PC 1.3.0.3 Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright. I've fought the Moon Lord three more times since 1.3.0.3. Nothing I have done -- absolutely nothing -- has been capable killing the leeches and prematurely ending the healing debuff. I've tried swinging my sword like a madman, intentionally diving right into my Death Sickle's attacks, and bathing myself in my North Pole's falling snow, and none of these things have in any way succeeded in removing the debuff from me. The only way I could possibly win is if I built an arena to block the eye's laser and somehow -- inside this arena -- managed to dodge all of the others laser attacks as well, and I can't really imagine myself coming out of the Moon Lord's chaotic boss fight without being scratched.

Can someone give me some kind of advice? Am I doing something wrong? Have I been misinformed and it is actually intended that you are incapable of healing within the very brief window the debuff allows you? Or is this unintended and worthy of a report on the Bug Forums? I just want to figure this out. .-.

What sort of data type is the "ThickMouseEdgesPackedColor" setting in config.json using, in case we want to change the edge color? I see it's set to a 10-digit number.

Edit: The default number appears to represent the highest possibler 32-bit integer, 4294967295. Maybe a programmer joke? :)

Last edited:
For some reason, I can't get 3 hearts from a Heart Statue anymore (using 1sec timer). I just got one heart at time, even if the statue has 6 wires connected on it.

For some reason, I can't get 3 hearts from a Heart Statue anymore (using 1sec timer). I just got one heart at time, even if the statue has 6 wires connected on it.
I believe that was this line in the 1.3.0.1 notes:
"Fixed a bug where you could spawn a heart/enemy from a statue using wires faster than intended.."

You can beat the Lord by using distance between the hands and killing them. Then go for the eye on the head. Finally make him go offscreen and shoot his heart. You definitely need Nebula Blaze and UFO mount but sometimes I used the mirror for the nurse. :/

I had one because of a maxed out 1.2 char on a new hardmode able to break in /w Picksaw. Just defeat the Mech Trio and Plantera again and then see
[DOUBLEPOST=1435952175][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's not what he's talking about
[DOUBLEPOST=1435952367][/DOUBLEPOST]
F10 just remember it
[DOUBLEPOST=1435952515][/DOUBLEPOST]
don't forget the mages
[DOUBLEPOST=1435952634][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you find one, PM it to firere012@gmail

If any of you guys are having the same trouble with moonlord you can find my steam account connected to this one, and honestly i've solo'd him on expert so I doubt normal mode has anything to scare me with

I will even stop using my luminite gear so that it doesn't feel cheaty if that is what you wish because I just wanna help people

Alright. I've fought the Moon Lord three more times since 1.3.0.3. Nothing I have done -- absolutely nothing -- has been capable killing the leeches and prematurely ending the healing debuff. I've tried swinging my sword like a madman, intentionally diving right into my Death Sickle's attacks, and bathing myself in my North Pole's falling snow, and none of these things have in any way succeeded in removing the debuff from me. The only way I could possibly win is if I built an arena to block the eye's laser and somehow -- inside this arena -- managed to dodge all of the others laser attacks as well, and I can't really imagine myself coming out of the Moon Lord's chaotic boss fight without being scratched.

Can someone give me some kind of advice? Am I doing something wrong? Have I been misinformed and it is actually intended that you are incapable of healing within the very brief window the debuff allows you? Or is this unintended and worthy of a report on the Bug Forums? I just want to figure this out. .-.

Simple put, from my past experience fighting the boss, the tentacle attachment is when the debuff occurs and currently there is no way to avoid it. You can make it detach early by destroying the sacs that spawn from it, but sadly that will cause the boss to cycles through its moves. The moves between the center eye and tentacle attachment are around 15 seconds and the debuff is 15 seconds long.

The weak point would be the time the tentacle is released to when it actually attaches. The further away you are the more time you have before the debuff is triggered. With that in mind the best course of action would to use a mage build that utilizes long range magic weapons. Therefore, using the Razorblade Typhoon along with the Spectre Armor would be the best choice at maintaining a far distance and still being able to heal and deal damage. Melee options though seem to be more of a death sentence.

What do the numbers represent for colors for the thick mouse edge? I believe the default is white no?
See my post from above:
What sort of data type is the "ThickMouseEdgesPackedColor" setting in config.json using, in case we want to change the edge color? I see it's set to a 10-digit number.

Edit: The default number appears to represent the highest possibler 32-bit integer, 4294967295. Maybe a programmer joke? :)

Not necessarily an answer, but could be.

Simple put, from my past experience fighting the boss, the tentacle attachment is when the debuff occurs and currently there is no way to avoid it. You can make it detach early by destroying the sacs that spawn from it, but sadly that will cause the boss to cycles through its moves. The moves between the center eye and tentacle attachment are around 15 seconds and the debuff is 15 seconds long.

The weak point would be the time the tentacle is released to when it actually attaches. The further away you are the more time you have before the debuff is triggered. With that in mind the best course of action would to use a mage build that utilizes long range magic weapons. Therefore, using the Razorblade Typhoon along with the Spectre Armor would be the best choice at maintaining a far distance and still being able to heal and deal damage. Melee options though seem to be more of a death sentence.

when you say melee is a death sentence? You realize with the proper setup you can get like 130 defense easily just by using Beetle armor with defense chest piece warding accessories one of which is a celestial stone/shell, and then if your hp drops below 50% having the frozen turtle shell really holds the fight + you get that sweet damage mitigation from the tank beetle armor

What do the numbers represent for colors for the thick mouse edge? I believe the default is white no?

32-bit Colors are often represented in RGBA as values up to 256, 256, 256, 256. Those specific numbers would be white. If you multiply those numbers together, you get 4294967296. So I think the number is just the decimal value of a 32-bit RGBA color.

Last edited:
32-bit Colors are often represented in RGBA as values up to 256, 256, 256, 256. Those specific numbers would be white. If you multiply those numbers together, you get 4294967296. So I think the number is just the decimal value of a 32-bit RGBA color.
Not sure if you replied to the right person there, but that sounds about right :)

when you say melee is a death sentence? You realize with the proper setup you can get like 130 defense easily just by using Beetle armor with defense chest piece warding accessories one of which is a celestial stone/shell, and then if your hp drops below 50% having the frozen turtle shell really holds the fight + you get that sweet damage mitigation from the tank beetle armor
I am talking about melee builds that rely on life steal, not surviving til you can use the next health potion. Yes you can use life steal in that build, but the fact still remains that the debuff will still be present.

Don't forget Vampire Knives. ;)

Then why did you guys not make his Phantasm Beam actually and conventionally dodgeable?

For some people the point has been that there was next to no alternative to getting leech in. Now there is no leech available anymore, not even in expert mode (where it has been less effective already if remember correctly).

So how do you expect players with lesser experience to not get seriously frustrated because of this? If I can't beat this guy in expert mode, that is something I can actually live with, but now he is even hard when fighting him in normal mode.

I know you guys have some affinity for nerfing stuff revolving on leech when it is too good, I can see why that is and I also experienced that with the spectre set in particular. But why is it, that you always "downgrade" what's good, instead of upgrading some stuff that is actually lacking? In terms of survival we're talking summoners and rangers here...

Some form of understandable reasoning would be very much appreciated.

It's been said before in this thread, but I'll say it again. Teleport/Recall to your nurse and you can use her healing abilities for the entire final fight. It is NOT POSSIBLE for the final boss to despawn from you moving too far away, so you can fight him in one area, teleport/recall when you are low to your nurse, heal for full, and then head back and continue the fight. I've done this boss fight, solo, in 1.3.0.3, on expert with only pre-final boss gear multiple times and this is, by far, the easiest method of defeating him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom