1.3.1 Feedback and Bugs Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at it you can see that when JUMPING the legs get longer clothing.

I see what you are referring to, but I believe that is simply how the sprite is drawn. Not something that stands out to me as a particular problem, but I'll talk to @Lazure just in case. :)

Not sure if its a Bug but the Firefly Statue will sometimes spawn Lightning Bugs

Working as intended; you will notice that all critter statues have a chance to spawn their different variants!

Unable to rename chests.

Edit: More details

Open the chest and click on rename, but keyboard input isn't being detected. No letters, numbers, of even the delete key.

Unable to rename chests.

Edit: More details

Open the chest and click on rename, but keyboard input isn't being detected. No letters, numbers, of even the delete key.

Did you have the flashing text icon at the end of the chest name when you hit Rename?

Were you using Gamepad or Keyboard/Mouse at the time?

Additionally, what operating system are you using?

What driver was used during testing on the Xbox One controller and OSX El Capitan? The driver I am using is from the link below, however the game is not recognizing the controller even though the controller is functional through the driver utility. Anyway, what is your recommendation for users with a Xbox One controller and El Capitan?

https://github.com/360Controller/360Controller/releases

Thanks,
-Joey

Did you have the flashing text icon at the end of the chest name when you hit Rename?

Were you using Gamepad or Keyboard/Mouse at the time?

Additionally, what operating system are you using?

Yes, I had the flashing text icon. I just tried it a bunch of times and If i hit delete like 20 times it will eventually delete the word chest. But nothing else is working.

I tried restarting the game too. Still presists.

I'm on keyboard and mouse, on Win7.

Yes, I had the flashing text icon. I just tried it a bunch of times and If i hit delete like 20 times it will eventually delete the word chest. But nothing else is working.

I tried restarting the game too. Still presists.

I'm on keyboard and mouse, on Win7.

Hey @ValmontDraconus, could you make a thread here: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?forums/pc-bug-reports.113/

Repost all the information you've provided thus far. Also, have you used a Gamepad at all since the update? If so, note that in the thread. :)

What driver was used during testing on the Xbox One controller and OSX El Capitan? The driver I am using is from the link below, however the game is not recognizing the controller even though the controller is functional through the driver utility. Anyway, what is your recommendation for users with a Xbox One controller and El Capitan?

https://github.com/360Controller/360Controller/releases

Thanks,
-Joey

@ambrodel, Mac doesn't naturally support the Xbox One controller, and so we don't have a recommended driver for using it. That isn't to say you won't be able to find one that works for it, but that isn't an officially supported controller for Mac.

I'm probably being really stupid not being able to figure it out but is there a way to auto-set the cursor on the xbox one controller?
Is there a way to get it like the 360 controls where you just click it once to switch between them? I hate having to hold it down >.<

Controller support issues:

-You can define controls separately for gameplay and menus, which is great, except the menu button descriptions are all just the same descriptions as the gameplay ones ("Use Item", "Interact", etc) so you can't tell what you're mapping to what function. I had to just map every single button to something then see what that button ended up doing to set them up.
-The 'reset to default' button when mapping gamepad appears to do nothing at all.
-Unfortunately this is very inconsistant, but sometimes when I open the menu it just continues doing the gameplay functions and doesn't let me interact with the menu. I can close and open the menu multiple times and will just keep attacking instead of moving items around. Walking around for a second seems to return it to normal. It most often seems to happen after I've been messing with the settings with the mouse, but it's happened before just while running around.
-The 'favorite' button doesn't seem to UNfavorite, so there's no way to remove favoriteing without grabbing a mouse.

In case it saves someone some hassle, here's what I've worked out about the menu button mappings and what they actually correspond to.

Use Item: Take, build 1 when crafting
Interact: Take 1 (pull 1 from stack), build multiple when crafting
Auto Select: Trash
Smart Cursor: Favorite
Quick Mount: Build/Action (place it in the world, consume items if you try to place them, i.e. put it in your hand)
Grapple: Quick Craft when crafting

-Incidentally, the "Action" button when using a gamepad should probably just consume potions etc immediately rather than making you try to place them. The way it is now makes sense with the mouse, but doesn't really make sense with a controller.

-I don't know if anyone else would want this, but I'd love the ability to swap the functions of the left and right thumbsticks.

Last edited:
I'm probably being really stupid not being able to figure it out but is there a way to auto-set the cursor on the xbox one controller?
Is there a way to get it like the 360 controls where you just click it once to switch between them? I hate having to hold it down >.<

When you say auto-set, do you mean changing between Smart Cursor and Manual Cursor? Yes, there is a button for that!

Just change this setting to Toggle, instead of Hold.

upload_2016-5-22_13-47-2.png

The Portal gun station has three different options, while they all give the same image tooltip (showing a smaller image)

I would like it like it happened with the dresser, that you can see a different tooltip depending on position of the station.
And I noticed that you can only change position with wires, but I need to test more to be sure.

Not a bug, just feedback. :)

Minor bug: When in a slime rain on one world, leaving the world then changing to a different one carries the slime rain for a second to a minute.

The following Statue Spawned enemies are not dropping anything:
  • Harpy
  • Undead Viking
  • Drippler
  • Blood Zombie
Methodology of testing:

Capture 2016-05-22 14_32_08.png

Tested for 10 minutes each (that might seem low, but accounts for hundreds, if not thousands of kills of each mob type)

Have not tested Medusa Statue thoroughly enough to be conclusive, but signs are pointing to it being bugged as well

The following Statue Spawned enemies are not dropping anything:
  • Harpy
  • Undead Viking
  • Drippler
  • Blood Zombie
Methodology of testing:

View attachment 112179

Tested for 10 minutes each (that might seem low, but accounts for hundreds, if not thousands of kills of each mob type)

Have not tested Medusa Statue thoroughly enough to be conclusive, but signs are pointing to it being bugged as well

I just personally tested that the Harpy and Blood Zombie statues work (the other three, albeit untested, I suspect function fine as well).

The monsters these statues create have a significantly lower drop rate AND require that you deal damage to them directly for them to give drops. Thus a trap-only grinder will not output drops from many of them.

However, I've gotten several feathers and a shark tooth necklace within only two minutes, so I know that they function. Perhaps not as some might have expected them too, however. ;)

When you have a controller and you're using smart cursor it doesn't automatically aim at gem locks like it aims at doors. You have to move the cursor to the lock

I Was trying to make a automatic airlock system and I noticed that inlet pumps and outlet pumps do not work. I was trying different ways of turning it on but it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom