PC 1.3.0.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
As in you haven't saved in a while, or you lost your character?
If you've lost your character you should have a back up in [Drive]:\Users\[User]\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Players.
Just make a copy of it and by renaming it, remove the .bak at the end.

If it's the former, contact me by message and I'll gladly procure some of the things you need.

Neither. I still have the character, but the items that I removed from him and put into the chest are entirely gone. Not on the character, and not in the box, which I assume means the character was saved after depositing the stuff, but the world was not. Thanks for the offer but I'm not desperately bothered about the actual item loss, I can make some more with a little time and effort, and he was a pre 1.3 character file. c: It just bothered me that this is still happening even with steam cloud disabled for the game.

On point, I am also getting terraria simply shutting itself down now in the menu as well. I tried to delete an old world that I'd spent all of 5 mins on, and the game closed itself down with no explanation.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437100082,1437099943][/DOUBLEPOST]
check the plr.bak file in documents. if not use this yal.cc/r/terrasavr/fl/ (it wouldn't be cheating to restore your character (better him than the world, this is more easily fixed :)although worlds have a backup too))

How would I 'check' the file? I have np finding it but I usually don't tinker much with game files so I'm a little lost with this one. Thanks in advance :D

Neither. I still have the character, but the items that I removed from him and put into the chest are entirely gone. Not on the character, and not in the box, which I assume means the character was saved after depositing the stuff, but the world was not. Thanks for the offer but I'm not desperately bothered about the actual item loss, I can make some more with a little time and effort, and he was a pre 1.3 character file. c: It just bothered me that this is still happening even with steam cloud disabled for the game.

On point, I am also getting terraria simply shutting itself down now in the menu as well. I tried to delete an old world that I'd spent all of 5 mins on, and the game closed itself down with no explanation.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437100082,1437099943][/DOUBLEPOST]

How would I 'check' the file? I have np finding it but I usually don't tinker much with game files so I'm a little lost with this one. Thanks in advance :D
Do you by any chance have your world/character on the cloud through the ingame settings? In some cases it may still try to synch up with the cloud if its only disabled through steam settings.

Oh, right. just rename it to a .plr file(remove the .bak) and try loading the character.

iirc its a backup of the character file from the last time you successfully loaded it

I still have the character, but the items that I removed from him and put into the chest are entirely gone. Not on the character, and not in the box, which I assume means the character was saved after depositing the stuff, but the world was not.

but this sounds like some other weird problem, i thought it was a corrupted player save. so not sure how much it'll help really.

Do you by any chance have your world/character on the cloud through the ingame settings? In some cases it may still try to synch up with the cloud if its only disabled through steam settings.

It actually started around 1.3.2 after I let it join the cloud. It's since been turned off though because it didn't actually start the crashing til maybe a day after it was enabled. I started a new world about an hour ago and not had any issues whatsoever, so I guess the problem is probably related to the fact the world I've been playing on was on the cloud as well. I have suspicions since it was 50-50 crashing at the point of 'Backing up world' on saving. Or it might be something to do with it being an older world. I'm not sure.

I haven't had a crash since starting a new expert world so I'll try playing again on the older one and seeing if there's any difference.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437105084,1437104944][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh, right. just rename it to a .plr file(remove the .bak) and try loading the character.

iirc its a backup of the character file from the last time you successfully loaded it

but this sounds like some other weird problem, i thought it was a corrupted player save. so not sure how much it'll help really.

Ah thank you, I shall give that a shot and see if anything changes! I suppose on the plus side, weirdly enough, my digging machine unit seems to have duplicated since I dropped it into a chest and got a crash on save with my main character, and when I rebooted the game it was both in my inventory AND the chest? Saves me some materials if I wanted to make a second but it's still not meant to happen haha..

You must not play very many video games if this is the only one you have had this issue with. It is not a bug, it is normal for this behavior to happen in windowed games. To put it bluntly, learn some hand/eye coordination and stop yourself from sending the cursor off the map.

He said that the game was not in windowed mode, which means that it shouldn't be allowing the cursor to jump screens. Read before you make a relatively mean-spirited comment.

I know one bug that hasn't been fixed. It's the Last Prism beam not showing in multiplayer (still does damage, maybe not so fun trying to avoid invisible death rays of death).
[Edit] Unless the fix wasn't shown. :p

Hopefully 1.3.0.6 will come out with the fixes needed so then you guys can take your deserved time to relax, great work. I appreciate how much effort you put into the game, you are truly the best.
PS: Lava Waders + Frostspark Boots anytime soon? :p

Is there ever going to be a fix to cultists not spawning if dungeon entrance is modified????

I really hate that I cant do endgame content on my main world that I spent months building.

Is there ever going to be a fix to cultists not spawning if dungeon entrance is modified????

I really hate that I cant do endgame content on my main world that I spent months building.
Maybe. For now just keep the "floor" same level or higher and space where tablet spawns empty.

is the Terrarian yoyo going to be a real life yoyo sponsored by Re-logic as official Terraria merchandise? because the one-drop logo is the tooltip of the Terrarian

is the Terrarian yoyo going to be a real life yoyo sponsored by Re-logic as official Terraria merchandise? because the one-drop logo is the tooltip of the Terrarian
yeah, saw it advertised a little while ago

box art aparently

edit-
yoyo

Last week we announced our amazing partnership with Re-Logic who make the sandbox indie game Terraria. The latest update is jam packed with a total of 10 One Drop Yo-Yos! The ultimate yo-yo in the game the "Terrarian", sports a damage power of 190 and a critical hit chance of 14%, will be coming to reality.

Last edited:
Lava waders + Ninja gear combo would be awesome.
Could we request that we get some indication to how many minions we have actively summoned? Like a number on the buff icon would be pretty nice. Someone mentioned it in the last changelog too, I'm sure.

Lava waders + Ninja gear combo would be awesome.
Could we request that we get some indication to how many minions we have actively summoned? Like a number on the buff icon would be pretty nice. Someone mentioned it in the last changelog too, I'm sure.
Number on "pet buff" would've been awesome!

As for accessories, I hope in 1.3.0.6 we will at least see much needed Fishing Acc!

Ultimate Fishing Acc:
High Test Fishing Line + Angler Earring + Tackle Box

I would also love to see some of this:

Ultimate Magic Acc (aka magic counterpart for Fire Gauntlet/Snipers Scope/Papyrus Scarab):
Celestial Cuffs + Avenger Emblem or Celestial Cuffs + Sorcerer Emblem or Celestial Emblem + Magic Cuffs
Ultimate Survivability Acc:
Star Veil + Sweetheart Necklace
Ultimate Boots Acc (IMHO, this combination is better, then with Master Ninja Gear):
Frostspark Boots + Lava Waders
Ultimate Tank Acc:
Frozen Turtle Shell + Paladin's Shield

Last edited:
Number on "pet buff" would've been awesome!

As for accessories, I hope we will see at least much needed Fishing Acc in 1.3.0.6!

Ultimate Fishing Acc:
High Test Fishing Line + Angler Earring + Tackle Box

I would also love to see some of this:

Ultimate Magic Acc (aka magic counterpart for Fire Gauntlet/Snipers Scope/Papyrus Scarab):
Celestial Cuffs + Avenger Emblem or Celestial Cuffs + Sorcerer Emblem or Celestial Emblem + Magic Cuffs
Ultimate Survivability Acc:
Star Veil + Sweetheart Necklace
Ultimate Boots Acc (IMHO, this combination is better, then with Master Ninja Gear):
Frostspark Boots + Lava Waders
Ultimate Tank Acc:
Frozen Turtle Shell + Paladin's Shield

That'd be awesome sure but I simply hope for some bugfixes...

Great job guys! Keep up the good work! We're enjoying 1.3 tons here as family time (mom, dad, daughter, 10, & son, 8) `:happy:

Ps. My wish is for deep brown paint and metallic paints (metallic dyes + paint)) for my steampunker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom