Standalone [1.4.0.5] Terraria Leveled RPG mod

Hi. I'm having troubles with my multiplayer server. My friend has been trying to join but the server kicks him for not having the "same version" as the server.
The server is being hosted on v8.2. We both have v8.2 I can enter, he can't.

Let me know if we're doing anything wrong, thanks.

EDIT: Eh, never mind ^ that. It seems there was something wrong with how my friend renamed TerrariaLeveled(.exe) to Terraria.exe(.exe), if that makes sense. Thanks tho!

Last edited:
Can I make a suggestion? I think that there's not a large enough power gap between higher level enemies and the player. It's possible to defeat a level 20 enemy with a level 1 character, provided I don't get hit. I think there should be a bonus to enemy strength based on the level difference. For example: a much higher resistance to knockback. What do you think?

Also, having crit and haste as stats you can level up would also be nice.

EDIT: Please disregard what I said before. I'm in hardmode and getting my :red: kicked, lol

Last edited:
So, since my vanilla Terraria is corrupted somehow and I can't fix it, I thought a mod would work...and it did! I love this mod for all it's worth, but I've noticed something after I hit around level 23...I stopped getting exp from ores. Everything else gives exp, but pre-hardmode ores, let alone the gems, no longer give me exp (Haven't reached hardmode). Is this a bug, or a normal mechanic for the game?

EDIT: It suddenly started to work again today. My apologies.

Last edited:
Updated to Version 8.3. It's a pretty small update, but a neat one.
WpWRnlQ.gif

New level up effect!
See OP for update info.

EDIT: I just uploaded a hotfix for the enemy HP bar when using the KH style health bar changing position with the screen resolution. It should now stay at the top right corner regardless of resolution.

Last edited:
Greetings, ive installed the newest Version, but... on the screen is a Text says "Hp: 3" and it wont go away, it is kinda annoying... so can i do something about it?
MaybeABug.png

Sorry for all the hotfixes guys. I've been noticing things left and right since I started playing again. I've updated to version 8.3.2.

It's been said before and I'm sure it'll be said again but man you really should add in new content too. You've certainly got a lot of artistic ability, and this mod is by far one of the slickest mods out there. Ramp it up and make it the best damn mod for Terraria there is! We don't need races and quests and stuff like that, like you say in the OP there is N Terraria for that but some new content of some kind would go a long way for me personally.

Either way, lovely mod. Your work is appreciated! Love the new level up effect.

Well, this was made in intentions for being an rpg-lite with some eye-candy features and mechanics.

But who knows, that could be thought of once Terraria is done. (aka 1.3 with hotfixes)

It's been said before and I'm sure it'll be said again but man you really should add in new content too. You've certainly got a lot of artistic ability, and this mod is by far one of the slickest mods out there. Ramp it up and make it the best damn mod for Terraria there is! We don't need races and quests and stuff like that, like you say in the OP there is N Terraria for that but some new content of some kind would go a long way for me personally.

Either way, lovely mod. Your work is appreciated! Love the new level up effect.
Well, the thing is. I'm really hoping to finally figure out how to port this to tAPI and add compatibility for other mods. But so far, I still don't know much about tAPI and how it works. The only thing I can say is, if someone walks me through the porting process so I can get a better understanding as I go on. OR! I could just fiddle around with it and see what all I can do and just mess with functions (kinda how I first learned how to program in Game Maker :p.)
But yeah, porting to tAPI might be either very complicated or, very simple. I don't know.
My biggest concern is compatibility with other mods. Would this even be compatible with most mods? Item mods should be fully compatible since I don't need to add any compatibility for them since all items still use their default values.

Hello gotest!
I would like to inform you that i am presently streaming this mod and people are LOVING it!
We all would really like to see that mod work under 1.3
I would like to host a 30 slot server for the community but since it's a (sponsored) linux server i cant run the .exe (no matter if i try wine or alternatives)
would you be able to somehow look into making this mod Tshock compatible?
Thanks!

I have a couple of bug reports. This may have only to do with the new version of Terraria Leveled (8.4), the modified TShock wrapper, or both. But with TShock running a server, it never visually rains... but the enemies that show up when it rains will come and go at times. Flying fish, walking goldfish, raincoat zombies, umbrella slimes... they'll occasionally just start showing up, show up for a while, then stop. I can only assume that it's actually raining, but the visual rain effects aren't working.

Also, with the TShock wrapper... plugins aren't working. When I try to start TShock with, for example, HousingDistricts plugin installed, I get this wall of text:

TerrariaAPI Version: 1.17.0.0 (Protocol v1.2.4.1)
[Server API] Error Startup aborted due to an exception in the Server API initial
ization:
System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to load assembly "zHousingDistricts.dll
". ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'TerrariaSe
rver, Version=1.15.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its depe
ndencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly
reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes(RuntimeAssembly assembl
y, ObjectHandleOnStack retTypes)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes()
at TerrariaApi.Server.ServerApi.LoadPlugins()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at TerrariaApi.Server.ServerApi.LoadPlugins()
at TerrariaApi.Server.ServerApi.Initialize(String[] commandLineArgs, Main gam
e)
at Terraria.ProgramServer.Main(String[] args)

When I try to run the same plugin in TShock for vanilla, it works. So something you did to the TShock wrapper to make it work with Terraria Leveled broke plugin compatibility.

hi m8
i really love your work, and i have a simple but important suggestion:
in gameiki mod, they have a hotkey that "organizes" the chest or/and the inventory. i only use the gameiku because of this feature, i would love if you put (if u can) that hotkey

is there a way to boost your level? i am in near end of pre-hardmode but i have to grind to get to underworld level, the hell bats are doing 150 damage to me. I tried to make a 200x200 block of crimtane ore (gives for 80 xp per ore) but i saw that i barely get XP from them. i only get xp from about 1% of the blocks i hit. Here is a gif: http://gyazo.com/bfd2eb8b9bb6019bd78e5327870e02b3 (press the dots in the corner and choose see mp4 version to get more than 5fps)

I know this may be cheating or something, but i cant imagine being almost endgame, just needing to kill duke fishreon, installing this mod and has to grind for weeks to be able to kill duke fishron. Also i think you are getting gear faster than level, i mean i could easily get gear to survive the jungle, yet only be level 15 or something.

This mod looks quite interesting =D ! Gotta try it !!!!!! Thanks tho >-> it might by a nice thingy to stream and not only Terraria Vanilla n stuff =D Hope more mods will apear for this game . Have a nice day ^^

is there a way to boost your level? i am in near end of pre-hardmode but i have to grind to get to underworld level, the hell bats are doing 150 damage to me. I tried to make a 200x200 block of crimtane ore (gives for 80 xp per ore) but i saw that i barely get XP from them. i only get xp from about 1% of the blocks i hit. Here is a gif: http://gyazo.com/bfd2eb8b9bb6019bd78e5327870e02b3 (press the dots in the corner and choose see mp4 version to get more than 5fps)

I know this may be cheating or something, but i cant imagine being almost endgame, just needing to kill duke fishreon, installing this mod and has to grind for weeks to be able to kill duke fishron. Also i think you are getting gear faster than level, i mean i could easily get gear to survive the jungle, yet only be level 15 or something.

the Easiest way i got myself to level quickly is to do bossing... this especially worked with multiplayer as all i needed is my party team member to at least hit the boss once and i do the rest and go from lv 10 to 40+ in mins

And speaking of which i noticed that when i do more damage to the bosses i gain less exp then the party member that barely hit it.....im not sure if this is surpose to happen or if its based on your level...but it was barely any issue just something i noticed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom