PC 1.3.1 : Mechanics and Controller Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, has very little to do with that actually. It means that you can now play with controllers on PC;

Hi. Sorry but I didn't know where to write this, but I figured here you see this message quickly. Not related to the message above.

In the front page where you can see news, the page: http://terraria.org/news/terraria-1-3-1-mechanics-controller-support-is-here - has a reference to a dedicated server software. It still refers to file terraria-server-131.zip - URL is http://terraria.org/server/terraria-server-131.zip

I tried manually changing this address to http://terraria.org/server/terraria-server-1311.zip and hit enter - and indeed, my browser downloaded this newer file.

The same problem and solution is in this page: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/1-3-1-mechanics-and-controller-support.43643/

Also the titles to those links refer to 1.3.1 and not 1.3.1.1.

Hope this helps you guys!

Fantastic update for every player using some mechanisms.
I have one question that bothering me: are Fishing Poles Modifiers are going to be a thing in one of the upcoming patches? Just curious.

I hate to say it, but I absolutely detest your new controller support. I had my own way of using controllers before the 1.3.1 update (yeah, I use a controller to play Terraria, so what?), but now that 1.3.1 has released, it will not allow me to return to my native play-style. I seriously hope this is an oversight on your part, and you intend to restore others' play-styles with a simple "disable controller support" option in your game? If so, let me know ASAP. if not, let me know ASAP so I can start the tedious process of getting a Steam refund. I absolutely will not play this game with its new, native controller support, which I find clunky and inferior to what I was doing previously.

EDIT: I hate your support so much, I was forced to create a Forum account just to be able to express my opinion and finally get some needed answers from someone who might actually know something.

I hate to say it, but I absolutely detest your new controller support. I had my own way of using controllers before the 1.3.1 update (yeah, I use a controller to play Terraria, so what?), but now that 1.3.1 has released, it will not allow me to return to my native play-style. I seriously hope this is an oversight on your part, and you intend to restore others' play-styles with a simple "disable controller support" option in your game? If so, let me know ASAP. if not, let me know ASAP so I can start the tedious process of getting a Steam refund. I absolutely will not play this game with its new, native controller support, which I find clunky and inferior to what I was doing previously.

EDIT: I hate your support so much, I was forced to create a Forum account just to be able to express my opinion and finally get some needed answers from someone who might actually know something.
First off, that's just how forums work. Sorry to hear that you can't take one minute out of your day to make an account. Secondly, is this really so important that you feel that you need to refund the game? A lot of work went into making this game, and just because they add mainstream controller support that might keep you from using your personal button configuration doesn't render the game horrible enough to refund. Just play with a keyboard and mouse, trust me, it works quite well (better than even a controller). Or, you can simply either find a way (I'm sure there are ways) to roll your Terraria back to when it had no controller support. Or, you can just give the native software a try. Who knows, it might even be better if you give yourself time to adjust to the mainstream controls ;).

Just wanted to say how awesome the update is. Being able to jump from the controller to the keyboard without toggling any options is a masterstroke of brilliance. Great work Re-Logic.

you might wanna nerf the bees in hardmode (i'm on expert.). They do about 40 damage to me when i'm in turtle armor, and those small beehives have halted my progress because the bees are so damn strong.

Anyone have some of the old item sprites? I am curious about the changes and want to compare, but don't know where to look. These are all I found when I searched the forums:

Magic_Mirror.png
20160522181827%21Magic_Mirror.png

20160522164924%21Large_Gem.png
120px-Large_Gem.png

Amethyst.png
20160522221150%21Amethyst.png

20160523002533%21Sapphire.png
20160522221133%21Sapphire.png

Topaz.png
20160522221146%21Topaz.png

Emerald.png
20160522221141%21Emerald.png

Ruby.png
20160522221137%21Ruby.png

Diamond.png
20160522221153%21Diamond.png

Amber.png
20160522225417%21Amber.png

Because of the additions to the smart cursor AI, I feel the need to state that changing its settings is something that needs to exist. For example, I need to destroy all of the dirt clumps that are clogging up the jungle surfaces, preventing plantera bulb and strange plant spawns. If I could set smart cursor to 'prioritize dirt clumps', or perhaps even un-prioritize trees for my picksaw, that would be amazing.

Last edited:
Because of the additions to the smart cursor AI, I feel the need to state that changing its settings is something that needs to exist. For example, I need to destroy all of the dirt clumps that are clogging up the jungle surfaces, preventing plantera bulb and strange plant spawns. If I could set smart cursor to 'prioritize dirt clumps', or perhaps even un-prioritize trees for my picksaw, that would be amazing.
Hm. Right now the game does have some options for smart cursor but not all of them are available from the in-game menu, you can set smart cursor prioritize digging before woodcutting, though.
Smart pickaxe generally tries to mine towards your cursor so that your character would be able to reach the mouse, if you aim straight forward, run forward, and hold the picksaw you are usually guaranteed to be going endlessly until it reaches something it can't mine out. (leaving a smooth trail behind you for the purpose of plant / tree growth)

Also, blocks have two options for smart cursor, one recently added in 1.3.1 which fills out empty patches of blocks so they'd be smooth.
7EVxDUk.gif

Do I access these options from the main menu? I looked through the in-game menu options, and none of them changed the smart cursor settings aside from the toggle/hold one.

Do I access these options from the main menu? I looked through the in-game menu options, and none of them changed the smart cursor settings aside from the toggle/hold one.
Yup - Main menu -> settings -> cursor, you can also enable a semi transparent tile grid at main menu -> settings -> interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom