1.3.1 Feedback and Bugs Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
The monsters these statues create have a significantly lower drop rate AND require that you deal damage to them directly for them to give drops. Thus a trap-only grinder will not output drops from many of them.

Well, if your going to change them to work differently than every other statue in the game, you might wanna make not of it somewhere. Otherwise people might think its a bug.

Okay this seems to be a reoccurring bug for me:
Whenever I switch to another window on my computer and Terraria is still open (not minimized), when I switch back to the Terraria window, I cant use any swords/tools, or click anywhere on the screen to do anything. This continues until I either press the inventory button or move my character in any way, and after I do that, all is back to normal.

Edit: It works the same way in the menus before the game actually opens the world too. Also for some reason, when I'm unable to click in the menus after switching back to the Terraria window, when I press "E" (my button set to inventory), it acts like a "back" button, and brings me to the menu before the one I was on.
It seems as if my second experience with the inventory acting as a back button was intended in the update, since Escape is the original inventory button. On the "Characters" menu, when i pressed the moving around buttons (wasd), it moved the cursor through my character selection screen, as if it were acting as the cursor. One thing I did find when I discovered this, though, was that you can't go down through the characters using the S key past how far is originally shows with out using the scroll wheel on the mouse. there is no way to scroll through the entirety of the list if resolution is not large enough.

Last edited:
bunny texture partially drawing un-shaded on slope blocks + water!

bunny texture.png

bug
During start-up, it can not be determined in a click
I don't quite understand, can you explain? I've been playing a bit this morning and haven't found any startup bugs
Probably same here.
Whenever I launched Terraria, I can move arrow cursor by mouse, but cannot select any menu item (from "Single Player" to "Exit") by clicking left mouse button.
But once after I hit any key (e.g. Esc, Shift, Ctrl, Space or else) on keyboard, I will be able to select menu by clicking left mouse button normally.

Terraria 1.3.1 on Windows 7 (64-bit)
Any game controller isn't connected, and all keybindings are set to default.
I'm using USB optical mouse (tried 2 types).

EDIT:
If I connect game controller and change the keybinding of keyboard or controller, same problem will occur (mouse clicking and controller won't work).
In this case, current my workaround is:
  1. Press Win+D to switch to desktop (when fullscreen) or click outside of window (lose focus from Terraria)
  2. Switch back to Terraria
  3. Press any button on controller
  4. Press any key on keyboard
...then mouse clicking will work again.
I've no idea why these strange phenomena happen (and recover)...

EDIT 2:
Fixed by v1.3.1.1 (June 1, 2016)
(except keybindings for keyboard)

Last edited:
The Steam Controller doesn't really work well with the inventory. When i'm binding items to the d-pad or trashing an item, etc. it takes a few clicks for it to actually work, making inventory management very tideous. I'm using windows 10 btw.

I've tried attacking target dummies with any weapon I got, but nothing happened. they're now as much of a background object as anything else.

Item & Colour chat tags are not considered in chat message display length

For example, normal length is something like 60 characters before text starts to go onto the next line, but when using item tags ( [i/p81:3525] [i/s999:74] ) which should take up 1 character count as taking up a minimum of 4 extra characters ( usually a lot more if it is a stack, or has a prefix, or is an item in the 10s, 100s, 1000s)

The result is messy chat for multiplayer. It can be annoying to miss messages from others because of this king of thing pushing other messges up out of view.
ZT25N5G.png

The same goes for the rainbow chat colour tags [c/ffffff:text]

Using an XOR logic gate and an announcement box, if you toggle the gate, so that one is off but one is on, it works like expected. However, if you toggle it back on, the effect happens once again, some images:

upload_2016-5-22_17-41-28.png

upload_2016-5-22_17-42-12.png

upload_2016-5-22_17-43-24.png

Please tell me if any more details are required.

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-22_17-41-52.png
    upload_2016-5-22_17-41-52.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 175
Hi guys, i have this problem explained here: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/crash-before-main-menu.43754/#post-981800 that i really dont know how to fix. Something about XINPUT that i dont even know what is it and about controller. As i already said in the previous post, i dont have any controller plugged in or any "virtual controlloer" and i have never plugged in anything cause i always played with a keyboard. Hope someone have a solution for this :(

It appears on conveyor belts that you have 0 speed, no matter what.

Sorry for the lag in the gif, too many contraptions going on XD

Animation.gif

The following Statue Spawned enemies are not dropping anything:
  • Harpy
  • Undead Viking
  • Drippler
  • Blood Zombie
Methodology of testing:

View attachment 112179

Tested for 10 minutes each (that might seem low, but accounts for hundreds, if not thousands of kills of each mob type)

Have not tested Medusa Statue thoroughly enough to be conclusive, but signs are pointing to it being bugged as well
I have tested the Medusa Statue and it does drop its head but only on hardmode I am assuming this is a feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom