1.3.0.5 Strange plant change?

SKKiro

Spazmatism
In 1.3.0.4, I think most people know that strange plants were made more common. In that version I would harvest 2 or 3 per hour across the surface of my world.

However in 1.3.0.5 no strange plants have grown at all since a few hours of playtime.
I don't mind them taking more time to grow/be more rare but can anybody confirm if they were changed in 1.3.0.5?

Snowhusky5

Terrarian
If I had to guess, you are just getting unlucky. Possibly all of your strange plants during that playtime spawned underground or somewhere else where they are hidden.

Hie the Badger

The Destroyer
Seeing as I grabbed like 6 of them off my skyway I can confirm they are still as common as ever. Did the changelog state anything about changing the plants? If not, it didn't change.

Shakie666

Terrarian
Seeing as I grabbed like 6 of them off my skyway I can confirm they are still as common as ever. Did the changelog state anything about changing the plants? If not, it didn't change.
The vortex beater nerf wasn't mentioned in the changelog either, there's no reason to think this wouldn't be.

Hie the Badger

The Destroyer
If you are not at least 750 to 900 meters up off the ground you will get normal dye plants preventing the strange plants from spawning.

KwwB

Terrarian
I doubt that anything changed with strange plants. I'm getting just as many as I did in 1.3.0.4
[DOUBLEPOST=1436890178,1436890161][/DOUBLEPOST]Good luck!

SKKiro

Spazmatism
If you are not at least 750 to 900 meters up off the ground you will get normal dye plants preventing the strange plants from spawning.

They changed it so in 1.3.0.4 that strange plant is independent from dye plants anymore as well with the maximum distance.

Anyways, I made a dirt skybridge, none are spawning and none or surface either.
As far as cavern goes, places where my strange plants would spawn literally don't have caverns underneath them anymore and I checked even further down to see if there some but no.

rafaelx1bm2

Official Terrarian
They changed it so in 1.3.0.4 that strange plant is independent from dye plants anymore as well with the maximum distance.
Anyways, I made a dirt skybridge, none are spawning and none or surface either.
As far as cavern goes, places where my strange plants would spawn literally don't have caverns underneath them anymore and I checked even further down to see if there some but no.
That first part is truth, the independent plants might have been a bug, which was unlisted and changed at 1.3.0.5 now they once again have the habit of not growing near other dye plants soo remove the dye plants as they could be too near, the strange plants by my gameplay I noticed are spawning better at a underground pathway (Try from the middle of the map into the dungeon, should then start spawning a few there) works really well to spawn them as there isn't much dye plants near.

Hax4Ever

Empress of Light
I think the dye trader sells all the things from strange plant quests now. Not sure about that though.

Top Bottom