Mobile 1.2.4 Bug List

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM132

Spazmatism
I've been enjoying the mobile 1.2.4 update for a while now, but as expected with any major content release, it has its fair share of bugs. I've tried to create an organized list of all these bugs encountered below.
With the 1.3 mobile reset around the corner, I'm calling this thread quits. Chances are, all of these will be fixed, and a new (hopefully much smaller) set of bugs will come around in their place.

Gray: Purely cosmetic bugs, or bugs that have minimal effect. Mostly just nitpicking on my part.
White: Zero to little gameplay effect. Can happen unintentionally and cause minor annoyances
Yellow: Affects the gameplay in some way or another, or is a minor exploit
Red: Heavily affects gameplay, or is a major exploit.

Blue: Reported, status being analyzed.
Green: Upcoming fix confirmed!
[?] Means the bug has not been tested since the latest update; may or may not have been fixed.

BUG LIST
  • [?] Tapping a chest and an NPC simultaneously will cause a strange mix of chest-accessing and NPC-shopping menus. Doing anything on this screen will usually crash the game.
  • Santa Claus has no name. Messages shown are " would like to settle down" and " the Santa Claus has arrived"
  • [?] Angler gives different quests to different clients on a server; occasionally gives clients a quest that says "ANGLER[-1]" and nothing else.
  • [?] Angler's death message is "Angler was slain..." instead of "Angler has left!"
  • [?] If Angler dies and the world is re-entered, he will be at the beach sleeping again instead of moving in.
  • [?] Angler will spawn at the beach even when the player is nowhere near (this may be intentional, but is different from the PC version)
  • [?] Angler may request the player catch a fish from the ice biome, even if no ice biome generated in the world. (this is not strictly a bug, but definitely a gameplay issue)
  • [?] Frost Legion members slide across the ground and always face to the left.
  • [?] Walking Goldfish cannot be caught with a Bug Net.
  • [?] Santa-NK1 does not reveal his skull face when low HP.
  • [?] Vampires will switch between humanoid and bat form extremely fast when near the player.
  • [?] Cave Bats have a chance of dropping the Depth Meter, even though it does nothing on the mobile version.
  • [?] Truffle Worm does not spawn in underground mushroom biomes, only on the surface.
  • [?] Duke Fishron spawns offscreen instead of on the fishing hook.
  • Crimson enemies drop the Flesh Grinder (hammer) tead of the Meat Grinder (crafting station).
  • Shadow Hammers drop incorect ID items instead of hardmode bars.
  • [?] If an item is dragged to an invalid location in the inventory, it will return to the spot it was before being dragged, deleting any item that may have filled that spot
  • [?] When an item is in the garbage slot, the garbage can icon is invisible. However, if the item in the garbage slot is dragged to an invalid location, the garbage can icon will become visible while there is still an item in the slot.
  • [?] Selling an equippable item will not remove the equip button.
  • [?] Picking up a new item without leaving the inventory screen (multiplayer) will cause the item to have no description until re-entered.
  • [?] Amethyst Robe is in the "accessories and items" crafting tab instead of armor
  • [?] Recall Potion is in the "accessories and items" crafting tab instead of potions
  • [?] Bug Net hitbox is incorrect, only catches critters at the player's feet.
  • [?] Critter items can used inside solid tiles, to spawn a critter inside them.
  • [?] Enemies may drop a "Present" item that looks identical to "Blue Present" but does not stack with them or have a tooltip
  • [?] White parts of a dyed item will appear to glow in the dark.
  • [?] Other items can take on the properties of fishing rods or bait. (criteria unclear)
  • [?] Builder Potion allows the player to infinitely place a single tile until the effect wears off and the game is restarted.
  • [?] Beetle armor's set bonus is listed as "10% increased minion damage"
  • [?] Toolbox can be found in presents, despite not doing anything on mobile.
  • [?] Item pickup text does not show if the picked up item is auto-equipped.
  • [?] When picking up multiple of one item, the item pickup text will not move directly above the player
  • [?] Razorblade Typhoon makes no sound when cast.
  • [?] Razorblade Typhoon's projectile graphic appears incorrectly for one frame.
  • [?] Pirate Maps do not work if a Pirate Invasion has been defeated on the world.
  • Using the Wisp in a Bottle multiple times will cause multiple wisps to spawn
  • Vanity accessories can be bought from the travelling merchant, but cannot be equipped.
  • [?] Fishing rod can be "force cast" by switching to the fishing rod while using an item. If "force cast" the hook will fly infinitely without gravity until hitting a tile. Doing this will occasionally crash the game.
  • [?] Switching to a weapon while or after using a fishing rod will cause the weapon to be held out briefly.
  • Fishing rod fails to cast at all if there is no bait. If the line is "force cast" then it will still be able to catch fish with no bait
  • [?] Fishing rod only works if aimed towards water; using the right control slider rarely achieves this.
  • [?] Fishing depth yields are incorrect; Armored Cavefish, Specular Fish etc. can be found on the surface.
  • [?] Fishing power is inexplicably low; Junk can be caught with a high-tier fishing rod in an ocean.
  • [?] Bait is used up when casting the fishing rod instead of when catching a fish.
  • [?] Landing in water instantly recalls the fishing line.
  • Fishing in Lava or Honey yields regular fishing items.
  • [?] Regular fishing lines can still successfully fish in Lava.
  • [?] All chairs appear with a purple line above their bottom tile.
  • [?] Half-lowered platforms appear missing a bottom half. On higher resolutions, there will be a pink/yellow line below them.
  • [?] Lights and Bulbs appear layered behind Christmas Trees occasionally.
  • [?] Christmas Tree unloads when not completely offscreen.
  • Bottom part of robes do not display on mannequins.
  • [?] Jackeliers have incorrect fire overlays; they use the regular chandelier overlay.
  • [?] Torch fire overlays are extremely transparent.
  • [?] Bubble Machine still generates bubbles while the game is paused
  • [?] Timers do not work, even when turned on.
  • [?] Underground-style Giant Glowing Mushrooms generate on the surface.
  • [?] Signs and Gravestones cannot have their text edited.
  • [?] Placing Actuators does not bring up the zoomed-in view.
  • [?] Breaking a Wine Glass drops a Chest instead.
  • [?] Breaking a Glass Bowl drops a Bowl instead.
  • [?] Frost Moon plays Plantera music
  • [?] Living Wood trees spawn with a single Living Wood block floating to the right instead of a leftmost root system.
  • [?] The potion crafting tab uses outdated graphics for the potions in its icon.
  • [?] The sun/moon in the background scroll up and down faster than the background landscape does.
  • [?] Honey appears blue on the minimap.
  • "Switch to your sword" objective on tutorial requires that you switch to your first hotbar slot, not your sword.
  • [?] Concluding tutorial message does not leave the inventory screen, despite saying "Tap to continue"
  • [?] Holding left or right on a minecart off a track will cancel horizontal momentum
  • [?] Going diagonally off track will revert the character to regular rotation.
  • [?] It is possible to jump and fly while on the map screen on a multiplayer server.

Last edited:
Timers do not work on my game.
Birds dont get killed by dart traps.
Until now, I haven't caught a single quest fish(Maybe It's extremely rare or they dont catch any at all)

Thanks for the reports, @Nile The Terrarian! I did some testing and discovered that timers do not work with my game either, nor do any enemies take damage from dart traps. I would test the rarity of quest fish but I can't seem to even cast my rod on my game. I've added what I can to the list.

A mobile bug for me is that whenever chests come into a certain proximity my game will just crash. That's about the only bug I could report because I can't even load up any worlds now because of it :). Also my game will crash on iPhone, but not iPad which is weird. I made a thread in this section a while ago with more explanation.

Another bug that I found while on iPad is chests can only be opened with an empty player slot hand which is pretty weird.

Not sure why, but my pickaxe gained properties of a fishing rod, but then cannot accomplish the actions of either... essentially wasting all the materials needed to craft it. I made another, and the same thing happened...
IMG_0181.PNG

@Jet1755 I'd prefer to not list any instant crashing bugs, as there are already quite a lot of those there and it makes it harder for the developers to sort through. It would be more helpful to them if you made a separate post and included your platform specs

@Racism At Its Finest Unfortunately I can't test this, but I've heard of it happening. Dropping the item and picking it up again supposedly fixes it.

@akarjonas This is intentional; Watches, and Compasses are not supposed to be naturally obtainable. The Depth Meter dropping and not showing anything is a bug though.

i am getting a few of these as well. also, i was fishing for the eater of plankton in the corruption when i caught two guide voodoo fish, which had been the previous quest.
also, i seem to be having difficulty catching quest fish in the forest surface(dirtfish, zombiefish, bunnyfish)

Last edited:
I play on the iPad mini, iOS 9.2. Whenever I move an item from a chest to the inventory (and vice versa) the item disappears, even if there is space or that item already has its on slot and is well below its stack limit. In one instance, I moved an item to a chest where it had a slot in the bottom row, and the entire row of items disappeared.

No idea how this happened, but when I was building a sky town sort of thing, I tried to place some disk walls, which resulted in mass spawning worms without any explanation, I had a tiphia pet (bee) present, but I wasn't able to reproduce this glitch. Really nice for worms though, they don't spawn often enough.

Okay, heres what ive found so far

Timers are kaput ,
Switchs/leavers do function, but randomly.

Ie line of de-activated blocks hooked to a switch, multiple switch hits each time graphic on blocks alter (looks like rotating) but state unchanged till about 4-5th click.

System
--_-----------

Lenovo ideapad 2109
Android 4.1.1 rooted, stock rom

The list in the OP is pretty comprehensive. The timer thing is huge.

FYI, spike ball traps don't damage enemies either. I'm wondering if it may be all traps that don't work.

Beetle Armor tooltip is "increase minion attack damage by 10%" even though the actual set bonus is functioning correctly.

Dart traps don't kill plants either, i.e. don't work for harvesting mushroom/glowing mushroom farms.

iPad mini 3, iOS 9.1

Thanks for all the responses! I've added what I could verify to the list. If anyone encountered a glitch that I couldn't verify, it would be helpful to the developers to make a separate post about it. (and make sure to include your system specs!)

i think i know why no one can catch a quest fish on the surface/sky! i think that something went wrong with the whole depth think, and so everything counts as deeper that it should be! that also explains why i keep catching armored cavefish while fishing on a floating island.

in other news, my hallow is making jungle music and spawning frogs. not sure why. also i keep not getting anything worthwhile from the angler (no bunny mount or armor)

Smart idea trying to combine most of the bugs in 1 thread, you should probably look around the forum a bit more for any other player encountered bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom