PC 1.3.1 : Mechanics and Controller Support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update awful. Where are the new bosses? Where new game events? Who needs mechanisms?
The terraria team has stopped ading anything past the moon lord and arepost focusing on current mechanics. U don't need to be rude tho. Wiring is fun and shouldn't be a side thing to do, it is very useful.

What a lovely change log... Nice to see mudstone getting more feasible name. :dryadgrin:
And building tools being activated in inventory...:dryadpassionate:

Thing I don't get is:
L-shape house exploit
NPC house exploit popular

Don't know what those are...:dryadconfused: Any links or hints as to what those were? Clueless on that since I just build things without concern of exploits... More curiosity than anything.

Overall I'd say it is quite a haul of nice well need things... Ah now the dream of making a mall with escalators has come true. :dryadtongue:

Going to have fun with those conveyors...:dryadgrin:

What a lovely change log... Nice to see mudstone getting more feasible name. :dryadgrin:
And building tools being activated in inventory...:dryadpassionate:

Thing I don't get is:
L-shape house exploit
NPC house exploit popular

Don't know what those are...:dryadconfused: Any links or hints as to what those were? Clueless on that since I just build things without concern of exploits... More curiosity than anything.

Overall I'd say it is quite a haul of nice well need things... Ah now the dream of making a mall with escalators has come true. :dryadtongue:

Going to have fun with those conveyors...:dryadgrin:

I think this one: www.youtube.com/watch?v=22wWrCtNn7w

The terraria team has stopped ading anything past the moon lord ....
This isn't necessarily true, at all.

1.3.1 focuses on adding mechanisms and controller support, and this was documented and discussed well ahead of time. Anyone who is surprised or dismayed about that clearly hasn't been keeping up with the news.

It's not that case that we've said nothing more would added in the future, however, including things that some people find lacking in this update. People should stay tuned :)

They are not too rare. Besides, once you get them, you just need to stand with a golden bug net, and get thousands of bait. I really don't see why this nerf was needed. They can tweak the bait percentages, and the sell prices. I just don't want to see this functionality disappear

@Techdude594, the Flower Boots and bait exploit is actually a bug, which should not be happening, at least not in its most efficient form (and one we've been aware of for some time). Thus the discrepancy is a lot smaller; statues are not supposed to be limitless sources of massive quantities of bait, and nor are the Flower Boots.

there should be a wrench that consumes 4 wires per use and plashes all 4 different colors of wire in the same spot it would make building things like multiple teleporters easier and building maps easier to it could be like combine all 4 wrenches

I did not know that it was a bug. Interesting. Well in that case, I think we have all been quite spoiled for some time. Maybe you could make the statues extremely rare, and NOT craft able? Or maybe tone down the spawn rate of the critters, to keep it in line with the flower boots if / when you do fix those. I'm just confused now.

The way the usable stuff are highlighted when you use a controller is super cool !
Is it possible to enable it even while playing with keyboard/mouse ?

I love the controller support, it is really well done!
About the conveyor belts... why don't they work on enemies or critters? They only work on NPCs, the Player and Items.... or am I missing something?
It is nice that we have these things but they are not that useful this way :(

there should be a wrench that consumes 4 wires per use and plashes all 4 different colors of wire in the same spot it would make building things like multiple teleporters easier and building maps easier to it could be like combine all 4 wrenches

I believe there is something for you in this update that should very much satisfy that wish. :)

Did the stats on the head get changed at all as her head is now a post hardmode item?

Yes; it costs slightly more mana and received a decent damage increase.

I love the controller support, it is really well done!
About the conveyor belts... why they don't work on enemies or critters? They only work on NPCs, the Player and Items.... or am I missing something?
It is nice that we have these things but they are not that useful this way :(

Unfortunately, managing the AI of all the different enemies in the game in regards to the conveyor belts would be a very difficult task, not to mention that these relatively cheap and fun blocks would be VERY, VERY easily exploitable and abusable against most regular monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom