1.3.2 Questions/Discussion/Suggestions

RE:OP:

If they make any changes to fishing, I would like them to further de-randomize the Angler's quest rewards, or perhaps do something else to alleviate the ridiculousness of getting 3-5 "x item" in a row while having none of something else. And also, make it so that 150+ quest rewards don't reset the % chance bonus back to 0, because that's just absurdly stupid.

As for other stuff I'd like in 1.3.2.....

1). Underground Desert changes were already announced -- I'm looking forward to this. I always felt the Underground Desert was a rather boring place that had very little use in the game, overall. There's nothing you need from there, there's nothing to do there unless you really really want a baby dino or something, or you've somehow managed to NOT find an extractinator yet. Hopefully 1.3.2 makes it more interesting in both Easymode and Hardmode. Hopefully they could at the very least give the status effect mobs there a possibility to drop Ankh Charm items related to their status effect (the mobs that curse you DON'T drop nazars, for example).

2). Better balancing with the Mage Class. Mages are weaker than Ranged in almost every way, with the exception of variety with projectiles. Their projectiles are slower, many magic weapons have shorter range, and Mage Armor in general has far less defense than Ranged Armor. The excuse of "no ammo!" doesn't really cut it when ammo is easy to get anyways unless you're doing something like rocket 3s or luminite bullets or something. I'd say they need an armor boost to put them on par with ranged, and they could use a splattering of long-range, fast projectiles that cost little mana for those fast-moving bosses that are hard to hit with the slower magic weapons.

3). Maybe not for 1.3.2, but in future updates... more alternate biomes would be awesome. Just take a look at Izzabelle's many biome suggestions complete with sprites. More alternate biomes = more world variety = more enjoyable future playthroughs, and each world feels more different with the more possibilities there are and biome combinations.

If they make any changes to fishing, I would like them to further de-randomize the Angler's quest rewards, or perhaps do something else to alleviate the ridiculousness of getting 3-5 "x item" in a row while having none of something else. And also, make it so that 150+ quest rewards don't reset the % chance bonus back to 0, because that's just absurdly stupid.

As for other stuff I'd like in 1.3.2.....

1). Underground Desert changes were already announced -- I'm looking forward to this. I always felt the Underground Desert was a rather boring place that had very little use in the game, overall. There's nothing you need from there, there's nothing to do there unless you really really want a baby dino or something, or you've somehow managed to NOT find an extractinator yet. Hopefully 1.3.2 makes it more interesting in both Easymode and Hardmode. Hopefully they could at the very least give the status effect mobs there a possibility to drop Ankh Charm items related to their status effect (the mobs that curse you DON'T drop nazars, for example).

2). Better balancing with the Mage Class. Mages are weaker than Ranged in almost every way, with the exception of variety with projectiles. Their projectiles are slower, many magic weapons have shorter range, and Mage Armor in general has far less defense than Ranged Armor. The excuse of "no ammo!" doesn't really cut it when ammo is easy to get anyways unless you're doing something like rocket 3s or luminite bullets or something. I'd say they need an armor boost to put them on par with ranged, and they could use a splattering of long-range, fast projectiles that cost little mana for those fast-moving bosses that are hard to hit with the slower magic weapons.

3). Maybe not for 1.3.2, but in future updates... more alternate biomes would be awesome. Just take a look at Izzabelle's many biome suggestions complete with sprites. More alternate biomes = more world variety = more enjoyable future playthroughs, and each world feels more different with the more possibilities there are and biome combinations.

100% agree with all of this.

I hate to say it, but as a Ranger in Terraria.. we are completely overpowered now. Warrior's are alright, but they still need more? But Mages are very limited right now since their 'ammo' is not unlimited and are forced into 'cooldown' periods.

As for the Underground Desert being confirmed to have more added to it, I'm really happy about it. To me the Underground Desert's the place I get a few stacks of sand from quickly and some free quick loot and antlion mandibles for mining potions..

Thrower love! One of the funnest classes to play in my opinion, if you are going to do it please try to stitch to the diversity it has in pre hard mode.

Thrower love! One of the funnest classes to play in my opinion, if you are going to do it please try to stitch to the diversity it has in pre hard mode.

This is also something they need to work on. Right now throwers don't have anything post Skeletron if the world is on Expert Mode.

I signed up for this forum just to make one suggestion in this thread:

craftable/purchasable traps.

Figure the standard dart trap can be crafted at an iron anvil, and the jungle temple traps can be crafted at a mythril anvil using hardmode materials.
Either that, or make them buyable from one of the relevant npcs, like have the mech sell normal darts and the steampunk sell jungle traps.

Figure it would be more interesting to have more access to traps since 1.3.1 added a lot of improvements to the wiring system. I've been doing some interesting research into the crazy stuff you can do with teal pressure plates, logic gates, and dart traps. You can precisely engineer intervals and delays between trap activations by adjusting a dart trap's distance from a teal plate. fun stuff, no crab or bird statues required.

So far I've built 2 dart-engine models: the first relies on using a second string of traps in a bulky engine for precise timing, the other passes darts over a teal plate that uses logic gates to shift a bit over the dart sequence, though the variable distance between the dart traps and the plate makes the speed unsteady, so it still needs work.

But I digress. Point is, I want to be able to get more traps without having to start a dozen new worlds to farm them.

Figure the standard dart trap can be crafted at an iron anvil, and the jungle temple traps can be crafted at a mythril anvil using hardmode materials.
Either that, or make them buyable from one of the relevant npcs, like have the mech sell normal darts and the steampunk sell jungle traps.

Figure it would be more interesting to have more access to traps since 1.3.1 added a lot of improvements to the wiring system. I've been doing some interesting research into the crazy stuff you can do with teal pressure plates, logic gates, and dart traps. You can precisely engineer intervals and delays between trap activations by adjusting a dart trap's distance from a teal plate. fun stuff, no crab or bird statues required.

So far I've built 2 dart-engine models: the first relies on using a second string of traps in a bulky engine for precise timing, the other passes darts over a teal plate that uses logic gates to shift a bit over the dart sequence, though the variable distance between the dart traps and the plate makes the speed unsteady, so it still needs work.

But I digress. Point is, I want to be able to get more traps without having to start a dozen new worlds to farm them.

I would like to see purchasable traps. Perhaps something like this:

Dart Trap: 2x Iron Bar, 50x Wooden Arrow, 2x Wire
Super Dart Trap: 2x Lihzarhd Brick, 2x Mithril/Orichalcum Bar, 2x Wire
Flamethrower Trap: 50x Gel, 2x Lihzarhd Brick, 2x Wire
Spear Trap: 5x Mithril/Orichalcum Bar, 2x Lihzarhd Brick, 2x Wire
Spiky Ball Trap: 2x Lihzarhd Brick, 50x Spiky Balls, 2x Wire

Or if we sell them by NPC:

Dart Trap: Mechanic (50s each)
Lihzarhd Traps: Witch Doctor post-Golem (2g each)

I would like to see a post moonlord event, something like hardmode+
They give you such neat gear, but there is no one to use it on.

Also, I always found TNT to be tedious to use; its more efficient time use to use dynamite, as you don't need to use wire and you don't need a detonator. As such, would like to see a timed TNT explosive, made from a 5 second timer, wire and tnt. You place it like a normal block of TNT, but then you activate by right clicking. You have 5 seconds to get clear.

I would like to see a post moonlord event, something like hardmode+
They give you such neat gear, but there is no one to use it on.

Also, I always found TNT to be tedious to use; its more efficient time use to use dynamite, as you don't need to use wire and you don't need a detonator. As such, would like to see a timed TNT explosive, made from a 5 second timer, wire and tnt. You place it like a normal block of TNT, but then you activate by right clicking. You have 5 seconds to get clear.

Dude, that would be expensive and not give you much of any benefit over using dynamite.

You get what, 2-3 blocks more radius, but yet it costs three sticks of dynamite + a 5 second timer (10 tin bars) + wires?

Might as well just keep using dynamite.

some more throwing stuff for sure, completing furniture sets (looking at you golden, gothic, pine, dynasty, frozen, and living wood), new furniture sets and misc. tilestuff (like lunar fragments. sandstone, barrels/crates etc.), pyramids made into dungeons/mini-dungeons, a desert boss maybe, and post-moonlord stuff to do other than building.

I prefer Sticky Dynamite, myself. It is cheap to make and has a controlled blast.

I tend to use bombs because bombs are free ('cept for the two dozen or so dynamite strewed about in treasure chests). I know the dynamite is only a few silver each but I'm cheap, yo?

Pots drop hundreds and hundreds of bombs... might as well use em lol.

But even then I don't go blasting that often. Usually just for EoW/BoC.

Dude, that would be expensive and not give you much of any benefit over using dynamite.

You get what, 2-3 blocks more radius, but yet it costs three sticks of dynamite + a 5 second timer (10 tin bars) + wires?

Might as well just keep using dynamite.

If you buy the parts, then yeah its expensive.
If you find the TNT in the world its free, and if you can find TNT you can find wires. Tin and copper is pretty easy to find, and it quickly becomes useless for equipment.

I use sticky dynamite too. Bombs have a smaller blast radius, and I'm impatient. I tend to use explosives when buildng hellevators.

If you buy the parts, then yeah its expensive.
If you find the TNT in the world its free, and if you can find TNT you can find wires. Tin and copper is pretty easy to find, and it quickly becomes useless for equipment.

I use sticky dynamite too. Bombs have a smaller blast radius, and I'm impatient. I tend to use explosives when buildng hellevators.

When I do hellevators, I just turn Smart Cursor on, and just dig a 2 block wide tunnel straight under my feet and I just keep going unless I hit lava then I just gotta stop and figure out what to do with it. And of course I place ropes. It really doesn't take long if you get a Reaver Shark, but to each their own I guess lol. I don't like having a big wide open Hellevator because I don't like getting attacked by mobs constantly when I'm going up or down it.

I would prefer craftable traps. Maybe the dart traps would use poison darts to craft, spear traps would use javelins (I would say spears but those are much harder to get a good number of them.) The spikeball traps would of course use spiky balls, flame traps would need gel of course, and geysers maybe lava droppers. I wish we could also make those spinning spikeballs you see in the dungeon.
I would also like to see more types of traps for different biomes. Like maybe an icicle trap that looks kind of like the icicles hanging from ice blocks and works kind of like a boulder trap but doesn't roll it just falls on you. They can also work like spikes as well. Maybe some kind of electric trap that can be switched on/off. Then we can make some electric fences.

And I have been playing with dart trap devices too. But I don't just use a dart trap's distance from a teal plate, I use water and honey to slow the darts down when I want a longer delay in a shorter amount of space. I have something big and crazy that I am working on that uses water and honey in it, that I plan on making a thread for when I finish it.
`;)

I REALLY hope they will update block outline at some point. Right now a lot of new blocks such as Gemspark block can't merge outline with others.

I REALLY hope they will update block outline at some point. Right now a lot of new blocks such as Gemspark block can't merge outline with others.

Or at the very least, they could fix some of the BASIC naturally-occurring block combinations, such as Clay which doesn't play nice with hardly anything except dirt unless it is surrounded on 3 sides.

I hope not. Personally, I'm not a re-play sort of guy, and I have a lot of problems with getting Crimson items already. If they added new biomes it should be all in the same world. Just rebalance generating, so Corruption\Crimson\hallow won't suddenly overlap jungle and so on.

In my opinion, world generation should actually be less random than it is now.

Another potential idea for 1.3.2 is if the new event involves an expansion of the Cultists. After all, there's unused assets such as the white cultist archer that suggests there might have been more to the Cultists at some point in 1.3's development.

Maybe there will be a new Cult Invasion that serves as the new prerequisite for the cultists to spawn at the dungeon. Maybe you collect a Solar Tablet from the Golem and a Lunar Tablet from the hardmode Dungeon, and combine them into the Mysterious Tablet, which activates the cultist event. The cult event could also include new drops from the Lunatic Cultist boss, who doesn't really drop much aside from the ancient manipulator at the moment.

If throwing weapons are being expanded upon, the Lunatic Cultist could drop Void Fragments used to craft the ultimate throwing armor set.

Back
Top Bottom