1.3.1 Feedback and Bugs Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, feedback again: Give us an options menu that lets us tailor how we want to play the game. Spikes damage reversion? Statue reversion? Let us choose, since we're playing the game with friends mostly anyway. Everyone can play it on their terms. There you go, a perfect idea for when you lay down your final update and are through for good.

Spike damage reversion?

Mind clarifying?

If you spawn the money trough near a chest, and you right click it with the mouse pointer clearly above the pig, the chest opens anyway if control mode is on (which often for digging!).

This is very confusing, because one then thinks that the inventory that just opened is from the pig! I've multiple times then thought: "Where did all my money go??".

Please open the flying pig, and not a distant chest, if your mouse pointer is clearly above it when you click it.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Just today I noticed this... it's a little graphical bug with accessories that render on the character's wrist/hands. Made a little video showing it with a few examples and the like.

So, the exact issue is that even when not dyed the items take on the Void dye effect and color. This effect persists even when you dye them with other dyes, animated or no. Also, it ONLY affects accessories on the wrist/hand of the character. Which, in hindsight I should have shown in the video but trust me that it doesn't affect anything else other than accessories that render on the hand/wrist.

It would be very useful if the actuation rod or another new tool could toggle on/off placed torches and logic inputs. It is very painful to toggle them by connecting a wire and a switch inside an already complex circuit, and, there is no way to place an off torch or toggle them like you can with campfires.

Thanks!

The Staff of Regrowth is not picking up anything when I use it on Moonglow, Waterleaf and Fireblossom, I can use other tools to pick them up and will get a drop but the staff stopped working on those items. I have not tried it on the other plants yet.

There is an issue with trying to open the flying piggy bank while using the gravitation potion and being upside down, in the first photo the two torches to either side of me are where you can open the flying piggy bank, everywhere else you have to hover over the area opposite it, example: if you use the trough for the flying piggy bank and it is above your head (second picture) the spot with the dirt block is where you hover to open it.

@Garuwashi, I'm assuming this was on a MP server? Staff of Regrowth has issues with picking up herbs while in MP, its a known and long running issue. :)

The piggy bank issue is also known.

How do you craft a grasshopper statue? Or can you? Every other new critter statue introduced you can craft with 10 critters and 50 stone blocks except the grasshopper one. I havent found any of the new critter statues yet by exploring so im wondering if the grasshopper statue is unobtainable? Sorry if this has come up already and if so maybe i can get a link to the thread

Nice, good catch @Skyrimaniac!

The patch broke Steampunk lanterns. Even being off, they emit the same amount of light (my girlfriend says it's slightly lower) than if they were on.

@K.K, could you take a picture of the wiring that is used to activate/deactivate those lanterns? There is a known bug involving activating lanterns by the "wrong spot"; it could be the same thing, and I'd like to see the wiring to know if its a new bug or not. :)

It's a good thing to see so many monster statues, great for new adventures.
But I also noticed that the Hornet statue, a non-functional monster statue, is left unchanged.
If you allow to have Hoplites, Unicorns and even Pigrons to spawn, then it would also be a nice addition if hornets can spawn as well.

@ppowersteef, the old statues weren't changed because the focus was on adding the new ones for now; I know I specifically brought up the concept of converting old statues to the spawner system a few months ago (Hornet Statue being a perfect example, but also the Eater Statue, Goblin Statue, and several more exist). Something I'm definitely pushing to have happen, but no promises! ;)

Hm. That's annoying. I'm unsure if this is specific to 1.3.1, but it seems my Chlorophyte Armor's Crystal-Turret aimed at the Cultist's Sigil, which is not an enemy, as I was passing by to get into the Dungeon. It hit the cultists a few times, and now the archers are pissed at me, seemingly permanently.
Am I going to have to kill them and die to the Lunatic Cultist to get them to stop? Pretty sure they should have calmed down after I got too far away, or after I died, but they didn't. The Chloro Armor shouldn't even be targeting the Sigil anyway - it isn't an enemy, much less something that can be damaged.

Thanks for the report @Yvori; its likely you will have to kill them to get them to stop. This has likely been an issue for nearly a year now, but I believe yours is the first report of it I've seen . . . seems to be a very uncommon occurance. Even so, I've reported the issue!

There is an issue with the pirate minions, they keep getting stuck going after something and wont change target or fly to me when i go a long distance from them, they will just go after what they were till the creature despawns or dies, it is preventing them from attacking things that are near me or currently attacking me. maybe make it so they change to whatever target you are attacking?
[doublepost=1464547771,1464547723][/doublepost][doublepost=1464547723,1464547650][/doublepost]
@Garuwashi, I'm assuming this was on a MP server? Staff of Regrowth has issues with picking up herbs while in MP, its a known and long running issue. :)

The piggy bank issue is also known.

ok, did not know that was an issue before as i only recently started using it to harvest lol

There is an issue with the pirate minions, they keep getting stuck going after something and wont change target or fly to me when i go a long distance from them, they will just go after what they were till the creature despawns or dies, it is preventing them from attacking things that are near me or currently attacking me. maybe make it so they change to whatever target you are attacking?

Unfortunately, coding minions to attack targets you want them to attack is not something that has been added to any of their AI yet, and is a substantial challenge.

There were some AI issues with them before; if you can provide easily replicable and specific examples of how they behave incorrectly, please make a post in the Bug Report section so we can look into the issue further. :)

Thanks for the report @Yvori; its likely you will have to kill them to get them to stop. This has likely been an issue for nearly a year now, but I believe yours is the first report of it I've seen . . . seems to be a very uncommon occurance. Even so, I've reported the issue!
Eventually went ahead and killed them, died to the Lunatic Cultist (did put up a decent fight, of course, however) and have yet to see if they're still angry on respawn, but my metaphorical money's on "no."

when using a controller, the controller menu binds for favourite and transfer/sell/trash sometimes doesn't work when I press the button.

Attachments

• input profiles.json.txt
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,210
This is a bad change by itself.
The Medusa head is a somewhat useful weapon PRE-hardmode with a very low chance to drop
it's definitely not OP, but it's useful for some things. example : beating bosses that spawn a lot of stuff like Ctuluh brain ....
it's definitely not OP, since it also misses targeting monsters with small hitboxes close to the ground ...
it's definetely not OP, since it has almost zero knockback & a long charge time leaving you vulnerable to attacks.
it's still somewhat useful in expert mode PRE-hardmode
however it's completely outclassed by other weapons such as : The Bee's Knees

therefore limiting the medusa monster to only hardmode means you're just pushing a fun somewhat useful weapons into the useless range.
you need to either reevaluate its amount of damage to make it more hardmode sensible, or its mana consumption, droprate, charging time... There's much much better weapons in hardmode accessible early on & that won't need as much farming as acquiring a medusa head requires (unless you're lucky of course, as is always the case with random ...)

Also I think it's fine to die from medusa in pre-hardmode, hardmode is already hard enough, without having to introduce new players with yet another new death mechanic imho.

When placing the Mushroom Statue, it shifts up one pixel after it has been placed.
Pick up a Mushroom Statue, hover it in place and you see that the base of the statue is aligned with the ground in the same way every other statue in the game is, but after it has been placed it's one pixel higher than the rest of the statues.

I dunno how to explain it better than I've just done, hope it's clear. :)

The Medusa head is a somewhat useful weapon PRE-hardmode with a very low chance to drop

therefore limiting the medusa monster to only hardmode means you're just pushing a fun somewhat useful weapons into the useless range.
That's a good point, the head should be buffed significantly to make it relevant again as a hardmode only item.

it's definitely not OP, but it's useful for some things. example : beating bosses that spawn a lot of stuff like Ctuluh brain ....
it's definitely not OP, since it also misses targeting monsters with small hitboxes close to the ground ...
it's definetely not OP, since it has almost zero knockback & a long charge time leaving you vulnerable to attacks.
it's still somewhat useful in expert mode PRE-hardmode
however it's completely outclassed by other weapons such as : The Bee's Knees

you need to either reevaluate its amount of damage to make it more hardmode sensible, or its mana consumption, droprate, charging time... There's much much better weapons in hardmode accessible early on & that won't need as much farming as acquiring a medusa head requires (unless you're lucky of course, as is always the case with random ...)

Also I think it's fine to die from medusa in pre-hardmode, hardmode is already hard enough, without having to introduce new players with yet another new death mechanic imho.
That's a good point, the head should be buffed significantly to make it relevant again as a hardmode only item.

It's actually buffed in 1.3.1.

ok I started a new game in terraria so I can play the game using a controller which right now I'm using my ps3 controller but to get to the point I went to talk to the guide so I can craft and I got an error well a lot of errors and then my game crashed

Some feedback & suggestions for The Grand Design and Lihzahrd Brick Walls:

The fact that both the ruler effect, and that wiring becomes permanently visible when The Grand Design is in your inventory and not just the item currently in hand, feels incredibly annoying to me. I like to carry around something that can cut wires everywhere, so I can cut wires off of traps to save money for when I will certainly use wiring. The ruler perma-ON is annoying enough that I just left The Grand Design in a chest shortly after making and testing it, and never used it again, favoring the components needed to make it instead.

This item, as well as regular old wire cutters, make the Temple's traps worthless. There have been a number of ways to get around the temple door in the past, and I am no longer sure which ones work or not, but I do have a suggestion that may make the Temple finally work as (what I assume to be) intended: opening the door with the key, and enduring the traps (rather than de-wiring them), until you defeat the Golem, after which you can clear out the traps.

• For the ruler effect, I recommend making it a toggle, like how the cellphone & it's components' effects can. (time, rare creatures, position, etc.) There will be times when building that one would want the ruler to not be there as well.
  • For wire visibility, I would recommend making it visible only while it is currently in hand, like most(if not all) other wiring components. Permanently being on makes it so that you can just have it in your inventory and make all natural traps laid out in the world plain stand out to the point where you won't ever hit any.
  • If The Grand Design is meant to be an all-in-one tool of convenience for wiring setups, you may want to consider adding the Actuation Rod's effect (and crafting cost) to it somehow.
  • Make it so that you cannot place or remove any wiring over (natural, world generated) Temple Walls, or break Temple traps, until the Golem has been defeated.
    • If you can't place wiring, you can't teleporter/actuate past the locked door.
    • Not being able to remove wiring, or break traps forces one to leave the traps be the first time through.
    • Player-placed Temple Walls should be able to function normally so that map makers don't have to worry about wiring not working on them.

Last edited:
Oh.

Some feedback & suggestions for The Grand Design and Lihzahrd Brick Walls:
The fact that both the ruler effect, and that wiring becomes permanently visible when it is in your inventory and not just the item currently in hand, feels incredibly annoying to me.
You can toggle this with small icons on the left edge of the screen. You can also make each wire color more or less visible.

ITT people requesting features that already exist.

Oh.

You can toggle this with small icons on the left edge of the screen. You can also make each wire color more or less visible.

ITT people requesting features that already exist.
................Completely did not notice the icons on the far left, to the left of the inventory screen. There should be something to let you know that the toggle switches are over there, that is very, very easy to overlook in my opinion. The cellphone stuffs on the right stands out a huge amount, so there was no need to think about that.

Thanks for telling me. I do feel like a fool now for not having noticed before. My temple wall suggestion remains a good one though, I think.

• 1.3.1: Damage increased from 28 to 45. mana cost from 8 to 10, is now a hardmode item.
I took the liberty to add this change to the 1.3.1 changelog on the wiki, as somehow it was missing from it.
And meh I feel like it's not enough. I fail to see how a 45 dmg/s with 3s charge time is gonna change anything. didn't try it, might be alright against the destroyer now.
I still feel like the medusa head just got its usage broken.
I mean if you compare the damage relative to swords 28 damage was blade of grass level, which is quite high on the pre-hardmode list
45 is meh in comparison for hardmode level and since the mana consumption was also increased
the charge time should be lowered to 2s max imho for the same triple damage, it would make it much more potent & valuable
or else the damage changed to 56 would be much better
or else the drop rate should be increased to 5%, to make it more accessible (but at the same time it would be so much more lame)
the gatligator is a much better weapon & for mass damage you can get special ammo ...

I dunno, maybe what I'm suggesting is too much, but at the end of the day I can't help but feel like the medusa head I used to find awesome (but dangerous) pre-hardmode , is not anymore since it's not available pre-hardmode & is now weak for hardmode even with the buff.

Sounds like there are plenty of issues with the new release? Can we expect a 1.3.1.1 release in the near future? I was thinking of holding off starting playing the new version, if hotfix version is on it's way. Or is there such a version coming? I can play some other games in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom