first...

these spaces get an extremely rich and interesting structure, and are among the essential first examples in functional analysis. with measure theory, they are generalized to L^p and L^∞ spaces, respectively the sets of all p-integrable functions and essentially bounded functions. these are the...
  12. TheJoekster

the second way: build the space of all bounded real-valued sequences, and give this the supremum...

the second way: build the space of all bounded real-valued sequences, and give this the supremum norm. we affectionately call this space ℓ^∞(ℝ). we also build the spaces ℓ^p(ℝ) for p ≥ 1, for those sequences that are "p-summable" (i.e, those sequences whose terms can be summed up in under pth...
  13. TheJoekster

mathematicians solved this problem in a few different ways. one way was to build the space of...

mathematicians solved this problem in a few different ways. one way was to build the space of real-valued sequences that are eventually 0. we write this ⊕_n=1^∞ ℝ := ℝ^∞. we can turn this into a normed space in many convenient ways, but regrettably it lacks some desirable topological properties...
  14. TheJoekster

in cardinality this is as "big" as ℝ, but the space is organized in such a way that it is too...

in cardinality this is as "big" as ℝ, but the space is organized in such a way that it is too big. most norms that we would want to give this space also just won't work (the supremum norm fails because these sequences are usually unbounded, weighted norms fail because you can build a sequence...
  15. TheJoekster

in mathematics, this happens all the time. one place to look is when you want to make a new...

in mathematics, this happens all the time. one place to look is when you want to make a new normed space, an "infinite-dimensional" analogue of ℝⁿ (the set of all vectors that look like (x_1, x_2, ..., x_n) with lengths in the euclidean norm.) one obvious attempt at generalizing would be to...
  16. TheJoekster

playing terraria for the first time in years, pc 1.4 bow-only run on classic mode. spelunking...

playing terraria for the first time in years, pc 1.4 bow-only run on classic mode. spelunking. found a rigged chest trap with four darts, three boulders, and three explosives. inside was a warding band of regeneration. would an end-game player be able to take such impressive damage?
  17. TheJoekster

Biomes & Nature A way to get the fairies/fallen logs back (without world editing)

I had no idea about this mechanic until you pointed it out to me, just gave the wiki a read. It would seem that they can spawn if you seek them out in Hardmode by shaking Hallow trees. Maybe the intention is a secret-of-the-kells Aisling kind of idea, where when you're young the fairy seeks you...
  18. TheJoekster

Terraria Hardmode Bosses - Easiest to Hardest

Fishron is easier for you than Twins and Plantera? I'd love to hear your Fishron strategy.
  19. TheJoekster

Sub-Class Ranking

On bows vs guns, I'll play devil's advocate with Silky and say that one may find guns to be easier to use. An efficient way to play ranger early-game is to rush corruption or crimson for the guaranteed musket/undertaker after a bomb; this is a double whammy because you immediately get the Arms...
  20. TheJoekster

[MEDIA] a remarkable character with a great theme!

a remarkable character with a great theme!
Back
Top Bottom