Search results for query: *

• Users: Blacklawn
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Blacklawn

Five towers (a work in progress)

This is the biggest thing I've ever created. I try to outdo myself after every new game completion by building a luxurious and unnecessarily huge base; it's probably the most fun part of the game for me. The towers still need the inhabitants, some decoration and more uses for the rooms in the...
  2. Blacklawn

Items A post-Moon Lord item that prevents blood moons, solar eclipses and unwanted invasions

Because having a large project being constantly interrupted by solar eclipses is the worst thing ever. By that point, they are entirely obsolete, so there's no reason why there shouldn't be a way to stop them. I thought about making it either an expensive amulet of some sort (kept in the...
  3. Blacklawn

Blocks & Decoration A type of actuator that makes active blocks indestructible in PvE

Pretty much what the title states. Naturally, it should be an endgame item, and not too cheap. It would add many possibilities in adventure maps, for example, without requiring specific mods.
  4. Blacklawn

Game Mechanics An option to turn off banner generation

I know this is a bit specific, but, for people like me who don't care about collecting banners, those that appear every time you kill the 50th of an enemy type are nothing more than an annoyance that consumes inventory space. This is especially aggravating during invasions or solar eclipses. An...
  5. Blacklawn

Marble/granite tower thing

I can't help but make all my buildings super symmetrical. Is that a bad thing? I'm not sure what to make of the frilly thing on the top, though.
  6. Blacklawn

I figured out the best way to make eclipses happen

Just start a huge building project that requires your total attention. Ever since I started my latest, 3 out of the 4 days since I began building it were solar eclipses. Also, I got 3 Broken Hero Swords without even trying, just because I'm playing with a magic-exclusive character that has no...
  7. Blacklawn

New song

I'm glad I was able to overcome my creative block that had lasted several months. https://soundcloud.com/zaevod/divine-procrastination
  8. Blacklawn

Remake of an old song

Forgive me if it's a bit... Strange in certain aspects. It's a remake of one of my first compositions. I still love it, though. https://soundcloud.com/zaevod/uncanny-inspiration
  9. Blacklawn

Game Mechanics Manual loot

This is an alternative to the "blacklisting items" idea from my other thread. Basically, it would be an option to switch from auto-loot to manual loot. In this case, a small window would appear whenever loot is available. This window would contain the list of items that can be looted at the...
  10. Blacklawn

Game Mechanics Blacklisting items

Maybe this is a bit too much, but it would be really awesome to have some kind of magical container for "blacklisting" the items you put in it. For example: let's say I don't want to loot any cobwebs, dirt, stone, mushrooms, etc. If I put any of those items in this container, I won't be able to...
  11. Blacklawn

Best parts of the progression in Terraria?

Which periods in the development of a character/world do you prefer? My favorites would be: - The very beginning, in which you search for treasure and cool things on the surface and small caves; - When you finally get access to the crimtane/demonite tier; - When you get access to the meteorite...
  12. Blacklawn

Duke Fishron drops

The wiki states that all of his main drops have a 20% probability, which would make sense. However, I've fought him at least 15 times and he's yet to drop a Flairon, while he's dropped Tempest Staff at least EIGHT times. Is there something wrong with the probabilities in game, or am I just...
  13. Blacklawn

Trouble with Frost/Pumpkin Moon spawns

Simply put, the enemies are spawning too slowly. I tried fighting both on the surface and in an artificial arena, but I see no real improvements. Everscream and Santa take dozens of seconds to spawn on their waves, often requiring me to jump several blocks and return to the base of the arena for...
  14. Blacklawn

Game Mechanics New skill for the steampunker: Disassemble!

It would be very helpful to have the option to return an unneeded item to its source materials. I think that an adequate implementation would be adding the Disassemble dialog option to the Steampunker NPC, much like how Reforge works for the Goblin Tinkerer. Since it's basically a reforging...
  15. Blacklawn

Rainbow Fountain

Nothing too fancy, I just thought this was nice: No amber gemspark blocks because I'm lazy.
  16. Blacklawn

Just got a Light Shroomite Digging Claw

Digging and obliterating deserts has never been this much fun before. On top of that, I only discovered about the smart cursor recently!
  17. Blacklawn

Items New flask ideas

Flask of theft: melee attacks have a small chance to cause enemies to instantly drop an item from their loot table. Can work more than once on the same enemy (edit: but not more than once on uniquely dropped items). Works less often on bosses, but allows the player to farm for items more easily...
  18. Blacklawn

Game Mechanics Improving wires

Sometimes, I find that even with the 3 available wire colors wiring configurations are very limited and often require a lot of additional wire to circumvent previous wire connections. My suggestion is the following: add a tool (or improve the wrench's functionality) to allow same-colored wires...
  19. Blacklawn

My latest project - Glass tower

Glass is my favorite building material. I know it's simple compared to most of the things that are posted here, but I had to decimate quite a few deserts for this. I'll probably add more stuff later.
Back
Top Bottom