1.3.1 Feedback and Bugs Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems like a good place to mention something incredibly minor that just bugs me...

Liquid sensors (and maybe day/night/player sensors? I forget) use the term "deactives", which I'm not convinced is a real word. Logic gates on the other hand use the more conventional "deactivates" in an equivalent sentence. That seems better.

There is an issue with trying to open the flying piggy bank while using the gravitation potion and being upside down, in the first photo the two torches to either side of me are where you can open the flying piggy bank, everywhere else you have to hover over the area opposite it, example: if you use the trough for the flying piggy bank and it is above your head (second picture) the spot with the dirt block is where you hover to open it.

Attachments

• Capture 2016-05-27 19_55_28.png
    Capture 2016-05-27 19_55_28.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 181
  • Capture 2016-05-27 20_04_46.png
    Capture 2016-05-27 20_04_46.png
    48 KB · Views: 192
aa

i am not using pots, just trying to pick them up off their respective block, can pick up by swinging my sword but not with the SoR, so far the only ones that i have been able to get seeds with the SoR was the Moonglow in the forest and blink root, the others that i have posted locations of do not with the SoR but do with other things. maybe it could be that the server is messing up and preventing it and will try a reset and post results.

restarted the server and it is still doing it, just destroys the plant without anything dropping.

Just reporting this in case it hasn't been yet; if you leave the world while standing on a weighted pressure plate, it will still be activated upon returning to the world, making that plate act opposite to how it should.

I've found a minor "typo". When changing mechanical display state, the "forced" word has an extra space before it.

Attachments

• Terraria 1.3.1 Mechanical Display typo.png
    Terraria 1.3.1 Mechanical Display typo.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 158
About the controller support:
I feel the grid cursor is a bit too sensetive.
The quick craft on the 100 copper coins act weird. It doesn't converts the silver coins into copper coins, it just stacks up the money count displayed as text above my head and doesn't actually do anything.
I was wondering how to unbound mapped buttons from the controller.
If you map the radial hotbar and the radial quickbar it displayes both of them when holding the button.
Browsing in the inventory feels a bit slow with the left thumb stick and scrolling through the menus feels confusing.
You can't really access the settings menu too without getting back on mouse.
Using the housing function with the controller support should also provide the possibility to remove a set NPC flag and set one, rather than just checking it's status. Thats my suggestion.

Thats all what I noticed when playing with the controller support. I hope that I might help improving a thing or two.

Last edited:
How do you craft a grasshopper statue? Or can you? Every other new critter statue introduced you can craft with 10 critters and 50 stone blocks except the grasshopper one. I havent found any of the new critter statues yet by exploring so im wondering if the grasshopper statue is unobtainable? Sorry if this has come up already and if so maybe i can get a link to the thread

The patch broke Steampunk lanterns. Even being off, they emit the same amount of light (my girlfriend says it's slightly lower) than if they were on.

Attachments

• 20160528171127_1.jpg
    20160528171127_1.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 196
A little bit of feedback:

Loving the new binding options, however I was wondering if it would be possible to have alternate keybinding options (e.g. bind 0 + a side mouse button to do the same thing) in the future? :)

It's a good thing to see so many monster statues, great for new adventures.
But I also noticed that the Hornet statue, a non-functional monster statue, is left unchanged.
If you allow to have Hoplites, Unicorns and even Pigrons to spawn, then it would also be a nice addition if hornets can spawn as well.

Else it just looks a little confusing to me.

It's a good thing to see so many monster statues, great for new adventures.
But I also noticed that the Hornet statue, a non-functional monster statue, is left unchanged.
If you allow to have Hoplites, Unicorns and even Pigrons to spawn, then it would also be a nice addition if hornets can spawn as well.

Else it just looks a little confusing to me.

I concur. This should also apply to the Goblin (Goblin Scout), Eyeball (Demon Eye), Corrupt (Devourer), Imp (Fire Imp) and Lihzahrd statues.

I have a bug. When trying to open my piggy bank (Via Money Trough) near another chest, the other chest opens without an animation, assuming the Piggy Bank acted like said chest, despite me clicking the Pig and hearing the "Oink" that it makes.
Windows 10 (x64), Terraria v1.3.1

I have a bug. When trying to open my piggy bank (Via Money Trough) near another chest, the other chest opens without an animation, assuming the Piggy Bank acted like said chest, despite me clicking the Pig and hearing the "Oink" that it makes.
Windows 10 (x64), Terraria v1.3.1

I guess this one was present even before 1.3.1.

Hm. That's annoying. I'm unsure if this is specific to 1.3.1, but it seems my Chlorophyte Armor's Crystal-Turret aimed at the Cultist's Sigil, which is not an enemy, as I was passing by to get into the Dungeon. It hit the cultists a few times, and now the archers are pissed at me, seemingly permanently. The boss music keeps happening whenever I get within around 400 blocks of them at any direction, and they will track me and try to follow me from quite a distance. I even died deep in the dungeon, and when I respawned at the center of the world and trecked back, they were still angry and the boss music was still playing.
Am I going to have to kill them and die to the Lunatic Cultist to get them to stop? Pretty sure they should have calmed down after I got too far away, or after I died, but they didn't. The Chloro Armor shouldn't even be targeting the Sigil anyway - it isn't an enemy, much less something that can be damaged.

This may have been already mentioned but I will still make sure. I have found that with auto pause on that when I try to rename my chests that when I backspace It deletes reaally slow and as far as Naming it it Does not do anything when I type. But When I take auto pause off it works just fine in both aspects

Alright, I'd like to give some feedback, and I know that when I get cheesed off I can get... somewhat colourful, blunt and forceful. I'll try to avoid that, since I feel strongly about this and I would prefer my feedback actually listened to and considered like an adult. lol. @Cenx @Leinfors @Yoraiz0r

Since you would like feedback here, I would like to say that all the changes to statues are not for the better. I would personally love to see a return to how they worked pre 1.3.

Statues have six input points, despite their graphic appearance.

You used to be able to activate a statue on all six points individually, but now they all share a cooldown (activating it on one point causes all six points to share the same cooldown.) I would love seeing that reverted to the way it was. If the change was because of heart statues, then make just the heart statue behave this way.

Since 1.3.1, you can no longer catch critters spawned by statues and the drop rates of other enemies are reduced by 25 times. I feel this is again an unnecessary change, given the low drop rates of some of the things already, such as the Blessed Apple.

This is the "huge wiring update" and then all the statues are neutered. There almost feels to be no point to them anymore, in which case why make them do anything? I can spawn worms but I can't catch them. Why? I don't understand."Abuse"? Of what? It's like it's been forgotten that this is not exactly a competitive game. What does it matter if I want to hook up a bunch of timers to a bomb statue and load up on them? I can still do that, it just takes six times as long due to the inputs all being the same.

Reverting the changes would prevent a lot of grinding (which this game already has plenty of).

Please at least consider it, and thank you.

-A

Rewind some pages back and you'll see your answer, directed by Leinfors at me, for your complaints at the new statues.

Well if they are intended "only as decoration" then why can they spawn anything? Just remove critter spawns entirely.

Alright, feedback again: Give us an options menu that lets us tailor how we want to play the game. Spikes damage reversion? Statue reversion? Let us choose, since we're playing the game with friends mostly anyway. Everyone can play it on their terms. There you go, a perfect idea for when you lay down your final update and are through for good.

@Cenx @Leinfors @Yoraiz0r

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom