PC 1.3.1 : Mechanics and Controller Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be cool if pressure plates could be placed on walls, ceilings and backwalls.

Were there any other weapons changed?

The changelog didn't mention Medusa's or her head's increased stats but they were changed so are there any other weapons or NPCs changed?
[doublepost=1463985907,1463985439][/doublepost]So the Mechanic's Lense thing is an accessory that allows me to see wires even if I'm not holding any wiring items? And it doesn't even need to be in the accessory slot?

Wow, the comments sure stopped quickly

Last edited by a moderator:
Were there any other weapons changed?

The changelog didn't mention Medusa's or her head's increased stats but they were changed so are there any other weapons or NPCs changed?
[doublepost=1463985907,1463985439][/doublepost]So the Mechanic's Lense thing is an accessory that allows me to see wires even if I'm not holding any wiring items? And it doesn't even need to be in the accessory slot?
The Medusa's head got buffed, I'm not sure but the Medusa herself is probably got buffed too.

Damn, I kinda wish the Logic Sensor (Player Above) would act like an actuator... placed in it's own layer, hidden from view etc.... ah well, it's better than nothing I guess.

Still, please take this as a suggestion: all the logic gates and sensors should be on the same layer as wires/actuators. Also, Logic Gate Lamps should be place-able on every side of the gate, not just on top.

I just don't get why engineering components would act like furniture o_O

With creative use of paint, you can make them so difficult to see, that they might as well be invisible. Try that adventure map, you'll notice a lot of times you'll hear clicks and you'll be wondering where they're coming from. Either invisible sensors or invisible pressure plates.

Since the traps can now face in different directions, does the traps in the Temple use that feature?

Will there be crazy spears coming from the floor and spiky balls flying from walls in the Temple?

It's all good..every update I seem to make a few new enemies. Can't please everyone. ;)
Why did you guys make critter statues useless? You introduced many new critter statues, but they are pretty much useless. I love this update, but this is the only change that makes little sense. If it's because the sell prices or bait powers are OP, why not nerf them, instead of remove the function of getting critters more easily. This change at least needs to be touched on in the next hotfix. Never in the past 4500 hours I have played have I been so upset at a change in this amazing game. I love this game, and this franchise, but this change really disheartens me, and many others.

It's all good..every update I seem to make a few new enemies. Can't please everyone. ;)

Well, the exploit was kinda inconvenient because all of the NPCs were standing in the same spot, so interacting with a certain one was kinda hard. : p

Oh, and about the rapid fire gun sound; when I use Vortex Beater it's the only thing I can hear. I have music volume at 100% and rest of them at 75%. The sound still overpowers the music.

I recorded audio with my volume settings and you see a massive peak when I used Vortex Beater.
iEYgQ0r.png

The sound of the Stormbow shooting is about the same in volume, but it is less frequent so it doesn't seem so loud. I really hope this could be fixed :)

Last edited:
Impressions of the new items

The Grand Design:Wiring and Disconnection has become very easy to do
Belt conveyor:I think that it is interesting when combined with trap
Angler Tackle Bag:I've been waiting for this!

With the Medusa Head now being hardmode only (due to being a drop from a hardmode mob) Has the weapon been adjusted to fit its new tier? Otherwise it would be... less than usable...(particularly on expert mode)

Flower Boots aren't supposed to work what... That was their only use... This makes me sad as attempting to actually get a hotline fishing rod requires massive amounts of bait and extreme patience... The only alternative is ALT F4ing... or making it a guaranteed drop once the requirements are met... -_- Once I get that and the new 1.3.1 items I can finally finish my collection... excluding the seasonal Traveling merchant paintings of course... sigh... There should be a buy able bait of some kind even if it is a really terrible with bait power of 1 or 5... It just gets tedious to wait for rain/grass to grow naturally...

If I could get that fishing rod I could get the obsidian sword fish which would allow me to finally complete my weapon collection in Terraria...
I could not agree with you more. They could always make the statues spawn catchable critters again, but nerf the critters or the spawn rate of the statues. This change needs to be addressed in the next hotfix. Many people are upset with this new change.
[doublepost=1464011957,1464011554][/doublepost]
Now if only they would fix the natural firefly spawn rate, where 9 out of 10 days you can go an entire night and only see <10 fireflies (but yet you see dozens and dozens of birds even though birds IRL aren't nocturnal...). I was kinda excited about critter statues, but now they're rather useless since we can't catch the critters anyways. I was thinking "FINALLY! I don't have to wait 10+ game days derping around at my base hoping to get a dozen fireflies per night until I build up enough that will last me awhile"

... apparently not.
Many people are upset with this change
I don't think that removing this feature was the right way to challenge the critters spawners. They could have nerfed the critters in terms of sell value, bait power, spawn time, anything. Just let us get stuff from the statues, this feature has been in the game since 1.1 with the goldfish statue.

I'm glad the statue-spawned critters can't be sold anymore. Run-throughs of the game always had an early-game dilemma of 'do thing that seems like an exploit' or 'intentionally take a slower path for no reason.' The game's just more fun to play, in my opinion, when there's no one 'right path' that clearly blows the others out of the water.

The Grand Design is beautiful. I can't describe how excited I am about this thing. Inventory sorting is nice, too. And I like that the bug fixes are getting down to things that, in 2,600 hours of play, I've somehow never run into. Stamping out those last few errors and making an excellent game into a flawless one.

Curious how we're just evidently not gonna talk about 'fixed ranger lifesteal bug', though.

Noticed there is a "Loading Code" before start(I think it does not happen in 1.3.0.8 unless my memory is wrong), is this intended?
无标题.png
Its time is very short, but I am still curious about it.

This is awesome but when r u guys gonna do anything with PS VITA version? we are still sitting here without any updates for like ever: not even YoYo or Summoning pets ... c'mon. Can we can some loving too? Or you guys totally abandoned/discontinued console version of terraria? Smh

Not sure if a bug or a normal mechanic, (I'm putting here because I don't have enough info to put it in the bugs section)

But...I started a new world, popped on a vanity I liked, the steampunker goggles with it. I got the Companion Cube pet (I have a builder map because I like building. I just suck at it is all.~) and then went to play. I, every now and again, would randomly take 3 damage and I have no idea what was causing it. o_O No enemies near me, just wandering in the dark on the surface and suddenly, "boop" 3 damage gone. Anybody find anything similar or is it something I'm doing?

Since bait power has absolutely no bearing on the kid's quests (just a GFR alone should enable you to do quests quickly), anytime it rains or it is nighttime, hang around your base and catch all the worms and fireflies that spawn. It doesn't take too long at all to get 300+ bait, especially during rain. Use water candles near your base to make stuff spawn faster. I find that 300+ bait will last me... at least 50-80 quests. If not more.

That's not counting the fact that during Hardmode, the Angler NPC gives you ridiculous amounts of bait, AND you can open the crates for even more. Once you get to Hardmode, you should have essentially unlimited bait.
Well why shouldn't they just offer us more ways to get unlimited bait? Of course, they could increase the spawn time of critters to let's say 10 seconds. They could furthermore nerf the bait powers, and nerf their sell values. I mean, they re-introduced critter sell values in 1.3.0.1, so it appears to be intentional. I really think they should bring back the ability to catch critters from statues, it gives players more options, instead of more items to store inside chests.
[doublepost=1464016770,1464016416][/doublepost]
I'm glad the statue-spawned critters can't be sold anymore. Run-throughs of the game always had an early-game dilemma of 'do thing that seems like an exploit' or 'intentionally take a slower path for no reason.' The game's just more fun to play, in my opinion, when there's no one 'right path' that clearly blows the others out of the water.

The Grand Design is beautiful. I can't describe how excited I am about this thing. Inventory sorting is nice, too. And I like that the bug fixes are getting down to things that, in 2,600 hours of play, I've somehow never run into. Stamping out those last few errors and making an excellent game into a flawless one.

Curious how we're just evidently not gonna talk about 'fixed ranger lifesteal bug', though.
Really? You don't like getting easy money? I mean, there are still easy ways to make money, but still, there is no easy way to mass produce explosive bunnies, gold fish bowls, bowl of soup, and other useful items like decoration blocks. They should just let us have more options to get bait and money, instead of giving us statues that spawn background critters. How exciting. This is the wiring update after all, we should be able to use mechanisms such as statues to our advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom