Mobile 1.2.4 Bug List

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lucky Lucky Horseshoe I can why it would be intentional, but it still seems like a gameplay oversight. Since landing in the water instantly recalls the pole, you'll have to recast it and use more bait, because of another glitch, to do so. On the PC version it'll just stay in the water and not catch anything, if you're in the water.

@Lucky Lucky Horseshoe I can why it would be intentional, but it still seems like a gameplay oversight. Since landing in the water instantly recalls the pole, you'll have to recast it and use more bait, because of another glitch, to do so. On the PC version it'll just stay in the water and not catch anything, if you're in the water.
I hadn't thought about the bait consumption upon casting the line. That could be a problem.

I tried to find the site to post bugs, but couldn't
So, I have two bugs;
The meat grinder station was supposed to be added, but I farmed for it and got the Crimson hammer (flesh grinder); it is apparently called the meat grinder on mobile, which I think is the problem...
My second is signs, which haven't properly worked for a while, and don't allow writing
Thanks

I tried to find the site to post bugs, but couldn't
So, I have two bugs;
The meat grinder station was supposed to be added, but I farmed for it and got the Crimson hammer (flesh grinder); it is apparently called the meat grinder on mobile, which I think is the problem...
My second is signs, which haven't properly worked for a while, and don't allow writing
Thanks
Yes the Signs have not been fixed yet since I bought my terraria game (Which is the first 1.2 update) and it seems like they have not bothered to fix it yet. The flesh grinder thing, I dont really know about that

Thanks for the reports, @Nile The Terrarian! I did some testing and discovered that timers do not work with my game either, nor do any enemies take damage from dart traps. I would test the rarity of quest fish but I can't seem to even cast my rod on my game. I've added what I can to the list.
I can dish up the jewellery fish in Ocean biomes, but there is no angler in the world
[DOUBLEPOST=1450184278,1450183898][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks for the reports, @Nile The Terrarian! I did some testing and discovered that timers do not work with my game either, nor do any enemies take damage from dart traps. I would test the rarity of quest fish but I can't seem to even cast my rod on my game. I've added what I can to the list.
I just had a blood moon and a zombie opened a mushroom door, destroying a mushroom chair 4 tiles away
[DOUBLEPOST=1450184686][/DOUBLEPOST]
I can dish up the jewellery fish in Ocean biomes, but there is no angler in the world
[DOUBLEPOST=1450184278,1450183898][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just had a blood moon and a zombie opened a mushroom door, destroying a mushroom chair 4 tiles away

I can't hold mushroom grass seeds to plant them ( not sure about jungle)

Yes. Timers dont work for me either. Traps dont do damage at all. Questfishs dont spawn. All in all these are the major things i have seen in my game so far...oh...and the game often crashes if u reforge items. Lost a Flairon and Fishron Wings through it..but got them back. I hope i could kinda help

Have you ever noticed that some enemies always face the same side until they hit a block? They appear to don't follow us, and act like that us don't exist in the game, they just go to the direction they are facing!

Updated with a few more glitches, and color codes to show bugs that have a future fix confirmed.

Bit disappointed with what they have confirmed has an upcoming fix :(. Also can you try getting a few pirate maps and using them all on the same map it seems on my game at least if you use a pirate map on a world where you have already used it you nothing happens and it doesn't trigger the invasion. Only happened since the update

Wrench range incorrect. Only allowed regular block placing range, not the +20.
The +20 range for Wrenches was actually added in 1.3. Regardless, it doesn't look like block placement range bonuses are going to be on mobile, as the default range is already large enough to encompass most of the screen on smaller devices.

The +20 range for Wrenches was actually added in 1.3. Regardless, it doesn't look like block placement range bonuses are going to be on mobile, as the default range is already large enough to encompass most of the screen on smaller devices.

Ah. But prior to this update, I was able to use wrenches all around the screen. (On iPad.) So it was nerfed this patch? Quite a pain trying to hook up teleporters from one side of the world to the other. ):

I've been enjoying the mobile 1.2.4 update for a while now, but as expected with any major content release, it has its fair share of bugs. I've tried to create an organized list of all these bugs encountered below.
PLEASE NOTE: This list is not intended to be a one-stop shop for every bug. Report bugs that aren't listed here as a separate post, first!
If a bug's description is unclear, I'll be happy to clarify with pictures and a better explanation.
Gray: Purely cosmetic bugs, or bugs that have minimal effect. Mostly just nitpicking on my part.
White: Zero to little gameplay effect. Can happen unintentionally and cause minor annoyances
Yellow: Affects the gameplay in some way or another, or is a minor exploit
Red: Heavily affects gameplay, or is a major exploit.

Blue: Reported, status being analyzed.
Green: Upcoming fix confirmed!

BUG LIST
  • Tapping a chest and an NPC simultaneously will cause a strange mix of chest-accessing and NPC-shopping menus. Doing anything on this screen will usually crash the game.
  • Santa Claus has no name. Messages shown are " would like to settle down" and " the Santa Claus has arrived"
  • Angler gives different quests to different clients on a server; occasionally gives clients a quest that says "ANGLER[-1]" and nothing else.
  • Angler's death message is "Angler was slain..." instead of "Angler has left!"
  • If Angler dies and the world is re-entered, he will be at the beach sleeping again instead of moving in.
  • Angler will spawn at the beach even when the player is nowhere near (this may be intentional, but is different from the PC version)
  • Angler may request the player catch a fish from the ice biome, even if no ice biome generated in the world. (this is not strictly a bug, but definitely a gameplay issue)
  • Frost Legion members slide across the ground and always face to the left.
  • Walking Goldfish cannot be caught with a Bug Net.
  • Santa-NK1 does not reveal his skull face when low HP.
  • Enemies, critters, and breakable objects are entirely unaffected by Dart Traps and Spiky Ball Traps.
  • Vampires will switch between humanoid and bat form extremely fast when near the player.
  • Cave Bats have a chance of dropping the Depth Meter, even though it does nothing on the mobile version.
  • Black Recluses do not drop Spider Fangs.
  • Truffle Worm does not spawn in underground mushroom biomes, only on the surface.
  • Duke Fishron spawns offscreen instead of on the fishing hook.
  • Character appears off-center on higher resolutions (iPad 3rd generation), zooming in will cause player to be entirely offscreen, and allow tile loading/unloading to be visible.
  • Menu occasionally appears off-center on higher resolutions (iPad 3rd gen). This causes crafting/buying items to be impossible, as the buttons are offscreen.
  • If an item is dragged to an invalid location in the inventory, it will return to the spot it was before being dragged, deleting any item that may have filled that spot
  • When an item is in the garbage slot, the garbage can icon is invisible. However, if the item in the garbage slot is dragged to an invalid location, the garbage can icon will become visible while there is still an item in the slot.
  • Selling an equippable item will not remove the equip button.
  • Picking up a new item without leaving the inventory screen (multiplayer) will cause the item to have no description until re-entered.
  • Amethyst Robe is in the "accessories and items" crafting tab instead of armor
  • Recall Potion is in the "accessories and items" crafting tab instead of potions
  • Bug Net hitbox is incorrect, only catches critters at the player's feet.
  • Critter items can used inside solid tiles, to spawn a critter inside them.
  • Enemies may drop a "Present" item that looks identical to "Blue Present" but does not stack with them or have a tooltip
  • White parts of a dyed item will appear to glow in the dark.
  • Other items can take on the properties of fishing rods or bait. (criteria unclear)
  • Builder Potion allows the player to infinitely place a single tile until the effect wears off and the game is restarted.
  • Beetle armor's set bonus is listed as "10% increased minion damage"
  • Toolbox can be found in presents, despite not doing anything on mobile.
  • Item pickup text does not show if the picked up item is auto-equipped.
  • When picking up multiple of one item, the item pickup text will not move directly above the player
  • Fishing rod can be "force cast" by switching to the fishing rod while using an item. If "force cast" the hook will fly infinitely without gravity until hitting a tile. Doing this will occasionally crash the game.
  • Switching to a weapon while or after using a fishing rod will cause the weapon to be held out briefly.
  • Fishing rod fails to cast at all if there is no bait. If the line is "force cast" then it will still be able to catch fish with no bait
  • Fishing rod only works if aimed towards water; using the right control slider rarely achieves this.
  • Fishing depth yields are incorrect; Armored Cavefish, Specular Fish etc. can be found on the surface.
  • Fishing power is inexplicably low; Junk can be caught with a high-tier fishing rod in an ocean.
  • Bait is used up when casting the fishing rod instead of when catching a fish.
  • Landing in water instantly recalls the fishing line.
  • Fishing in Lava or Honey yields regular fishing items.
  • Regular fishing lines can still successfully fish in Lava.
  • All chairs appear with a purple line above their bottom tile.
  • Half-lowered platforms appear missing a bottom half. On higher resolutions, there will be a pink/yellow line below them.
  • Lights and Bulbs appear layered behind Christmas Trees occasionally.
  • Christmas Tree unloads when not completely offscreen.
  • Bottom part of robes do not display on mannequins.
  • Jackeliers have incorrect fire overlays; they use the regular chandelier overlay.
  • Torch fire overlays are extremely transparent.
  • Bubble Machine still generates bubbles while the game is paused
  • Timers do not work, even when turned on.
  • Underground-style Giant Glowing Mushrooms generate on the surface.
  • Signs and Gravestones cannot have their text edited.
  • Placing Actuators does not bring up the zoomed-in view.
  • Frost Moon plays Plantera music
  • Living Wood trees spawn with a single Living Wood block floating to the right instead of a leftmost root system.
  • The potion crafting tab uses outdated graphics for the potions in its icon.
  • The sun/moon in the background scroll up and down faster than the background landscape does.
  • Honey appears blue on the minimap.
  • "Switch to your sword" objective on tutorial requires that you switch to your first hotbar slot, not your sword.
  • Concluding tutorial message does not leave the inventory screen, despite saying "Tap to continue"
  • "Passcode:" displays at the bottom of the screen during the tutorial
Boots equiped in the vanity slot will randomly disappear

I found another bug-
You can craft and place wine glasses, but when you mine them they give you a wooden chest
Same with glass bowls except you get a normal bowl

Last edited:
the game often crashes if u reforge items.
I couldn't reproduce this one; I spent multiple platinum reforging weapons and it didn't crash.
can you try getting a few pirate maps and using them all on the same map it seems on my game at least if you use a pirate map on a world where you have already used it you nothing happens and it doesn't trigger the invasion.
This happens to me too, added to list.
I found another bug-
You can craft and place wine glasses, but when you mine them they give you a wooden chest
Same with glass bowls except you get a normal bowl
I can very that this happens; added to list.

I got fishron wings, put them and, reforged and the game crashed and I lost them. Same happend to Flairon...maybe it is like the timer thing...they work for some and for some dont...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom