1.3.2 Questions/Discussion/Suggestions

Apparently, Melee is supposed to mean a close-range physical fight, so I would surmise that most people view a "Melee Weapon", as a weapon that is held in your hands that directly deals damage to a nearby opponent within its striking range without leaving your hand (IE: not thrown). The weapon itself deals the damage, not a projectile fired from said weapon.
I stand corrected.
C'mon, man. Don't be rude by selectively omitting information I provided just to make a snarky remark. :dryadsad:
I wasn't trying to be rude, I honestly didn't get why anyone would consider "throwing" to be worth it's own focused class. Now I do, it's other games.
The system doesn't have to be revamped. That's not how programming works. Throwing is already a damage type, and there are already armors that support it. Damage types already have generic and specific modifiers. And the mechanics/animations for throwing are already built and in use. All that is required is to utilize the damage type and it's modifiers in a higher quantity across existing or new things. It's still by no means a small request; but it's very much in the realm of doable for 1.3.2/1.3.3

Now if anyone really wants to be a stick in the mud about a Throwing class though, I think the major argument against it's proper implementation would be that a new Lunar Pillar would have to exist. Long term, I still see this as doable -- especially if they implement new throwing support little by little. But as a lump sum addition, I think the gating of needing to create new enemies for a new pillar would be the development bottleneck.

Still, here's hoping.
I meant re-vamped as in re-balance existing weapons, maybe how they function (e.g. not be completely consumable), and simply adding a whole array of weapons to be viable for the entire game, not the nitty-gritty coding stuff.

As for the extra pillar, is there a Yo-Yo pillar? Does it need to be put on a pedestal and worshiped? Can't it just be a bunch of items you can craft? As was suggested above, Stardust+Vortex should do to make more special throwing stuff. Or just Stardust + something else.

Anyway, this time I'm really done with the topic, and with the current update frequency, throwing might be a class in 2-3 years :indifferent:

Back
Top Bottom