Search results for query: *

1. Sylving

Terraria: Otherworld This is the End: Otherworld Development Cancelled

So very very sad to read this. I'm building a shrine to Otherworld's memory in all my games from now on. I hope the morale isn't too low over there with the developers, what with all the resources and time spent, with the hopes lost. I can only hope that Terraria goes on being awesome... and...
  2. Sylving

Terraria: Otherworld Changing of the Guard: An Update from Otherworld

Well first of all, please remain polite. They did say not to wait for more because since they had a problem they had to more or less start over. Respectfully. You're just twisting the definition of respect for it to cover "giving you what you want". We know what's going on, but most people...
  3. Sylving

About still asking for updates now and complaining the game isn't coming sooner: We're in 2018, they first wanted to release the earliest version in 2015 if I recall correctly(?) Obviously the devs didn't want to wait that long, but it happened. They've been set back, and have to start over from...
  4. Sylving

A huge majority of coding does not yield pretty pictures, and can not be easily put into words. They told us to maybe forget about it until they come to us with news by themselves. Asking for them will not make anything easier. That would be both a detrimental effect to posting them, and a...
  5. Sylving

They've stated already they do not want to do an alpha launch and will release it when they feel it is done. They have a vision of what they want to do and how good it must be (which is about the only reason we've been given for the setback and change of hands of the project etc. - a good reason...
  6. Sylving

If someone wants a fast version of all this thread: Devs: We're going to do this but it will take time Person 1: TAKE TIME? Person 2: yes Person 1: this is shameful Person 2: no Person 1: *emits a theory* Admin, mod, dev etc.: no it's not that, we told you it would take time and that's all there...
  7. Sylving

As we have no idea where they are in the development (and possibly the devs may not be 100% sure either) let's settle somewhere between a "yes" and a "nobody knows"
  8. Sylving

Fret not, human, for there is one on this very forum! https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/games-to-play-while-waiting-for-otherworld.40313/
  9. Sylving

Now for texture packs, trust the community to have it done in under 15 seconds, (okay, maybe 15 days, but I can see someone betting on 15 hours)
  10. Sylving

They do not want us to play anything else than the finished product once it is up to their vision. An alpha test/early access/etc would not give a good impression of what they want to do with it. On the plus side, that means we'll not be lost in infinite alpha/beta versions waiting for what's...
  11. Sylving

If I were you I'd try to save at least $40, or the maximum possible. Looks like it's not like the first indie terraria game, they're working with professional studios if I followed correctly, they're more numerous, everybody has to pay for bills, they maybe need software that costs a lot of...
  12. Sylving

hai, totemo desu ne Sorry about that, I had nothing to answer. I hope I don't come off as obnoxious or anything, but would you mind sticking to English around these parts? I don't know if we are supposed to, but it sure is more convenient for most people.
  13. Sylving

I'm not saying I wouldn't like higher resolutions, but really I don't mind the current look. I'm unsure as to whether or not they need to draw in more interest, but that's another story. Just suggesting we trust the ones who are actually doing it on this one, and then if we truly are displeased...
  14. Sylving

When the first version of Terraria was made, possible resolutions were already much higher than what the game actually used. This was a conscious choice from the start to follow a "charming low-res pixel-art" theme, I assume. Since T: OW is supposed to be a spinoff and not a sequel, keeping the...
  15. Sylving

The aura makes it unclear, but I think they just changed the way it looked before- check the first spoilers, the "fighting corruption" look really gave an idea of iy being blocks, not space. The Dagaz towers (seems to be a fanon name now) appeared to affect blocks, at least.
  16. Sylving

If you're breeding bats and spiders together so you can have a devilish army, please don't. If this is any other secret stuff, that's fine I guess
  17. Sylving

I think you are being a bit harsh on them. As far as I know, they weren't going in the good direction, which can be hard to avoid when mixing teams on any work ever, and the difficulty scales with the size of the project. It happens. But if they're professional developers, I'd say they are...
  18. Sylving

I feel like people are complaining for the sake of complaining now Big news about terraria otherworld coming, and a great wave of people arrives, who complain about there not being news. What is wrong with us?
  19. Sylving

Terraria: Otherworld Terraria Otherworld: Bringing You Up to Speed

Although I have no choice but to agree with you on this, it DOES feel good to be right, could you explain what makes you right to those of us who do not have this Monk prestige class allowing one to jump as far as we want and applying it to conclusions? As Daz 2 put it last time:
Back
Top Bottom