PC 1.3.0.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree, to get luminite, you need to kill the Moon Lord himself. This makes it so that the item can't be made by players who cannot beat him.

That's my point.
Kill him, so you can summon him the easy way.
At the beggining of lunar fun the pillars are some real challange, so i think everyone should be fighting their way to Mr. Lord until they can break his bones.
But at the point i am now, the sigil is verry useful. It was borring to go all the way when MoonMan was already easy to kill.

Sorry for my grammar.

just seeking a little clarity (i'm a career mage, need to ask), what precisely was done to rebalance the nebula weapons? i feel strongly for some reason that arcanum is quite a bit faster in movement, but i cant place what else was done amongst the set. (feel free to inbox me if you guys want) all in all, i love the new revisions and patching. everything is feeling a bit smoother now that a ton of bugs and kinks are worked out. i cant precisely tell but was the buff pickup range adjusted at all, or is that my imagination?

love the update all in all. content-wise, 1.3 feels like the game has "just the right amount" of content now, and anything more would just be "tweaking" or "balancing" tiny things (i hope we get a martian madness summon item before everyone takes their break). thank you re-logic for once again delivering :D

P.S. Congrats Red and Cenx on the baby and marriage :D

Why did the Content/Images/*.xnb image files become uncompressed in the 1.3.0.5 Steam version? And they were uncompressed even earlier in the 1.3.0.x releases in the GOG version. That meant that the installation size of the game went from about 100MB to 850 MB for no apparent reason(?).
Huh. Interesting question/observation. Maybe they hoped uncompressed graphics would help with some of the slow-down issues people have been having. (I don't think it has, though.)

if it was intentional would have been nice if they'd mentioned the game's file size would have a zero tacked on though(not that its all that huge anyway ;P)

Last edited:
i remember how my living wood style house in which the ceiling and top walls where made of living leaf, and how it took me forever for the merchant to move in, so that addition is great

just seeking a little clarity (i'm a career mage, need to ask), what precisely was done to rebalance the nebula weapons? i feel strongly for some reason that arcanum is quite a bit faster in movement, but i cant place what else was done amongst the set. (feel free to inbox me if you guys want) all in all, i love the new revisions and patching. everything is feeling a bit smoother now that a ton of bugs and kinks are worked out. i cant precisely tell but was the buff pickup range adjusted at all, or is that my imagination?

love the update all in all. content-wise, 1.3 feels like the game has "just the right amount" of content now, and anything more would just be "tweaking" or "balancing" tiny things (i hope we get a martian madness summon item before everyone takes their break). thank you re-logic for once again delivering :D

P.S. Congrats Red and Cenx on the baby and marriage :D

Mana costs got halved on both of them I think. Or at least they feel lower.

Huh. Interesting question/observation. Maybe they hoped uncompressed graphics would help with some of the slow-down issues people have been having. (I don't think it has, though.)

would have been nice if they'd mentioned the game's file size would have a zero tacked on though

I think it was just an oversight in packaging the update(s), I've brought it to the dev's attention.

just seeking a little clarity (i'm a career mage, need to ask), what precisely was done to rebalance the nebula weapons? i feel strongly for some reason that arcanum is quite a bit faster in movement, but i cant place what else was done amongst the set.

The Nebula Arcanum's projectiles move faster, it's mana cost was reduced from 40 to 30, and the damage was reduced from 80 to 70.
The Nebula Blaze had it's damage increased from 120 to 130, and it seems to home much better than before.
That's what I've observed, there may be other changes.

for the same reason they fixed hellstone and meteor when people were abusing that for an easy invulnerability exploit.

..although while they were fixing spikes anyway I really wish they'd made player placed spikes damage enemies too

for the same reason they fixed hellstone and meteor when people were abusing that for an easy invulnerability exploit.

..although while they were fixing spikes anyway I really wish they'd made player placed spikes damage enemies too

Really... spikes have always been worthless... they need definitely need to damage enemies... I remember gathering a bunch of them when I first started playing and setting them out around my base to waste those stupid goblin army dudes and then watched in horror as they just walked right over them...

... and I liked being able to put activated blocks under chests to *farm* them with those old bird engines, too... sigh... memories of good times long past...

As of this evening, I've crashed multiple times on saving, resulting in my steam bootstrapper refusing to work. I just lost the entirety of my summoner accessories because of this, as well as a ton of crafted ammunition, my lava boots and spectre boots, and my celestial stone and destroyer emblem. I reported this back when the patch went live, among numerous others, and it's still happening.

Last edited:
The Nebula Arcanum's projectiles move faster, it's mana cost was reduced from 40 to 30, and the damage was reduced from 80 to 70.
The Nebula Blaze had it's damage increased from 120 to 130, and it seems to home much better than before.
That's what I've observed, there may be other changes.
thanks a ton, i'm glad that there's some stats to look at, and i feel better knowing what's what. i freaking love using nebula arcanum now! it just Shreks EVERYTHING even if i'm playing mage-tank (high defense mage) ^_^

As of this evening, I've crashed multiple times on saving, resulting in my steam bootstrapper refusing to work. I just lost the entirety of my summoner accessories because of this, as well as a ton of crafted ammunition, my lava boots and spectre boots, and my celestial stone and destroyer emblem. I reported this back when the patch went live, among numerous others, and it's still happening.
As in you haven't saved in a while, or you lost your character?
If you've lost your character you should have a back up in [Drive]:\Users\[User]\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Players.
Just make a copy of it and by renaming it, remove the .bak at the end.

If it's the former, contact me by message and I'll gladly procure some of the things you need.

Why did the Content/Images/*.xnb image files become uncompressed in the 1.3.0.5 Steam version? And they were uncompressed even earlier in the 1.3.0.x releases in the GOG version. That meant that the installation size of the game went from about 100MB to 850 MB for no apparent reason(?).

if it was intentional would have been nice if they'd mentioned the game's file size would have a zero tacked on though(not that its all that huge anyway ;P)
I was wondering about the same thing. The actual download was less than 30 Meg, but then suddenly my Terraria folder was eight times bigger than it had been. I'm not exactly pressed for space here, but I'd prefer it if my game didn't take up an entire extra CD's worth of space without a good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom