Search results for query: *

1. hamstar

tModLoader Rail Bound - Disables movement unless in a minecart

If you say so GitHub - hamstar0/tml-onarail-mod: Each player now uses a rail-bound train (like a persisting minecart) as their central point of operations.
  2. hamstar

Who is Terraria's Best Girl?

Good question. She has teleporters, biome-changing chemical dispensers, jetpacks, and sells the component of high velocity ammunition. All the stuff of a party that means business to conquer a place. If the damage she caused wasn't an accident, then either the Cyborg would have been considered...
  3. hamstar

Who is Terraria's Best Girl?

Steampunker. She's the most likely to be secret illuminati or something, and she even touches on something I want to call plausible actual lore
  4. hamstar

If one NPC was a traitor or enemy spy, who would it be and why (be descriptive)?

You are aware Skeletron turns into a rampaging juggernaut (basically a Dungeon Guardian) when day hits, right? Or did a recent patch change that when I wasn't looking...?
  5. hamstar

If one NPC was a traitor or enemy spy, who would it be and why (be descriptive)?

Trying to run away (presumably to somewhere dark) versus becoming insanely powerful and enraged are 2 very different reactions. Do specialized (secret?) seeds count for the usual lore considerations? I doubt they spawn anything particularly distinct.
  6. hamstar

Possibly, but at least it shows the curse is controllable. I didn't say the time of day mattered for her arrival. Only that it matters for when (and how?) she gets her power. Skeletron may work the same way. There is no overworld dungeon...
  7. hamstar

Well she seems sociable enough, even then. Certainly not above a little capitalism, despite everything.
  8. hamstar

Clarify how this negates the idea of a "voluntary curse". I'm losing track a bit. If Skeletron is in control, why does he only appear at the Old Man's bidding? Why isn't he doing things other than puppy guarding the entrance of the dungeon? Why does he need to occupy the body of an Old Man (or...
  9. hamstar

Maybe, but the Old Man doesn't appear to be dead. Or at least, not in the capacity of long-dead things like skeletons and such. Dying in a reincarnation cycle against a necromancer might still be enough to lose free will (or at least free agency) upon rebirth, but that's purely speculation...
  10. hamstar

1. Doesn't mean it was an involuntary arrangement. Though having a separate entity does undermine the 'boss avatar' idea a bit. Maybe he just thinks of his skeletron curse as a feared dominant alter ego? He does seem to be able to control when it's active, at least... 2. Duty isn't always about...
  11. hamstar

Well one possible consideration in my case is the game mode I've been working on (Adventure Mode). In theory, Terraria could try to recontextualize itself officially, which would be a formalized case of what I'm creating. Or he's just teaching you about building securely, since blood moons will...
  12. hamstar

Fair enough, but it's usually not that hard to add simple lore connective tissues to "videogaming" stuff, so I figure why not. Though maybe for the Dryad (or NPCs in general), and due to the nature of beings reincarnating, resurrecting, reanimating, etc. in Terraria, maybe it's become an...
  13. hamstar

But how else do you gain the player's trust? Plus isn't it weird the rescuable NPCs seem to be able to re-appear if ignored in one location, or else respawn endlessly if killed? Just because an NPC is a possible enemy doesn't mean they invariably want to see you fail. At least, in the short...
  14. hamstar

tModLoader Adventure Mode

v0.57.1.2 updated to tone down bandit spawn frequency.
  15. hamstar

Regardless of whether she's suspicious for having tech far exceeding her genre specification or not, the fact that she has that sort of tech at all is a matter of concern. Also of note is that she appears to cause explosive short circuiting on the cyborg while operating on his wiring at the end...
  16. hamstar

I should also mention there's a set of recipes using bombs and orbs together you might be interested in. I didn't mention it too clearly, but hard mode isn't well implemented for this game mode yet. Consider AM v1 beaten once you reach it, for now. Even though there are hard mode features...
  17. hamstar

A tutorial might not work, but here's a few things I can think of instead: - Label the location of the PKE devices on the map from the start. - Add text alert for first time PKE device locates something nearby. - Show FX for binoculars and magic items when when mana shards are near, similarly...
  18. hamstar

Maybe I set the bandit spawns too high? I did increase them a bit before the release... Wait, are you saying the game mode is too railroaded? Can you be more specific about what part of orbs/mana/repair items was time consuming? If you're using your kits to get houses to have NPCs move in, you...
  19. hamstar

It shouldn't have. TML 1.4 simply uses a different folder (Documents/Terraria/tModLoader instead of Documents/Terraria/ModLoader).
  20. hamstar

Send me your world file. I'd like to see this. This just defies all experience I have. Noted. Though maybe you could try practicing it a bit? I should note the bandits do have rare drops, and also drop lots of money, on occasion.
Back
Top Bottom