Search results for query: *

• Users: Ravvynfall
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Ravvynfall

Celestial Cuffs vs Magic Cuffs

Hey there my fellow terrarians, my fellow mages specifically! I have a critical accessory question for you guys. Which of the two (celestial or magic) cuffs do you feel is better, and more importantly, WHY? Personally, I find greater use in the Celestial Cuffs since they still provide mana when...
  2. Ravvynfall

Field Research: Duke Fishron

Hey there my fellow terrarians, I'll cut right to the chase on this one. I'm conducting a bunch of research on bosses, and what most terrarians consider to be the "standard" for sequential order and why they feel certain bosses are overwhelming or underwhelming, etc. This particular bit, I'm...
  3. Ravvynfall

Game Mechanics Armor Enchanting - Post Moon Lord options

Hey there my fellow terrarians, I think I may have just had a rather interesting idea come to mind. As I'm sure we're all aware, eventually we all kill everything in the game, build many amazing things and our armor proves to be tested, tried, and true. But what if there was something we could...
  4. Ravvynfall

Game Mechanics Adjusted Guide "Crafting" Function

Hey there my fellow terrarians, I just had an idea that I wanted to suggest. This one is pretty simple and is just an adjustment to an already existing feature. As you may know, in recent-ish updates, the guide went from being effectively useless, to what amounts to being the messiah due to the...
  5. Ravvynfall

PC The Lazy Terrarian's Guide to Killing the Galaxy

Hey there my fellow terrarians! I decided that I wanted to share a guide that is crammed full of useful tidbits and secrets to help with general gameplay, for whether you're a beginner, or a veteran player just looking for methods to really let you "put your feet up" and relax! Now, since the...
  6. Ravvynfall

Linux Terraria won't run, or crashes immediately after startup (Lubuntu 14.04)

Hi guys, so, I finally decided that it was time to dust off my copy of Lubuntu (linux type thing) and give terraria a try so I could compare it to my experiences with windows 7 but stumbled upon an issue. I can not for the life of me, make terraria work. Before I get too far into detail, I...
  7. Ravvynfall

What's your favorite loadout, and why?

Hi guys, just curious, with 1.3 being here long enough for us to get nice and familiar with it, I'm wondering what is everyone's new favorite setup? I'm not talking about, what is your idea of "the best for this reason" type of thing, I mean, just for regular gameplay. What sort of setup really...
  8. Ravvynfall

1.3.x Items that you found to be better than expected

Hey guys and girls, I was just curious on everyone's opinions now that we've all pretty much had sufficient time to get a good and deep taste of what the 1.3 update had to offer, and ask, "What items turned out to be far better than you expected?". For me, the Nebula armor was so much better...
  9. Ravvynfall

Tips and Tricks in Terraria!

Hey guys, I've been doing some thinking and trying to do some research but decided "Hey, let's ask the community!". I wanted to make a thread containing what amounts to the accumulated knowledge based on "trade secrets" of the terrarian community in an effort to help new players, returning...
  10. Ravvynfall

Weapons & Equip Blueprints, Blueprint Scanner, Quick-Build Kits

Hi guys, I just had one of those neat "hey wouldn't it be cool if..." moments just now and thought I should share. Have you ever found yourself building the same *thing* over and over and over, and found that you're starting to test just how fast you could build it out of memory? Maybe it's an...
  11. Ravvynfall

Items Celestial Megalith

Introduction: Hi guys, I had a rather interesting idea come to mind, and I know before I even get started, some of you may have some "opinions" which is cool, but hear me out before I explain. The idea behind the Celestial Megalith is to embrace ultimate utility as a reward for going through...
  12. Ravvynfall

Game Mechanics increased max item stacks?

Hi guys, not sure if or how many times this idea has been suggested, but have you noticed how cluttered your inventory gets due to the different max stack size for different items? some items max stack to 30, 99, or 999. what if we were to simplify this by just making all stack-able items have...
  13. Ravvynfall

Pumpkin Moon best loot record?

Hi guys! Since working with DicemanX's brilliant advice, I have been working on optimizing my Moon-Event Grinder to get the best possible results conceivable. Given in my case, and in many other player's cases, having a low-end computer can be a bit of an obstacle. Finally, after countless...
  14. Ravvynfall

PC That awesome moment when...

So, after lots of tinkering and getting advice from DicemanX (and researching on youtube), i had managed to figure out how to make a very simple and highly effective grinder for the frostmoon/pumpkin moon event that has the power to hit final wave. needless to say, i am quite happy with how it...
  15. Ravvynfall

Weapons & Equip Beginner's Summoner (early, highly accessable gear)

Hi guys, so I had an interesting thought on how to make summoner available on pretty much day/night 1, without causing much fuss either. Here is my idea; Acorn Armor: Acorn Helmet 1 defense crafted from 5 acorns 5 wood 5 gel -- Acorn Plate (body armor) 1 defense crafted from 10 acorns 10...
  16. Ravvynfall

Game Mechanics Changes to Flasks

Hi all! So, I did some thinking on how we could make a few rather interesting and overall, beneficial adjustments to game play that would make a large impact without having to rework a ton of items. I propose one basic change as a whole; I feel that the flasks should be switched from only...
  17. Ravvynfall

What do YOU do to prepare for the post-plantera dungeon?

Hi guys, I'm curious about how everyone handles getting ready for the dungeon after plantera. Since we all have very different playstyles, it's interesting to see how people handle things (if at all). For me, since I prefer playing as a mage, I'm often squishy and enjoy the comforts granted by...
  18. Ravvynfall

Game Mechanics Life Steal for Ranged

So after some intense reading on the forums, seeing lots of debate on nearly all angles regarding the love/hate with lifesteal and the love/neglect between classes. I've come up with a potential solution to help show some love to ranged users in end-game, and I have some real world logical...
  19. Ravvynfall

Items Vampire's Fang (ported over from TO)

Hi guys, I've decided to retrieve this idea from my post on TO from some time back and made a few further adjustments to the idea. the base idea is this; name: vampire fang type: accessory drops from: vampire (solar eclipse) drop rate: (0.45%) about the same as Death Sickle effects: gives 2%...
  20. Ravvynfall

What was your greatest or embarassing moment in terraria?

Hi guys, just wondering, out of everything you've ever done whilst playing terraria, what was the most memorable moment for you where you feel like you accomplished something so amazingly awesome most face-palm worthy? for me i have a couple. my first "i feel like a badass" moment was when i...
Back
Top Bottom