PC 1.3.0.3 Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Special thanks in the patch notes for me? Wow, gotta be happy about that. I didn't know I helped that much with my suggestions and reports. Looking forward to playing the game this weekend, if I have time to :).

Thanks for the new patch and all your hard work to all developers and other staff too!

It's been said before in this thread, but I'll say it again. Teleport/Recall to your nurse and you can use her healing abilities for the entire final fight. It is NOT POSSIBLE for the final boss to despawn from you moving too far away, so you can fight him in one area, teleport/recall when you are low to your nurse, heal for full, and then head back and continue the fight. I've done this boss fight, solo, in 1.3.0.3, on expert with only pre-final boss gear multiple times and this is, by far, the easiest method of defeating him.
While this is a legit Method I fear it's not what the devs want and will possibly be removed. It's also very cheap, way cheaper than using any of the lifesteal gear.

Didn't saw if it was noticed yet, but a filter to sort characters and worlds lists by date would be easier and faster to read I guess, since the 1.3 added dates of creation, a simple button to re-arrange lists in chronological (and anti) order could be cool. :)

If any of you guys are having the same trouble with moonlord you can find my steam account connected to this one, and honestly i've solo'd him on expert so I doubt normal mode has anything to scare me with

I will even stop using my luminite gear so that it doesn't feel cheaty if that is what you wish because I just wanna help people
I don't care about the gear I just want to be able beat him twice so I can farm for my other chars that I have created
[DOUBLEPOST=1436014453,1436014115][/DOUBLEPOST]
I nearly did, but I got shot down by those True Eyes of Cthulhu. I got close though. Wonderfully intense fight.

Also, how the heck are we supposed to record the music that plays during the fight?
We place the music box down and start trying to record it, like they originally intended you to do before making it equipable
[DOUBLEPOST=1436014517][/DOUBLEPOST]
Pedguin soloed moo Lord on expert
The Cow layer is REAL?!?!?!?! lol
[DOUBLEPOST=1436014681][/DOUBLEPOST]
WHY are you still using Windows XP? It lost support a year ago!
[DOUBLEPOST=1435960835,1435960754][/DOUBLEPOST]
Go to My Documents > My Games > Terraria and open the config.json with either Notepad++ or WordPad :)
My Windows XP is still supported

You worked very hard and you all made a great job at Re-Logic!
I played with 1.3 and I think it became very good! Of course there can be bugs, but don't let this make you feel sad!
I can only congratulate you! ;)

The only bug I have personaly encountered was the with the Money Trough, which has the same bug piggy banks had back in 1.2, where you picked up 1 item from the stack where the cursor is on when opening them. Other than that, everything works perfectly :)

Lifesteal was intended, everyone uses it=It's not cheap

Lifesteal is intended, but it isn't intended to be one of the most broken things in the game. Re-Logic really needs to ween people off that bottle already. The fact that people complain when its nerfs is proof of how much of a crutch it was. Heaven forbid the game ask you to take a couple of steps on your own instead of carrying you the entire time. Always reminds me of those babies that cry as soon as you put them down.

Last edited:
Lifesteal is intended, but it isn't intended to be one of the most broken things in the game. Re-Logic really needs to ween people off that bottle already. The fact that people complain when its nerfs is proof of how much of a crutch it was. Heaven forbid the game ask you to take a couple of steps on your own instead of carrying you the entire time. Always reminds me of those babies that cry as soon as you put them down.
Have you tried the final boss ? Having some kind of leech or just running away from him(which is obviously not what Relogic wans, see Duke Fishron for this) and warping to the Nurse, isn't any better and cheap too.

The problem with the Moon Lord is that it's way too hard to avoid most attacks. I know how to avoid the big laser, but then there is the other stuff and the true eyes which are just a big pain to avoid. Sometimes I had situations where I literally had just healed from the nurse and had to warp back a few seconds later because I was down again at 100 HP.

Also, sure Lifesteal needs to be balanced for those bosses, but making it flat out impossible to use(you already have some downgrades of using the hood and the knives mean less damage) is just wrong. The debuff lasts 15 seconds, which means you get like a soild 1 or 2 seconds of actually leeching which just doesn't work out at all.

Thanks for all the super content~

I just wanna say though, with regards to ML, there is no leech targetable when I am fighting him, and I've solo'd him in normal both pre and after the recent patch. I'm not gonna scream and cry about it because frankly I'm okay with swapping gear on characters to do stuff, but if someone does want to beat him as a mage or ranged, bar running away we're a little stuck?
I played mage for the majority of the game, swapping between the two spectre hoods fighting ML pre patch, and it was doable, providing you dodge things like the laser and the eye circles. Seriously just hug his face, he stops moving when he fires the laser and it's not too hard to avoid.

Now, I can't imagine that since most if not all other bosses despawn when you teleport away, that you want the whole 'port to the nurse and heal lol' tactic to be a thing. If that's the case, why remove all healing, including campfire/heart lantern/statue/honey? I can understand the leech preventing that, that's cool. But if we can't hit it to remove it, then how are we supposed to stay alive for the duration of the fight without abusing the nurse? I'm not asking from the point of melee, beetle armor makes the fight comparatively easy. Mages in particular can't really do it on a basis of 60 second cooldown on a potion without getting hit with cuffs on...and without being able to heal themselves because, even when the tongue/leech is off, the debuff is 15 seconds long, it takes less than that to get annihilated.
This is assuming you don't want us to do a fishron and run like hell. This is assuming that we are playing solo, not multi. With pre-ML resources.

I'm not saying we need life stealing equipment. We did just fine getting up to the point of plantera/golem without it, it's not a necessity. Just learn to dodge the big ones. But you are gonna get hit now and then, and as a squishy, that hurts. A lot. Which is why we at least want the regen if we choose to fight in an arena.
But a lot of people don't play this hardcore. People are struggling, and it's not making it fun or worthwhile to play. I know it should be hard. I'm content with that, I love a challenge and hope to tackle expert later tonight. The whole lifestealing thing should be a choice whether people wanna use it or not. Don't force people to feel that they need to stop a playstyle they are happy and comfortable with, just to increase the difficulty.

Please change the tactic so that when the leech is removed, regeneration resumes. It's fine to be prevented while it's on, but if the player takes it off, it shouldn't persist more than a couple of seconds, really? There is already a cap on healing as is, and imo VK aren't that good on a small singular target like this in motion. That should be the crux of 'why am I not healing?!' if people want to use that. People should, ultimately, be allowed to fight the bosses the way they want, if they can make a situation work. Right?

TL;DR Tongue is bugged and untargetable, debuff lasts far too long, please don't force people to change the way they play based on a broken mechanic.

How long has Terraria been able to bring incompatible worlds up to date? This is kinda heavy news.

How do you link items from your inventory to the chat? I'm trying left click , dragging the item to the chat, right click, I can't find the button lol If someone could shed some light, I'd really be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom