1.3.1 Feedback and Bugs Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you nerf bees spawned from hive traps? They are the most annoying enemy from the jungle, as they are small (so you can't see them), fast and they deal a lot of damage on expert hardmode.
I mean, 108 damage? From that little critter? Are you kidding me?

Hey @Crius, that's a great post because you have all the details we normally ask for. But can you do me a favor and report that as a new thread here in Tech Support?

Will be easier to discuss internally and we can respond to you more easily there. :)

Absolutely, thank you. I've had never the need to post here because everything was smooth and awesome so I'm fairly new of the forum and where to post :)
Going to!

Good to have a Windows 7 where this game runs better than on XP. But... This happened after my nephew installed a video card (nVidia GT 440):

B95BB49BF8830AB1A025A34052E544310B068933

You guys saw this before. Is there a way to correct this, @Leinfors, or you guys didn't find the cause of this bug yet?

Well, if I can help, I can say that it was running normally before my nephew installed the video card driver, it was an onboard nVidia GrForce 6150SE nForce 430. The video card is another nVidia, a GT 440, as noted on the image post.

Well, if I can help, I can say that it was running normally before my nephew installed the video card driver, it was an onboard nVidia GrForce 6150SE nForce 430. The video card is another nVidia, a GT 440, as noted on the image post.
Did your nephew try downloading the latest Nvidia driver for each board? The latest graphics driver for the onboard graphics is the GeForce 309.08 Driver which was released Feb 24, 2015. The latest driver for the Geforce GT 440 is the Geforce 368.39 driver that was released June 7, 2016. Also as a quick Note, He may need to disable the onboard video for things to work all the way.

To be honest I'm not happy with the game currently. I am trying to get a queen spider staff on Xbox 360 but I have yet to get a single spider fang from the black recluses. Does anyone know why that is?

To be honest I'm not happy with the game currently. I am trying to get a queen spider staff on Xbox 360 but I have yet to get a single spider fang from the black recluses. Does anyone know why that is?
This is off from the main point of this thread. But I will answer your question:

Spider Fangs are not in the game as of yet, but there is an update in the works right now with it. Microsoft has to approve of the patch, and it will be updated accordingly.

Please use the correct threads next time though, please :).

Buggy Hellstone.jpg

So, I may have found a bug with Hellstone and it's burn effect.

With no protection from the burning debuff (i.e. no Obsidian Skull, Obsidian Skin Potion, or similar), it appears that when you hammer hellstone to a slope (or it naturally generates sloped), the only place the burn effect will take place is when standing on top the block in specific places, or when inside the block's hitbox (on the inside of the slope). There are some other situations where the burn effect does not take place, but I will illustrate with pictures, using a target dummy to illustrate the position used:

Buggy Hellstone - Grapple to the bottom.jpg

Grapple to the bottom of a slope. Jumping into the bottom of the slope allows the burn effect to occur, however.

Buggy Hellstone - Grapple to the side.jpg

Grapple to the side of a slope, both sides do not give the burn effect. Will sometimes give the burn effect for a second or two initially, before stopping.

Buggy Hellstone - Standing on the edge.jpg

Standing on the side of the pointed edge. Can stand anywhere between falling off the block and the pixel outline of the shoe being exactly 2 pixels deep in the hellstone texture, exclusive.

Buggy Hellstone - Standing in the middle.jpg

Standing on the middle of the pointed edge. A little fickle, standing on either side of this spot will give the burning effect without stop, however, a certain spot will give the burn effect for a couple of seconds before stopping. Moving will give the burn effect.

When testing upside down slopes, the above results are mirrored, but upside down. At least one exception exists, though.
Buggy Hellstone - Standing on top (upside down).jpg

Standing on top (upside down slope). No burn effect at any point, even when moving.

I have tested many angles, with and without grapple. The above observations appear to hold.

I have not tested Hellstone Brick or Meteorite as of yet.

That said, an un-hammered or flattened hellstone block appears to work as intended (burn affect when directly next to or inside the block on all sides).

Hello, just wanted to point out an unimportant but long-lived issue:
Breaking down crimson grass walls (and maybe crimson flower/jungle walls as well, haven't tested those) plays the solid wall break SFX instead of the grass wall's.

This is because critter statues are set to make such spawns unable to be captured. @Leinfors already explained that making those critters capturable would completely rip apart the game's meta economic system.
I'm late with the reply,

I knew that every critter cannot be catched when statue-spawned, but I meant that the duck CAN be catched when it's flying around.

I'm late with the reply,
I knew that every critter cannot be catched when statue-spawned, but I meant that the duck CAN be catched when it's flying around.
Ah, probably the same thing that happens with goldfish while raining breaking the spawn cap due to switching IDs when walking and not being recognized as a statue spawn anymore.
I guess once the duck takes flight, its ID changes and it turns into a normal, catchable duck.

Not sure if it's already a known bug.

I use PS4 controller via SCP Driver package: http://emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/SCP_Driver_Package
Got this message when "clicking" crafting on the Guide after I just entered the game.

Similar to mipi5 in the first page.

---------------------------
Terraria: Error
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)

at Terraria.Initializers.UILinksInitializer.<>c__DisplayClassef.<Load>b__3a()

at Terraria.UI.Gamepad.UILinkPage.Update()

at Terraria.UI.Gamepad.UILinkPointNavigator.Update()

at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)

at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)
OK

Got this when in my server and chose "Crafting" when talking to the Guide using a xbox360 controller.
I wave win7 64bit

22/05/2016 11:27:33
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: La clave proporcionada no se encontró en el diccionario.
en System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
en Terraria.Initializers.UILinksInitializer.<>c__DisplayClassef.<Load>b__3a()
en Terraria.UI.Gamepad.UILinkPage.Update()
en Terraria.UI.Gamepad.UILinkPointNavigator.Update()
en Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
en System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
en System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
en System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
en System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
en System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
en Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
en Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

Hi,

I met similar problem on my side. I use DS4 controller with SCP server on Win8.1.

Did you solve this problem? How did it do that?

2 Glitches:
1. If you grapple to a wall and fire the Staff of Earth (drop from Golem), or if you stand right next to the wall, the staff of Earth will shoot through it. Even if you shoot it from a few blocks away, it will bounce off the wall as normal. I don't feel that this is game-breaking in the slightest, but it definitely has some potential for cheesing events. Sorry, but I can't provide a picture, can't provide a video either as OBS doesn't work on my laptop :eek:
2. If you make the structure in the picture below, you can literally walk right through it as if it wasn't even there. I tried it with Gold Brick, Wood, and Dirt, all the same results.
Capture 2016-07-08 16_51_53.png

Hope that this helps, sorry I can't provide videos or GIFs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom