PS4 1.10: Game crash during Moon Lord fight.

For whatever reason this fight has a high chance of crashing.

I played several hours today and played crash free. But for whatever reason this fight has a high chance of crashing my game.

Is anyone else noticing this?

I played several hours today and played crash free. But for whatever reason this fight has a high chance of crashing my game.

So have you crashed since the latest update or not?

Are you using the Stardust Dragon?

That bug should be fixed, but there may be some lingering issues.

So have you crashed since the latest update or not?

I have. I currently have 1.10.

Are you using the Stardust Dragon?

That bug should be fixed, but there may be some lingering issues.

No, I am not using Stardust Dragon.

I'm using the Terrarian.

If my game crashes, something I tried was going to my app files, deleting any xxx.map files, and then reloading the game. That seems to increase my chances of the fight not crashing. Or maybe it has no effect.

Only this fight seems to give me grief. It also gave me grief before the 1.09 patch.

None of my worlds are pre-1.3 converted worlds by the way. All worlds came after the PS4 1.08 patch.

Do you think the crash is related to using the Terrarian? If you use another weapon (like Solar Eruption or Daybreak) does it still crash?

Do you think the crash is related to using the Terrarian? If you use another weapon (like Solar Eruption or Daybreak) does it still crash?

No. I was using a Starwrath and it still crashed about 1-2 minutes into the fight.

Also, I had auto saved turned off and it still crashed so it was not the auto save.

The pattern is as follows:

Regardless of how I start the fight (either destroy the 4 pillars or use a sigil) I go fight the Moon Lord. 1-2 minutes in the crash may or may not crash.

What I do after is delete my xxx.map files. I then go back into my game. I haven't had the game crash when doing this. But if I save and quit, then re-enter my world and try to fight him again there's a high chance of the game crashing.

Are you in single player or multiplayer? Someone else was saying that, in multiplayer, the game would crash if any of Moon Lord’s eyes were killed. Not necessarily only in multiplayer, that’s what that member was in though.

I know you’re trying to send your character and world data in. If you also notice that it’s crashing when an eye is killed, that would be good to include.

Are you in single player or multiplayer? Someone else was saying that, in multiplayer, the game would crash if any of Moon Lord’s eyes were killed. Not necessarily only in multiplayer, that’s what that member was in though.

I know you’re trying to send your character and world data in. If you also notice that it’s crashing when an eye is killed, that would be god to include.

This is single player. And it happens... randomly during the fight.

I think it might be due to the weapons I'm using. The Terrarian and Starwrath both triggered a crash at some point but I have not had a crash yet with the Solar Eruption. But I don't always have a crash when using the Terrarian and Starwrath.

Also, deleting the xxxx.map files actually has no impact. Had a crash shortly after.

I'm having the same problem I've killed the moon lord over 12 times today and it's crash 2 times while fighting him I've been using The Star wrath but even without using it the game will crash while fighting.

This is single player. And it happens... randomly during the fight.

I think it might be due to the weapons I'm using. The Terrarian and Starwrath both triggered a crash at some point but I have not had a crash yet with the Solar Eruption. But I don't always have a crash when using the Terrarian and Starwrath.

Also, deleting the xxxx.map files actually has no impact. Had a crash shortly after.
I'm having the same problem I've killed the moon lord over 12 times today and it's crash 2 times while fighting him I've been using The Star wrath but even without using it the game will crash while fighting.
@DragoFireheart and @TuxedoMask, I’d suggest sending in this info via the bug report form here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

That will ensure that the developers see it. Include as much detail as you can remember of what you were wearing, using, any pets, minions. The more details, the better. Send in your character and worlds here (@DragoFireheart, I know you’re already working on this): SEND US A COPY OF YOUR SAVE DATA

I've had several crashes many which seemed to happen randomly or while really laggy and 2-3 times during Moon Lord and the latest crash ended up with corrupted world but other data was still fine, I've already restored from back-ups. (Would it help to share this corrupted world data too if it happens again?) I didn't want to risk overwriting any of my good files with corrupted data, and just what files are really needed worlds, characters, maps, misc. (First time I've ever got corrupt data on the ps4!)

But I think everytime or most of the time when I try to restart the game I get app won't start unless I upload then delete or just delete or some videos, and I know I'm low on free space.

I also think most crashes happen before or while it is trying to auto-save, so maybe if there isn't enough free space it can't save and it crashes or something, but one question is how does it save? Does it just overwrite the data or does it save something like a new temp data then overwrite current data?

Same here. Finished moon lord no problem on pc. Several times now fighting moon lord I always dc on ps4. I have tried not switching bioms not moving a lot or not using npcs but I always disconnect mid fight and lose all the progress in the lunar event :/

I've had several crashes many which seemed to happen randomly or while really laggy and 2-3 times during Moon Lord and the latest crash ended up with corrupted world but other data was still fine, I've already restored from back-ups. (Would it help to share this corrupted world data too if it happens again?) I didn't want to risk overwriting any of my good files with corrupted data, and just what files are really needed worlds, characters, maps, misc. (First time I've ever got corrupt data on the ps4!)

But I think everytime or most of the time when I try to restart the game I get app won't start unless I upload then delete or just delete or some videos, and I know I'm low on free space.

I also think most crashes happen before or while it is trying to auto-save, so maybe if there isn't enough free space it can't save and it crashes or something, but one question is how does it save? Does it just overwrite the data or does it save something like a new temp data then overwrite current data?
Same here. Finished moon lord no problem on pc. Several times now fighting moon lord I always dc on ps4. I have tried not switching bioms not moving a lot or not using npcs but I always disconnect mid fight and lose all the progress in the lunar event :/
If you guys are still experiencing crashes, please send in your info so that the developers can look at it. @gtasthehunter, don’t do anything that’ll overwrite your good data with corrupted data, that wouldn’t be good, I don’t want you to lose any good data.

https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html
Include as much detail as you can remember of what you were wearing, using, any pets, minions. The more details, the better.

Send in your character and worlds: SEND US A COPY OF YOUR SAVE DATA

Throwing my hat into the "moonlord battle crashed our game" ring.

Local multiplayer. We got through everything up until the Moonlord spawned, fought him for maybe 60-90 seconds and then the game went blue screen. I sent the crash report via PSN.

Me and my kid were both wearing beetle armor (I have dragon as cosmetic and purple dye). We both had raven summons (he had two, I had one). We were both using vampire knives. I was flying, he was using his slime mount and flying. We both had light pets (wisp for me, fairy for him), and I had the spooky wood pet.

We didn't even manage to kill one of the Moon lord's eyes. We weren't using yoyos. This is since 1.10.

i'm having the same problem. I have solar armor and blue acid dye (the game also registered my armor as pitch black in the character select). I used the solar eruption and no summons. I made a portal loop to avoid attacks, and the game crashed before i killed a single eye.

I just finished playing and it also crashed on me during the Moon Lord fight. This is my scenario: Normal mode (bracing up for expert), I defeat the pillars and role into the big boy battle. Tonight I got 75% through killing the body, knew I was going to defeat him and it went crash to the blue screen. I would estimate this happens 75-80% of the time when I go straight from beating the pillars. In fact, it may be an even higher percentage then that. The odd part is when I go back in, having to use fragments needlessly, I get all the way through the fight. Details:
Solar armor, no dyes
Yes to the Stardust Dragon
Portal Beam and cool rainbow one, can't remember the name, sorry. Both are the stationary minions.
Solar Eruption is my primary and almost exclusive weapon. Occasionally, I will use my Meowmere. But not tonight.
Standard potions, except tonight I added Inferno potion for the first time.

Crazy part is it almost never crashes when I go back in, at least not recently. I need to start journaling it to be certain. It is really frustrating as I have to use fragments pretty much every time so the fight cost me double. Oh, this is a PS4 console.

Safest ways to fight the Moon Lord in case of crashes!

Have, it autosave or exit and save before the last pillar and keep autosave off but sometimes even with autosave off it still seem to save? Maybe make back-up the saves in the case in crashes and autosaves, I've even gotten corrupt data once because of Moon Lord Crash with autosave on. I lost a few hrs of gameplay for that afternoon. What would happen if you save and exit after the last pillar? I haven't tried that yet.

Make some celestial sigils, have it autosave or exit and save turn off autosave, back-up the saves, I've done this and it even crashes the 1st time I used a celestial sigil and this saved me 20 each of those stupid fragments, which costs way too much with crashes like this one, and another thing is if you get repeat drops could also just close app and try again with the same few sigils!

Im getting the same crash though but it is always happening, everytime i fight him, the game crashes, i could had beaten him my on my first ever try if the game never crashed. Is there a way to workaround this crash so i can fight him with no problems?

Im getting the same crash though but it is always happening, everytime i fight him, the game crashes, i could had beaten him my on my first ever try if the game never crashed. Is there a way to workaround this crash so i can fight him with no problems?
Have you tried to turn off Autosave?

Back
Top Bottom