1.3.1 Feedback and Bugs Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Performance was reduced by a lot with the new update (for me at least).
With Frame Skip ON my FPS drop to around 42~45 (this was the case with 1.3.0.8 too), game plays in slow motion.
With Frame Skip OFF:
1.3.0.8, FPSs locked at 120, which gave me a smooth gameplay.
1.3.1 FPSs locks at 62, this makes the game jump from normal speed to super fast speed, and mobs teleport around the screen.

Notes:
- Running on a high-end PC.
- I have a backup of 1.3.0.8, which I used to run tModLoader, and that version still runs really smooth.
- I've tried to reinstall the game and clean settings, but it doesn't seem to fix it.

Screenshots of MSI Afterburner for hardware usage (running Terraria only) inside spoiler;
System specs. and DxDiag in text files if you guys want to know.

EDIT:
Well, it seems that locking my VSync in Nvidia Control Panel to "Adaptive (Half Refresh Rate)" seems to fix the problem. Might be related to my 120hz monitor and actual hardware specs.
Frame Skip must be OFF tho.. ON still locks me at 40ish FPS.
Might be something worth the check anyway, idk.

Cheers ;),
Tiago.

Attachments

• System.txt
    522 bytes · Views: 164
  • DxDiag.txt
    83.5 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
When you have a controller and you're using smart cursor it doesn't automatically aim at gem locks like it aims at doors. You have to move the cursor to the lock

That's working as intended. :) The same also applies to Weapon Racks and Item Frames.

I Was trying to make a automatic airlock system and I noticed that inlet pumps and outlet pumps do not work. I was trying different ways of turning it on but it didn't work.

Could you provide a picture of your setup, with the wiring? I just tested it myself and they seem to be working fine.

Using items is no longer possible while the the chat box (or message input box or whatever) is active. That means it's impossible to defend yourself from attacking monsters while typing a message and is a pretty huge problem for anyone actually using the chat. I assume this is a bug rather than an intended change, right?

Loaded up a new map with new character. Game runs at 30fps and looks like slow mo. Save and exited and re opened. Frame rate goes up a bit. Save and exit again and re open world. Runs fine.

Also happened while gaming as well. Went down into the living wood tree and went underground to loot chest. Looted it when down to the bottom and as was coming back up it went slow mo again.

Also using a controller while gaming as well

As well as just loading up a world. Then buying wire, red wrench, wire cutter, actuators and a switch. Bought also 2 teleporters and exiting and loading up another world. Mid loading it crashed. Attached picture of error.
Terraria error.png

Using items is no longer possible while the the chat box (or message input box or whatever) is active. That means it's impossible to defend yourself from attacking monsters while typing a message and is a pretty huge problem for anyone actually using the chat. I assume this is a bug rather than an intended change, right?

Looking into this now @Jashu :)

So, I fired up the game to see what was in the new patch, and when I select Single Player the Select Player window comes up, and it's empty.

Did they game change where it saves characters and worlds or something? I found my previous character file in the Terraria folder of my Documents folder, but the game doesn't see it.

Controller issue:

It seems like I can't get Favorite, Trash, Build, Check Housing, Show Flags, Quick Craft, Hide Visuals, or Unequip (basically all buttons besides cycling through the menus, take, and take 1, and anything that uses those same buttons) to work consistently no matter what I map them to. It can take up to a couple dozen mashings of the button for it to actually work.

I'm using an xbox controller (technically a PS3 with scpserver) on Windows 10, using custom button mapping. I don't know what else might matter.

Edit to complete the list of broken functions.
Edit again to add a couple more.

Last edited:
Hi, first of all, let me thank the wonderful devs for adding controller support. In the hour or so I've used it, I've been blown away by how awesome it is. Only played on consoles b/c of this very reason. Been dying to play 1.3 forever. :)

I've had 3 issues, hopefully I'm just missing something, but I'm not sure.

First is when I hotkey items to the directional pad. If I hit the same Dpad hotkey twice, the first time it correctly switches to the item, but if I hit it again, it moves to the Number 7 hotbar slot. If I hit the same button repeatedly, it will keep toggling between the correct item, and the Number 7 hotbar slot.

The second issue is the auto target or smart target? feature will not target small items on the ground, like the tiny rocks. I made sure nothing else was nearby so it wasn't trying to target something else instead.

The third issue is when I change the button layout to Playstation, the buttons onscreen do not change from the Xbox default buttons. The yellow Y button is shown onscreen etc.
They all work fine, just a visual issue I suppose.

I'm on Windows 10, using PS4 controller connected through a usb cable.
I'm using DS4Windows program to get the controller to work. All settings are default except I set the one setting to be Playstation.
I realize you probably don't officially support DS4 controllers but since many seem to want to use it, I thought I would let you know.

Again TY VERY MUCH for this update. Absolutely loving the pc version and I've put hundreds of hours into the PS3/PS4 and Vita versions and hope to do the same with PC version.
Apologies for such a large post.

I forgot to mention an odd crash. When creating a new world using controller, the controller buttons remain onscreen, if you hit the R2 button (DS4) it tries to reload the world gen bar? then it crashes.

Controller issue:

It seems like I can't get the "Trash" or "Build/Action" buttons to work consistently no matter what I map them to. It can take up to a couple dozen mashings of the button for it to actually work. This happens in the other parts of the menu too; I couldn't get it to show housing flags at all.

I'm using an xbox controller (technically a PS3 with scpserver) on Windows 10. I don't know what else might matter.

This is the same for me too >.<

This is the same for me too >.<

@Chubekka, what controller are you using?

@Smelltastic and Chubekka, I'm not having any issue like this at all. Have you tried a different controller?

What operating system's are you using?

For some reason, my water physics broke:

We are looking into this issue. :)

So, I fired up the game to see what was in the new patch, and when I select Single Player the Select Player window comes up, and it's empty.

Did they game change where it saves characters and worlds or something? I found my previous character file in the Terraria folder of my Documents folder, but the game doesn't see it.

As far as I'm aware, the directory hasn't changed at all. The game should be recognizing your worlds and characters. Can you make a report in the Bug Report section about this?

Re: Controller buttons problem

On a hunch I tried turning Frameskip off and then the buttons started working properly. Unfortunately it also makes the game unplayable sluggish on the PC I'm on.

Chubekka, here's what I've worked out about what maps to what. To define quick trash, set that button to "Auto Select" when mapping the menu buttons.

Use Item: Take, build 1 when crafting
Interact: Take 1 (pull 1 from stack), build multiple when crafting
Auto Select: Trash
Smart Cursor: Favorite
Quick Mount: Build/Action (place it in the world, consume items if you try to place them, i.e. put it in your hand)
Grapple: Quick Craft when crafting

upload_2016-5-22_12-55-29.png

Crash when trying to go from windowed 1920x1080 to fullscreen 1920x1080 (happened both on a server and in the main menu; pictured stack trace is from the main menu crash).

Windows 10 x64
Intel Core i7-4700HQ @ 2.4 GHz
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M (and Intel HD Graphics 4600)

This is actually something that can be done with other hooks, and has been for a while. The Static Hook just behaves a bit differently, due to its unique mechanics. Not sure what can be done about it, but I'll note it!

The bug is that when I already have at last 2 hook from other multi-hooks and I shoot the second time with the Static Hook, the first one won't disappear, compared to other single hooks. And after the second I cannot fire again with the Static Hook.
When I shoot with the Static Hook the second time, the first used hook disappears, not the first static hook.
So if I do it right, I have two Static Hook connection and I can move freely in 2D, better than the Anti-Gravity Hook.
Not really an exploit, because the Static Hook makes you able to move freely anyway, just some minor bug, probably fixed with making sure the first Static Hook disappears when you shoot the second.
Probably caused because Static Hook normally wont disappear until your second hook makes a connection.
Here are some pictures to demonstrate: https://imgur.com/a/NXnhz

Should I provide more information for the first problem too?

Re: Controller buttons problem

On a hunch I tried turning Frameskip off and then the buttons started working properly. Unfortunately it also makes the game unplayable sluggish on the PC I'm on.

Chubekka, here's what I've worked out about what maps to what. To define quick trash, set that button to "Auto Select" when mapping the menu buttons.

Use Item: Take, build 1 when crafting
Interact: Take 1 (pull 1 from stack), build multiple when crafting
Auto Select: Trash
Smart Cursor: Favorite
Quick Mount: Build/Action (place it in the world, consume items if you try to place them, i.e. put it in your hand)
Grapple: Quick Craft when crafting

You are an absolute gem! Although I do have another (possibly dumb) question. How do you place stuff while in inventory? Once I pick up a placeable item, how do I move it out of my inventory like you can with kb/m? Or am I just really stupid? >.<

(I've made sure auto-pause is off too, I wondered if that was the problem but it's still the same)

Edit: Never mind. I'm so stupid. Bound "use item" and "quick mount" to same button.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom