1.3.1 Feedback and Bugs Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently Terraria wont start up through Steam (May 28)

I attempted to re-validating files (it said all files were valid). I looked this occurrence up and found nothing. So I backed up my files and re-installed Terraria, this seemed to not fix anything.

Whenever I attempted to start Terraria through steam it says running then after ~5 seconds it says syncing.

The only way I can up it is through Steam>steamapps>common>terraria.

I'm running Win 10 64 bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1.3.1.1 dedicated server files? I have users who have updated their clients and my server boots them. URL? Am I missing something?

Just had the strangest bug:
After the 1.3.1.1 update, I start up, and logic sensors were not triggering at all (for example, 'Player Above' did nothing when I entered/ exited its proxy range). I reloaded the world, still was broken.
But, when I rebooted the game some time later, the sensors were working again. I rebooted the game again to make sure, and they were still working... Um... phantom bug?\
Sensor Bug T1.jpg

This is the only pic I took when it was broken. Only thing to see is how the sensor did not change to a brighter color like it does when it is working.

After the 1.3.1.1 update, several of my worlds now fail to load. I'm not sure if there is a discernable pattern or not. One of the worlds I was using as a storage world, and is now inaccessible, which is rather frustrating. I get a "Load Failed" message.

After the 1.3.1.1 update, several of my worlds now fail to load. I'm not sure if there is a discernable pattern or not. One of the worlds I was using as a storage world, and is now inaccessible, which is rather frustrating. I get a "Load Failed" message.
If you are running a later windows os, you can try:
1- save a copy of the world(s) as is
2- right click the original and click 'properties' then 'previous versions'
3- restore the latest previous version
4- if it doesn't work, replace the original with the backup from step 1

This will only work if your world somehow became corrupted, which sounds like a possibility, a very slight possibility.

My only real notable issue with 1.3.1 is the fact that Teal Pressure Plates aren't entirely true to their description.

They don't detect terrain piercing projectiles, which while I can understand there might be complications behind detecting those kinds of projectiles (or that it'd be undesirable to detect them in most cases), it would be rather nice to have some way to detect them.

If you are running a later windows os, you can try:
1- save a copy of the world(s) as is
2- right click the original and click 'properties' then 'previous versions'
3- restore the latest previous version
4- if it doesn't work, replace the original with the backup from step 1

This will only work if your world somehow became corrupted, which sounds like a possibility, a very slight possibility.

Thanks :) I have that folder covered by Carbonite, so was able to go all the way back to the day the world was created. No dice. There is something inherent to the world that seems to be tripping up the latest version of terraria.

Interestingly I was able to recover my items from the world by opening it in TEdit and copy/pasting the area of interest and even the whole world in the case of another into a new world. TEdit happily loads the file -- That's the other thing. But replacing the contents of the world with the contents of one of the worlds that failed to load did not cause the new world to fail. So, I wonder if something is unique to those worlds (in their headers, or world info...) that causes the load to fail. I've attached the world file for one of the failed worlds ... maybe the devs can look at it and see what is unique about it?

Attachments

• World_4.wld
    2.8 MB · Views: 131
I haven't checked since 1.3, but since it wasn't directly mentioned I wanted to add it again. (It may have been keyboard input required to accept mouse input on menu)

My Razer Nostromo, when connected, made it impossible to select the menu options with the mouse. When I disconnected it, the game functioned normally. I know that it, at times, shows on the computer as being a 'controller' when it is not actually one.

Hi. Possibly major bug report here:
---What happened---
I was playing Terraria a few minutes ago when the game suddenly froze, the music (after a second or so) froze with a buzzing noise, and my whole computer froze. Alt + F4 didn't work, nor did Ctrl + Alt + Delete, nor did the power button (the computer did nothing when I pressed it once). I had to force shut down my computer.
When I turned it back on everything seemed to be going smoothly until I wanted to log on. Widows Hello (face recognition feature on my Surface Pro 4 for those who aren't familiar) turned on normally but when it saw me it simply said "we were not able to log you in". I switched to my pin code, typed it in and got this message:
"This device has been locked for safety reasons. Plug it into power for at least two hours before restarting and trying again". Nevertheless, I decided to give it one more go and typed in my password (before I was using my pin code). Thankfully it worked! I immediately went here to report this bug - hopefully you guys can figure out what happened.

---What I was doing before---
I wasn't doing anything unusual. I was playing on a new character in a new world (both created post 1.3.1 update) and was roaming the world. It's currently night, and there are a couple of zombies nearby. I was in the Jungle, near the Ocean, and I had just jumped up a small ledge of mud and jungle grass. I was also holding a bunch of torches (80 - 90). The game froze while I was in mid air.

---System Specs---
Computer Name: Surface Pro 4
Processor: Intel Core i5-6300U CPU @ 2.4GHz 2.50 GHz
Architecture: 64-bit OS with a x64 based processor
GPU: (Integrated) Intel HD Graphics
Resolution: (normally 2736 x 1824) Changed it to 1366 x 768 in-game

---More info---
The only other apps I had running were Sticky notes (1 on my desktop) and Razer Cortex (with it's boost feature enabled) and Razer Synapse, the drivers for my mouse. And Steam of course.

That's all the info I can think of right now - hope it helps!

I haven't checked since 1.3, but since it wasn't directly mentioned I wanted to add it again. (It may have been keyboard input required to accept mouse input on menu)

My Razer Nostromo, when connected, made it impossible to select the menu options with the mouse. When I disconnected it, the game functioned normally. I know that it, at times, shows on the computer as being a 'controller' when it is not actually one.
I have an old Belkin n52te, but seems not having issues. It's working as a common keyboard.
Originally, Nostromo (and n52te) only supports DirectInput, so Terraria shouldn't detect it as controller --- yep, something might be wrong.

Open Device Manager and disable "Virtual HID Device" (if exists) for trial.
If it won't work, try this workaround to hide controller from Terraria.

Last edited:
Interestingly I was able to recover my items from the world by opening it in TEdit and copy/pasting the area of interest and even the whole world in the case of another into a new world. TEdit happily loads the file -- That's the other thing. But replacing the contents of the world with the contents of one of the worlds that failed to load did not cause the new world to fail. So, I wonder if something is unique to those worlds (in their headers, or world info...) that causes the load to fail. I've attached the world file for one of the failed worlds ... maybe the devs can look at it and see what is unique about it?

TEdit + Hex editor to the rescue!

Found the problem and fixed it!

In TEdit I ran the analysis on 2 of the broken worlds and 1 working world. The one thing the broken worlds all had in common (I checked all of them) was a Dummy tile entity:

Dummy - ID: 0, Position: [4222, 506], NPC: -1

The issue being that the 4222 x coordinate is outside the bounds of the world. I'm guessing previous to the update, Terraria didn't care, but after the update, Terraria saw this as invalid. I don't know what the tile entity is for, or why it was in these worlds, but somehow it got there!

If someone does have a similar problem and goes in and hex edit's the file to fix it. Please back up the world before doing so ... :)

In TEdit I ran the analysis on 2 of the broken worlds and 1 working world. The one thing the broken worlds all had in common (I checked all of them) was a Dummy tile entity:

Though I've downloaded your world file and also used analysis by TEdit, I didn't notice that it's a culprit. Congrats, you saved (your) world! ;)

I have alredy replied that cannons don't shoot in multiplayer if wire them with trap/pressure plate system. Normal cannon and bunny cannon fixed, but portulgun station still doesn't work. Sad.

I have alredy replied that cannons don't shoot in multiplayer if wire them with trap/pressure plate system. Normal cannon and bunny cannon fixed, but portulgun station still doesn't work. Sad.

This is because the Portal Gun needs additional changes to resolve; unlike the cannons, which merely "fire a projectile", the Portal Guns need to be modified to handle resolving the generation of the right type of portals without a player to link them back to.

That's why the changelog said "cannons", and not portal stations. ;) Suffice to say, it hasn't been forgotten about.

This is a long known and recognized issue but I just want to state again for the record:
Sail wall and Iron fencing still do not count as valid wall for housing.

Sail and Iron.png

This is because the Portal Gun needs additional changes to resolve; unlike the cannons, which merely "fire a projectile", the Portal Guns need to be modified to handle resolving the generation of the right type of portals without a player to link them back to.

That's why the changelog said "cannons", and not portal stations. ;) Suffice to say, it hasn't been forgotten about.

Good :3 I'm making a custom map now, and what good map can miss portals? None! :D

TEdit + Hex editor to the rescue!

Found the problem and fixed it!

The issue being that the 4222 x coordinate is outside the bounds of the world. I'm guessing previous to the update, Terraria didn't care, but after the update, Terraria saw this as invalid. I don't know what the tile entity is for, or why it was in these worlds, but somehow it got there!

If someone does have a similar problem and goes in and hex edit's the file to fix it. Please back up the world before doing so ... :)

I have had the same problem with the Dummies. Surprisingly, it was when i was wandering between two worlds and Dummies locations from one (bigger one) were copied to the other world (smaller). This resulted in 2 Dummies being outside of the map area. Luckily i managed to clear this data and log into my world.

Hi! I found a bug. So I'm reporting it. I bought a few of those Pink Team Platforms from the Travelling Merchant and when You place a torch on them it seems to duplicate.

Im having this, everytime i open the game it doesn't run and this appears (The Net. Framework is upgraded), i tried everything, but still the same.
Help, i want to play :c
13254626_1215147825176263_7798228592353787223_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom