PS4 “No character available for download”

Tjdh504

Terrarian
Hey everybody, so I’ve got a glitch I’ve seen posted about before but none of the suggestions have worked for me, curious if anybody’s been able to fix it?Every time I try to upload a world from the cloud I get the error message No character available for download. The main world I want is pre legacy, but it’s happening for pre and post legacy worlds, so not sure if that’s related. Also wondering if there’s a fix in the works and when it’d be expected to come out? Any help would be appreciated :D

Hey everybody, so I’ve got a glitch I’ve seen posted about before but none of the suggestions have worked for me, curious if anybody’s been able to fix it?Every time I try to upload a world from the cloud I get the error message No character available for download. The main world I want is pre legacy, but it’s happening for pre and post legacy worlds, so not sure if that’s related. Also wondering if there’s a fix in the works and when it’d be expected to come out? Any help would be appreciated :D
Hi @Tjdh504, sorry that you're having this issue. I've seen others that are experiencing what you're describing as well, that when you try to transfer your world the game shows an error that says "No character available for download" even though character transfers are working fine.

I recommend sending in all of your information, with as much detail as you can (what you remember about the world you're trying to transfer, is it a small world, do you have an enormous base, do you have a lot of mannequins or paint, anything that you can remember..) straight to the console developers, Pipeworks, here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

You're also able to send in your PS3 world to them so they can see first hand what you're experiencing. Instructions for that are here: SEND US A COPY OF YOUR SAVE DATA

Hi @Tjdh504, sorry that you're having this issue. I've seen others that are experiencing what you're describing as well, that when you try to transfer your world the game shows an error that says "No character available for download" even though character transfers are working fine.

I recommend sending in all of your information, with as much detail as you can (what you remember about the world you're trying to transfer, is it a small world, do you have an enormous base, do you have a lot of mannequins or paint, anything that you can remember..) straight to the console developers, Pipeworks, here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

You're also able to send in your PS3 world to them so they can see first hand what you're experiencing. Instructions for that are here: SEND US A COPY OF YOUR SAVE DATA
Will do, thanks for the response, although I don’t know if it has much to do with the worlds content? I’ve uploaded other legacy worlds with nothing built by me, that I would farm newer content to bring over to my old pre legacy world with the same results, also just curious if pipeworks is aware/has been working on a fix for this? I only ask cause when I was looking for a fix myself I saw people posting about this same glitch over a year ago on here. Not gonna pretend to understand the bug fixing process at all lol, but I would’ve figured they would have mentioned it or something like that by this point.

Will do, thanks for the response, although I don’t know if it has much to do with the worlds content? I’ve uploaded other legacy worlds with nothing built by me, that I would farm newer content to bring over to my old pre legacy world with the same results, also just curious if pipeworks is aware/has been working on a fix for this? I only ask cause when I was looking for a fix myself I saw people posting about this same glitch over a year ago on here. Not gonna pretend to understand the bug fixing process at all lol, but I would’ve figured they would have mentioned it or something like that by this point.
That’s good to know that, for you, the content in the world doesn’t seem to make a difference. That’s great info to include in your bug report - that both empty and unempty worlds are not transferring. Helps rule out if there is a particular block/item preventing the transfer.

I’m not sure where this issue falls on the “getting fixed” list. I’m would imagine that Pipeworks is aware of it if players are sending in their info using the bug report link above, as they do look over every report that comes through. It may be that they haven’t found the cause, in which case more reports of it with as much detail as possible can help them figure it out.

That’s good to know that, for you, the content in the world doesn’t seem to make a difference. That’s great info to include in your bug report - that both empty and unempty worlds are not transferring. Helps rule out if there is a particular block/item preventing the transfer.

I’m not sure where this issue falls on the “getting fixed” list. I’m would imagine that Pipeworks is aware of it if players are sending in their info using the bug report link above, as they do look over every report that comes through. It may be that they haven’t found the cause, in which case more reports of it with as much detail as possible can help them figure it out.
Aww I had a feeling it’d be something like that since it’s never really mentioned in the patches. Welp, thanks for your help, I put in the bug report, so I guess Terraria’s getting the shelf until they patch it up, just hope it’s sometime this year lol.

Something else came to mind but I doubt it’s possible, is there any way to clear the cross save cloud of all the worlds that you’ve uploaded? Figure maybe purging that and starting fresh might do something

Back
Top Bottom