Search results for query: *

• Users: Laluzi
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Laluzi

Items Add banners for the biome mimics

Bane of my key farms, these things are. Yeah, they're minibosses, but so are Paladins and Mothrons, and those both get banners. Ice Golems and Sand Elementals get banners. If I can kill 50 Crimson, Corrupt, or Hallowed Mimics - and trust me, I have worlds where I've killed plenty more than that...
  2. Laluzi

PC B> Crimson Keys (specifically, Crimson Chests)

I like Crimson Chests a lot, okay. I need 21 and I only have 16. Help me get the remaining 5. I want the keys or I want the chests - I'm not interested in the vampire knives they contain. Willing to buy with coins, vampire knives, corruption keys, ankh shield pieces... even got some neat things...
  3. Laluzi

Blocks & Decoration Make hell paintings and banners immune to lava

Two words: lava slimes. No, really. I don't need anything more than that. In normal mode, the only problem is if you accidentally mine hellstone in the wrong place, or if you mine through the sides of a ruined house. But in expert mode, getting paintings and banners out of the underworld is a...
  4. Laluzi

Can auto-spawning jungle trees grow underground?

The jungle can grow rich mahogany trees much the same way it grows grass, flowers, and large plants. The jungle also has mahogany trees underground. Hence, the title. I've tried to confirm this for a while, but I can't get any to appear. A lot of this has to do with few potential areas in a...
  5. Laluzi

Game Mechanics A way to disable the 'sort items' quick option

Two thousand hours into this game, this thing is my worst nemesis. By this point, accidentally clicking it evokes a worse reaction than dying in a lava pool with twenty platinum on hand. It's right next to several buttons I have reason to click, and it throws my inventory and chests into...
  6. Laluzi

Do Ice Bats and Spiked Ice Slimes go extinct in Hardmode?

The wiki says both become uncommon, but I've been parked in an underground ice arena for an extremely long time. Shaving off a few tally-counter kills that might have taken place at the start of hardmode, I've used this arena to kill 1500 ice tortoises, 2800 icy mermen, 2850 armored skeletons...
  7. Laluzi

Blocks & Decoration Change classification of Snow Brick as a biome block

Currently, placed snow bricks count towards an area's snow biome rating. This isn't consistent with any other player-crafted brick type. Pearlstone brick isn't a hallowed block, ebonstone brick isn't a corrupt block, sandstone brick isn't a desert block, mudstone brick isn't a jungle block, and...
  8. Laluzi

PC Halloween In August! (Free costumes)

Last night I swapped the date on my PC and farmed goodie bags for a particular set. And I'll continue to do that for a while yet, because I need more copies than the one I got. Though other sets I got plenty of - so much so that I had to start throwing them away for lack of space, and that's not...
  9. Laluzi

Other Change 'this is not valid housing' message

Because this message is the equivalent of the engine tossing up its hands and going 'I dunno', which really doesn't help a player make the housing valid. Off the top of my head, there are two things which flag 'this is not valid housing' - being too close to an evil biome, and having the floor...
  10. Laluzi

Question Question - is this possible? (extended shifter)

For some reason, Terraria mechanics have always been pretty impenetrable to me. I can figure out how things work by trial and error, but actually designing solutions baffles me - which is kind of embarrassing considering I'm usually good at this sort of thing. I guess it's like a coding language...
  11. Laluzi

Highest numbers you've gotten on the Tally Counter?

Got a world you play on a lot? A mob or event you've farmed well past the point of reason? An AFK setup or a dedicated statue farm? Show off just how willing you are to grind. (I don't know. I like pushing these things as high as they can go. I'm really excited for the Bestiary.) This build...
  12. Laluzi

Weapons & Equip The Magnet - a loot-gathering accessory

I always manage to drive myself crazy while farming rare drops. Between summons dashing off to kill enemies offscreen, lava pools obscuring everything that falls into them, weapons that travel through blocks, enemies dying inside blocks, and hidden caverns, I can't always keep track of what's...
  13. Laluzi

Items Biome banners - another use for banners

There's no denying that banners are incredibly useful, but their use tapers off pretty quickly. You get one and it's great, assuming it's an enemy you could use help with. For a large arena or farming area, you might need up to three or four per type. But past that? Odds are, they're just...
  14. Laluzi

Game Mechanics Make the extractinator give hardmode ores in hardmode

This has probably been suggested before, but I couldn't find it, so... The extractinator is pretty good for the point in the game you can find it, but it quickly outlives its usefulness. By the time you can collect enough silt, slush, or fossils to get enough ore to make a better weapon or...
  15. Laluzi

PC Selling Rod of Discord

Went to farm one and got two, so I've got a spare for sale. There are multiple items I'm seeking to purchase in high quantities, and I'd be willing to work out a deal for some combination of the below items. -Adamantite ore or beams -Titanium ore or blocks -Luminite ore or bars -Diamonds...
  16. Laluzi

Game Mechanics A 'do not pick up' list of items

This is a bit ambitious for the kinds of suggestions I like to make, but all the same: anyone who's played Terraria will find their inventory rapidly fills up with items as they traverse the world, and anyone who's played Terraria past the very first stage of pre-hardmode will find that most of...
  17. Laluzi

Game Mechanics Change the rarity of gemstones from white to blue

Gem veins in the underground are rarer than pre-hm ores, after all. It's not like rarity is the most important or consistent stat, but with gems' white rarity, the item vanishes if it touches lava - which they frequently spawn bordering, or fall into when mined with a full inventory. Look, all...
  18. Laluzi

Why isn't this valid housing?

I'm trying to build another building in my world and this enclosure keeps throwing the 'This house is missing a wall' flag at me. Every actuated block (the window columns and stucco) has a player-placed behind it. Double-checked. I know there's a stripe of natural sandstone wall above it, but...
  19. Laluzi

Game Mechanics Change banner mechanics regarding projectiles

A quick search didn't turn this up, so: Banners are a bit of a mixed bag. They're immensely useful in farming most enemies or proofing your base from nearby biome mobs. However, banners only alter damage received and caused directly by the mob - they don't affect ranged or magical projectiles...
  20. Laluzi

Getting creative with furniture

I'm not sure if a thread like this exists, but considering this is the place to go for Terraria builds - I think a lot of us have learned some interesting tricks in decorating. And since I'm hopeless at keeping all the furniture in the game straight, I'd love to see what others have come up...
Back
Top Bottom