tModLoader [0.1] Mystic Hunter

Terratroid

Terrarian

Introduction
Mystic Hunter is an inspiration taken out of the Castlevania series more prominently the metroidvania RPG set starting from the early GBA and ending at the glorious DS. Various systems in place will allow you to experience a variety of play styles to enhance your vanilla experience and give you new reasons to explore and fight your way to the moon lord and back again.

Systems
Soul System: The soul system will allow you to harness the power of various enemies and bosses throughout the game to aid you in your quest to take down the moon lord and save terraria. The souls come in three varieties Red Souls are offensive type, Blue souls are Utility, and Yellow souls are passive. A helpful item called the soul index will allow you to slot in one of each type of soul and utilize them throughout your journey. Each soul has the ability to be stacked up to nine times allowing for progressing power scale with changes along the way as well as a variety of powerful accessories to complement and help farming. All damaging souls damage type scales of summoning.

Infusion: The infusion system is an offshoot of soul system and allows you to harness the souls of your fallen enemies and enhance your melee and ranged weapons providing a different path of weapon progression throughout your game. You will lose the soul but gain a weapon that would be stronger than normal along with a variety of unique effects. (Not yet Implamented)

Glyphs: Glyphs are primarily used as magic damage, they provide a variety from melee to traditional magic base. They can be upgraded using the Glyph ritual table using simple materials found through the game. Glyph ranges from melee esque to temp summons.(Not yet Implamented)

Sub-Weapons: are primarily throwing damage and offer a variety of uses and effects. They are made to mostly be used in conjunction with other types of weapon types and will scale with throwing damage . Sub-weapons are all crafted and cannot be found there made at the Hunters workshop. Enemies can drop specific materials and an NPC called the old hunter can sell you recipe unlocks. Hunter's workshop also allows the construction of whip type weapons.(Not yet Implamented)

*please note that anything here is subject to change in the future as this is an alpha mod that is being worked on everyday. Currently only the soul system is completed and only up until pre-hardmode however please enjoy what's there.

Download
Manuel Download: MysticHunter.tmod
Links
To the mystic hunter discord: Join the Mystic Hunter Discord Server!

If you want spoilers and previews please check the discord as that is more regularly updated however we will do what we can to keep things rolling around here as well thank you for looking at our mod!.

Update v0.1.7 - Adds Blood Moon event souls.
- Adds Lunar Events event souls.
- Adds Solar Eclipse event souls.
- Adds SoulConfig
Adds configurable slider for soul drop chance (1%-50%, server-side).
Adds guaranteed soul drop configuration for NPCs (server-side).
Adds configurable position for Soul Index button (client-side).
- Fixes Crimslime description.
- Fixes Zombie soul graphically.
- Fixes Elf Archer soul arrow not damaging enemies.
- Fixes selected soul configuration not being saved.
- Fixes multiplayer sync issue for certain blue souls.
- Optimizes soul data handling (singleplayer and multiplayer). Enjoy!

Sorry for the massive delay in posting the update here in the forums thats my negalency but heres the log for the newest update!

Developers
Terratroid-Spriter & Lead Designer
Eldrazi - Lead Programmer

Last edited:
Hello, i love your mod ! I always looked for a mod that let me be like an FF blue mage, and this is the mod that comes the closest to this. May i ask though, where do i get the three items that makes soul appearance more frequent ? I can't figure out where is it, not even with recipe browser...

Hello, i love your mod ! I always looked for a mod that let me be like an FF blue mage, and this is the mod that comes the closest to this. May i ask though, where do i get the three items that makes soul appearance more frequent ? I can't figure out where is it, not even with recipe browser...
Hi, glad you like the mod!
The three items actually have a chance of dropping from three pre-HM bosses.
Eater of Worlds | Brain of Cthulu - Brace of Evil
Eye of Cthulhu - Occular Charm
Skeletron - Cursed Hand

Hope this helps, enjoy the mod!

I'm a huge fan of castlevania, and this system from Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow (Also present in Blodstained: Ritual of the Night).
I'm looking forward to this mod.

Hi, glad you like the mod!
The three items actually have a chance of dropping from three pre-HM bosses.
Hope this helps, enjoy the mod!
Thank you very much ! May i know which monster's souls you implemented so far, I might have ideas for the ones not yet implemented. I'd love to help this grow into a large, loved mod !

Thank you very much ! May i know which monster's souls you implemented so far, I might have ideas for the ones not yet implemented. I'd love to help this grow into a large, loved mod !
We actually have a roadmap for all souls/npcs already. This does not mean we don't value community feedback, though!

Our first alpha release (v0.1) included all pre-HM souls (mobs and bosses), which means we will be working on all HM content now.

If you want to keep close track of our progress, be sure to join the discord! Not only will I try to post regular spoilers for new content, there are also links to our roadmap and trello!

Update v0.1.2 is out now:
- Added UI/UX upgrades.
- Increased default soul drop chance (1.5% instead of 1%).
- Increased soul-accessory drop chance (from 1/50 to 1/10), but lowered its added soul drop chance (from 5% to 1.5%).
- Added shared-soul npcs (zombie, etc).

We hope these changes are reflected well in-game, since this is mainly a QoL update.
We'll keep up the pace, continuing our develop into Hard Mode from tomorrow on.

Enjoy!

Update v0.1.2.1 is out now:
- Server host issue hotfix.
- Minor gameplay logic improvements (performance improvements).

With the last release, multiplayer/server hosting broke! :eek:
That's all fixed now and multiplayer should work like a charm once again.

Enjoy!

thanks for the update man! ah will there be anything changed to the arkhalis, as it was based on that one weapon from castlevania

thanks for the update man! ah will there be anything changed to the arkhalis, as it was based on that one weapon from castlevania
Good point! We'll have to look into that for sure.

I can promise you that we won't do anything item/weapon related in this soul alpha, but we're sure to develop more 'Vania systems, so we that might actually be something we will pick up!

I've added your suggestion to the backlog. If you have any more comments, suggestions or questions feel free to either leave them here or shoot them over on the Discord!

Good point! We'll have to look into that for sure.

I can promise you that we won't do anything item/weapon related in this soul alpha, but we're sure to develop more 'Vania systems, so we that might actually be something we will pick up!

I've added your suggestion to the backlog. If you have any more comments, suggestions or questions feel free to either leave them here or shoot them over on the Discord!
Mkay, imma pop in there then! Keep it up!

The next release is going to include a new UI, designed to make your experience even better!
newuiwhodis.gif

Back
Top Bottom