Other 1.3.3 Desert Suggestions

Nekohime

Queen Bee
As @Cenx mentioned. The aforementioned 1.3.3 will focused on the desert.

Atmosphere
It would be nice if the underground desert not to mention the underground snow should had their own tracks.

Also Living Cactus perhaps, as well as living mahogany furniture and living cacti furniture.

Game Mechanics
Pyramids: Small deserts seem to be much rarer now, I think pyramids should have at least a 25% chance of spawning at a minimum if not more. And always in the big one. I should mention this though, I once had two pyramids over lapping, which I had the map seed.

Sand Dripper: Can be crafted if the crystal ball is in a desert biome.

Items
Thorn Grenades: Crafting Recipe (grenade + cacti + stingers @ HM Anvil) Basically a HM Beenade except they don't chase. Inflicts poison

Living Cacti Wand: Self explanatory

Serpent Staff: Using this will protect you from being petrified for 10 seconds.

Scorpion Hook: Cause we can never have enough hooks. Found in chest.

Book of the Dead: Fits the desert theme, any suggestions for this one?

The Indiana: It's a whip, not sure how it would work. Found in chest.

Razorgator: A new spell fish straight from the Nile, shoots sawblades that travel in straight lines then moving along walls and corners. Pierces up to 10 enemies.

Enemies
Sphinx: Desert version of Ice Golem, could possibly lead to the progression of a throwing class for Hardmode.
HP: 5000/10000
Damage: 80/100
Knockback Resist: 95%/96%
Unicorn AI

Ravager Scorpion: Do these inflict venom, I always kill them too fast to find out.

Hallowed Lamia Counterpart

Fishing
Bonefish (see potions)
Razorgator (see items)
Desert Crate (underground only)

Quest Fish
Living Foshilfin "this is a reference to the Coelacanth or Living Fossil"
Found in the Underground Desert
Request Message
"Hey Minion! I saw this fish that was suppose to be extinct deep in the desert. Can you go catch one for me?"

Potions
Throwing Potions
Crafted at Bottle/Alchemy Station: Bottled Water + Deathweed + Bonefish

Last edited:
Thorn grenades: Stingers + cacti + regular grenades. 100% Support this \o/

Sphinx: PLEASE. I really hate it when I'm just crossing the desert and I'm just like "Meh... Just mummies and dumb slimes ¬¬"

Giant Cactus mini biome: Uhm... That's a nono for me :x At least until you elaborate...

Pyramids: I REALLY want the drops from pyramids to be spread in desert chests... But at the same time, I really like it how pyramids make a world unique... I don't know how I stand here....

Just make it so that there are Desert Crates that can only be fished up in Hardmode, with a 1/6 Chance of dropping a Pyramid item. No real need to buff the Pyramids as much.

Wait, so... Serpent staff is like a magic weapon which buffs the player? Or a consumable? :eek:

I like it anyway, though, haha

I like the ideas you put there. Maybe they should allow us to blow up desert fossils after defeating Eow/BoC. That'd be great.

I support everything except indiana, it should be a grappling hook not a weapon because that feels weird for me. Also what does Sphinx drop? Sand Feather for Sand Wings just like how ice golems drop ice feather for Ice Wings.

Back
Top Bottom