Search results for query: *

1. Frain Breeze

Blocks & Decoration Interactive books

A couple simple ideas for adding more flavor to various builds. I know 1.4 is the last big content update, but maybe a few small things like this can still slip in! Blank Book This is a book that you can add text to, using the same interface as signs. I imagine they could be found as an...
  2. Frain Breeze

Why does your base SUCK?

Regardless of how much effort you put into building, you're pretty much guaranteed to find some issues with your base once you have it all built. Maybe the layout is inconvenient. Maybe you badly underestimated your storage needs, and have to keep sticking additional chests in stupid places. Or...
  3. Frain Breeze

If you could drastically change the game...

...what would you do? I envision this thread as sort of a "suggestions too big, complex, or difficult to ever make it in" thing. I would implement a "ruined" state for blocks. It is inflicted by certain monster attacks, particularly during invasions and bosses, and can be reverted with a...
  4. Frain Breeze

Game Mechanics "Junk drop" control

I went through a lot of new worlds recently in search of some rare items, and this thought occurred to me: There are way too many junk drops that can clutter up your inventory. Combined with all the banners and the rare drops that you don't need but feel compelled to keep anyway "because it's...
  5. Frain Breeze

Co-op with my newbie friend- What should I do?

My friend has been wanting to play some games with me, so he bought Terraria recently. We both think it probably isn't his kind of game, but he wants to try it anyway. What sort of things do you think will help our playthrough go smoothly, and help him really get into the game? My only real...
  6. Frain Breeze

Blocks & Decoration Magical Stairway

TL;DR: Background-placed doorway that warps you to another one directly above or below it. This is for all those times you make a tall base you want to look nice, but then get stuck having to get around with ugly platforms on all the walls, or wasting space with big sets of platform stairs, or...
  7. Frain Breeze

The evolution of your base

How do you go about base-building when playing a new character from scratch? Do you try to make something elaborate right off the bat? Build and re-build as the need arises? Or do you just make a big box full of boring rectangular rooms that you add onto regardless of looks? Early game, I just...
  8. Frain Breeze

The "You use WHAT?!" thread

Everyone has their own preferred setup in this game. You use what you like, and it makes perfect sense to you. Then you read somebody else's wildly different setup, and all you can think is "How could you possibly stand that?!" So, what gets that response from you? Warning: This thread may make...
  9. Frain Breeze

Weapons & Equip Fire breather sticks

I think it would be neat to have fire breather sticks available somewhere early in the game, as a lower tier version of the flamethrower. Appearance-wise, it would look like a longer torch with a red handle. Using it consumes gel like the flamethrower does, but only sprays fire about half as...
  10. Frain Breeze

Game Mechanics "Clear Debris" button

I think it would be nice if there was a button you could press to immediately fade out all item pickup text, monster giblets, broken pots, and similar effects. Because the following situations are kind of annoying: Digging upwards, you mine several different kinds of block in a short time...
  11. Frain Breeze

Weapons & Equip A cure for wiring woes

Just a couple tools to make wiring stuff over distances much less of a hassle. Fish Tape Appearance: It's one of those wind-up reels that lets you pull wires up through a wall Tooltip: Feeds wire down Effect: This is a tool that lets you place wire like you do rope. Obtained: Sold by the...
  12. Frain Breeze

Blocks & Decoration Crafting stations for purifying and corrupting blocks

How about a set of crafting stations that lets you convert corruptible block types between their different versions? Right now if you have a stack of corrupt blocks and want to purify them, you'd have to place the whole lot of them and then purify, clentaminate, etc. This just makes the process...
  13. Frain Breeze

Game Mechanics Misc UI improvements

Just some "quality of life" suggestions. Placement Highlight When holding a placeable item larger than one block, the cursor displays a box or outline around where it would would go if you click. This suggestion is because trying to precisely place large furniture and paintings is a :red:. This...
  14. Frain Breeze

Weapons & Equip Black Mirror

I think long mining trips would benefit from a two-way version of the magic mirror. Name: Black Mirror Graphic: Probably a recolor of the magic mirror sprite... Obtained by: Crafting a magic mirror, recall potion, and black lens at an alchemy station (or some other place that makes sense)...
  15. Frain Breeze

Minor issue with the report/like/quote bar

Does anyone else always think that bar with the report/like/quote options belongs to the wrong post? This set of options relates to the post above where it appears, but for its borders... The top border (where its "owner" post is) has shading on the post and a bright highlight on the...
  16. Frain Breeze

Gaming annoyances

What are some things that annoy you in video games, or trends you wish would go away for a while? Not so much focusing on the big, ragequit-inducing things, just little pet peeves. Here are some of my annoyances to start things off: 1. Vague stat or skill descriptions Like if an "Agility" stat...
  17. Frain Breeze

Blocks & Decoration Large Doors

Simple suggestion here. Every Terraria player tries to make a big awesome castle at some point, right? You design a grand entrance to the castle, and then... put some tiny little wooden door up front because that's all you've got. Thus, I suggest adding some larger doors so you can make a proper...
Back
Top Bottom