PC 1.3.1 Release Date!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just before my birthday, thank you !!
Now all we need is split-screen support so my wife can play too on the big-screen.:joy:

Fun fact: my birthday is one day after Terraria 1.3.1 is released.
Can't wait for the update ")
I might get back into modding when something is updated for 1.3.1.

Sorry, I think you should read better before you reply.
I don't know what I misunderstood. You said you can't wait for split screen to be added but why would you want to use split screen? If you only have one computer or you are using a console it would be understandable but splitting the big picture in two would be the same thing as using two smaller screens.

But yeah, if you don't have two computers and only one screen I guess hoping the PC version gets split screen mode is understandable.

Sorry
[doublepost=1463769484,1463769405][/doublepost]
Fun fact: my birthday is one day after Terraria 1.3.1 is released.
Can't wait for the update ")
I might get back into modding when something is updated for 1.3.1.
I'll start learning modding again after the update aswell

(why is everyone's birthday around the update?)

I don't know what I misunderstood. You said you can't wait for split screen to be added but why would you want to use split screen? If you only have one computer or you are using a console it would be understandable but splitting the big picture in two would be the same thing as using two smaller screens.

I explained this a bit ago, but multiple computers isn't always an option, not only due to the technical barrier of setting up a LAN network (which isn't always the easiest for some individuals, particularly children who may not have access to their router), but can be a literal matter of space (it isn't always easy setting up multiple PCs together in the same room/cramped household), or even one of finances (owning an extra computer for every child/family member in question).

Many families are lucky to even own one computer, and being able to play between multiple siblings is an option that isn't available for them on PC at this time. So its certainly a relevant concern, though whether its on the horizon as a possible feature, I can't say with any certainty.

I explained this a bit ago, but multiple computers isn't always an option, not only due to the technical barrier of setting up a LAN network (which isn't always the easiest for some individuals, particularly children who may not have access to their router), but can be a literal matter of space (it isn't always easy setting up multiple PCs together in the same room/cramped household), or even one of finances (owning an extra computer for every child/family member in question).

Many families are lucky to even own one computer, and being able to play between multiple siblings is an option that isn't available for them on PC at this time. So its certainly a relevant concern, though whether its on the horizon as a possible feature, I can't say with any certainty.
Thank you for clarifying.

I think a console in the best option in that case.
If you don't want an expensive console that has mostly games that are already on PC, I'd recommend the Wii U, it will have its own version of Terraria soon. It supports both split screen and TV/Gamepad mode(one player uses the TV as the screen and uses a regular controller while the other uses the Wii U GamePad screen with buttons and a touch screen)

It also has many exclusives that are not seen in other consoles or PC.

It's also not very expensive.

The only thing is that it's not as powerful as other modern consoles, only slightly more powerful than the previous generation

Consoles are absolutely not wastes of money considering they are in fact cheaper than a PC and PC ports of console games run worse on PC a large margin of the time...
Split screen would be nice, although it would be a function used by such an extremely small amount of players that I'm not sure it would be time effective for the terraria team to make it.

Consoles are absolutely not wastes of money considering they are in fact cheaper than a PC and PC ports of console games run worse on PC a large margin of the time...
Split screen would be nice, although it would be a function used by such an extremely small amount of players that I'm not sure it would be time effective for the terraria team to make it.

Yeah but you can do so much more with a PC than you can with a console. xP

I'm not intending to start (or continue) a PC/console war here, but think it's sort of a myth that PCs cost more than consoles. High-end PCs do, obviously. And an outdated console (which will still run Terraria) is cheaper than just about any PC. But the price range overlaps significantly. If you can afford an xbox 1 or PS4, you can afford a PC. There are plenty of good reasons for choosing one or the other, but price isn't really one of them.

P.S. YAY! It's almost out. I've been looking forward to this for a long time.

Many families are lucky to even own one computer, and being able to play between multiple siblings is an option that isn't available for them on PC at this time.
Families that are so unfortunate that are "lucky" to even have a computer should probably not be wasting their money on stinkin video games. Just super saiyan.

Good day Terrarians,

In celebration of Terraria's 5th birthday we are pleased to announce the release date for 1.3.1, an update for PC that focuses on wiring mechanics and controller support.

Thank you for your ongoing support, these last 5 years have been a blast!
OwZXKqP.gif
i think he should get closer as the days go.

Families that are so unfortunate that are "lucky" to even have a computer should probably not be wasting their money on stinkin video games. Just super saiyan.

$10 for a game that will give hours and hours of entertainment is not the same as a new $70 game that you play for 20 minutes before you are ready to return it.

Even people who don't have a lot of money need entertainment of some kind or they find ways to amuse themselves that break laws.

$10 for a game that will give hours and hours of entertainment is not the same as a new $70 game that you play for 20 minutes before you are ready to return it.

Even people who don't have a lot of money need entertainment of some kind or they find ways to amuse themselves that break laws.
This is a matter of opinion. I don't see any reasoning to continue that argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom