Standalone [1.4.0.5] Terraria Leveled RPG mod

Just beat the Moon Lord on Expert, full Physique until maxed (~level 85-90) then the rest into Fortitude (If you're going to do a melee playthrough, don't be an idiot like me and go full Physique until well after Golem. Mix some Fortitude in there or you WILL struggle like I did). Here's my thoughts:

Stat flower: At first it was really confusing but now that I've gotten the hang of it, I like it much better than the old system.

Abilities: I like them a lot. I got the melee lifesteal around Plantera and it's a godsend. Between that and some other preparations I was just able to inch by on that fight. It's really strong, but not too strong.

Levels/EXP Balancing: There are some little quirks in the biome levels and EXP gains that need to be ironed out.
- The pre-hardmode Desert and the pre-hardmode Cavern should have their levels switched. Most players tend to explore the surface, including deserts, before even touching on the cavern layer, so the levels should reflect that.
- The Underground Ice should only be marginally harder than the Caverns. 1, 2 or 3 levels, not 6.
- The pre-hardmode Jungle surface should have slightly lower levels than the Corruption or Crimson. 14 is too low for what in the vanilla game is such a dangerous biome early on.
- The levels of the Ocean should be drastically reduced. Maybe slightly more than half of what it is now.
- The pre-hardmode Dungeon and the pre-hardmode Jungle should have their levels switched. Most players tend to go for the Jungle rather than the Dungeon first, since accessing the Dungeon involves beating Skeletron, who can be a hassle to kill depending on your gear.
- Hardmode snow in the day apparently has higher levels than Hardmode snow at night, which doesn't seem right.
- What I touched on in my previous post in that the end-game events, such as the Pumpkin and Frost Moons, Martian Madness, and the Lunar events give very little EXP, which makes it quite difficult to grind in the end-game. At level 99, lunar mobs were giving 60-70 EXP, while Lihzahrds and Flying Snakes, mobs which at that point are 20 levels under me, were giving 150-180 EXP. I started heavily grinding in the Lihzahrd Temple around like 82-83 and it probably took around 7-8 hours to get to level 100. That's ridiculous.

Overall, I really enjoy the mod, but that grind at the end sucked all of the energy out of me. Definitely going to do a ranged playthrough...after a short break.
Wow. Thank you for playing the mod to the end and giving feedback. That's very much appreciated.

I'm already considering rebalancing some of pre-hardmode anyways. Hard Mode got a rebalance in the version 11 update, and now it's pre-hardmode's turn.

The reasoning for the lunar mob EXP is because the pillars themselves (should) make up for it.
The invasions give small amounts of EXP due to the sheer amount of enemies that appear.

Although, I'm likely going to be changing the EXP needed to level up past 80. Level 80 gets a huge 125k jump in needed exp to level (Check the EXP chart on the wiki), so I'm likely going to turn it back to normal then rebalance the EXP for 80+ enemies.

(never mind, figured it out) Is there a way to take a world off Critical, perhaps back to Expert. After playing a good bit I now realize on this Critical world I'll never kill a boss. Thanks and sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find it.

Last edited:
I was thinking of downloading the Leveled mod because i was such a big fan of Kingdom Hearts (The first one is good, and so on and so forth until i recently finished 0.2.) and Terraria, and because of that mod is now alive and what not, i decided i'll try it out.
By the way, is it okay i can do Critical Mode in the leveled mod despite being able to beat Expert mode several times on modded? Also, is it also okay to download it when i only have TModLoader Terraria and no vanilla? Because, i am just making sure this Leveled mod could work fine without vanilla.

I was thinking of downloading the Leveled mod because i was such a big fan of Kingdom Hearts (The first one is good, and so on and so forth until i recently finished 0.2.) and Terraria, and because of that mod is now alive and what not, i decided i'll try it out.
By the way, is it okay i can do Critical Mode in the leveled mod despite being able to beat Expert mode several times on modded? Also, is it also okay to download it when i only have TModLoader Terraria and no vanilla? Because, i am just making sure this Leveled mod could work fine without vanilla.
I'm not sure I understand your question related to critical mode. Critical Mode is quite a bit more challenging than Expert, as you have 1/2 of your max hp, and take 30% more damage. If you think you can take the challenge, then by all means, go for it. That's what it's there for! :p
If you can load tModLoader, you should be able to load the mod. None of the files the mod uses replaces anything tMod, or Vanilla, and runs separately from those two. Essentially co-existing with vanilla and tmod.

Sorry, I have a bad way of wording things. I was trying to say that leveled shouldn't affect/interfere any other mods when it's installed.

Can i get some help, been trying to launch the mod, but it's giving me that darn steam api missing stuff, and i'm not sure what to do
Has anybody found a fix for it?

Wait so, does this work with tmodloader or not? you said 1.3.5 tmodloader compatiblity patch, but on top it says this isn't a tmodloader mod?

Also opening the Terraria Leveled.exe gives me

gq4PBWM.png

Last edited:
Wait so, does this work with tmodloader or not? you said 1.3.5 tmodloader compatiblity patch, but on top it says this isn't a tmodloader mod?

Also opening the Terraria Leveled.exe gives me

gq4PBWM.png

Tmodloader and Leveled are 2 different things ..were just using the Patch from Tmodloader to get Leveled to function correctly as well as patch 1.3.5 back to 1.3.4.4

I have a question about the Wall of Flesh. I'm on expert map, this boss has well over 54k hitpoints. My best weapons only do 120 dmg at the most and those are either melee or semi-auto. I run out of room fighting this boss because my pre-hardmode weapons are so weak? Is this normal ?
Version 11.1 (I'm lv 40 with 10 pts in fortitue / physique and 9 in aptitude ) using Molten Fury bow with Jester arrows and two imps? I'm in full Molten Armor.

boss has 54382 hitpoints, 978 attack and 158 defense IIRC - how do you kill that with pre-hardmode weapons? and the entire time you're being attack by lv 38 bats/imps/slimes.

Last edited:
I have a question about the Wall of Flesh. I'm on expert map, this boss has well over 54k hitpoints. My best weapons only do 120 dmg at the most and those are either melee or semi-auto. I run out of room fighting this boss because my pre-hardmode weapons are so weak? Is this normal ?
version 11.1 (10 pts in fortitue, 10 in aptitude) using Molten Fury bow with the star arrows and two imps?

What level are you to attempt to fight the Wall of flesh?

Your best bet to beat the wall of flesh is be at least Level 46+ and my Recommended weapon is the Phoenix Blaster with Meteor Shot Bullets

I'm using the best weapons/armor available pre-hardmode. Most of the guns do 1-2 damage against WoF with Meteor shot. I have however, not tried the phoenix blaster yet but the auto guns are useless due to WoF's armor. BTW, updated my previous post with more information about my stats and the boss'es stats. Also, most of my weapons are Godly.

The biggest issue I see with WOF Expert is his armor. It's already a difficult fight but with that much armor it becomes ridiculously hard because no weapons do decent damage to him.

I'm using the best weapons/armor available pre-hardmode. Most of the guns do 1-2 damage against WoF with Meteor shot. I have however, not tried the phoenix blaster yet but the auto guns are useless due to WoF's armor. BTW, updated my previous post with more information about my stats and the boss'es stats. Also, most of my weapons are Godly.

The biggest issue I see with WOF Expert is his armor. It's already a difficult fight but with that much armor it becomes ridiculously hard because no weapons do decent damage to him.

WOF is a pretty hard fight ..i played him many times before and its a challenge but its dooable. Set yourself at the far end of the underworld and run and shoot and also make sure you have some obsidian potions to prevent lava damage and make sure to not take too much damage..try to stay as far from him as possible while doing damage especially in Expert mode cause once his HP get to a certain point he will go into MLG mode and start going sanic fast towards you.

Well, I got some news for everyone.
I can finally get Unleveled to tModLoader.
jyQwJZ.jpg
I just got this working and as a result has lead me to work hard on getting all the interface features of Unleveled implemented.
Just remember, this isn't LEVELED I'm working on for tMod. I want to get this first, then I can POSSIBLY think about Leveled for tMod. NO PROMISES THOUGH!!

Version 11.1 (I'm lv 40 with 10 pts in fortitue / physique and 9 in aptitude ) using Molten Fury bow with Jester arrows and two imps? I'm in full Molten Armor.

boss has 54382 hitpoints, 978 attack and 158 defense IIRC - how do you kill that with pre-hardmode weapons? and the entire time you're being attack by lv 38 bats/imps/slimes.
Use the Phoenix Blaster. It's what I use every time I beat it in expert. Being Lv.45 should suffice for having enough damage output. Oh, I also used Silver Bullets lol. Just remember that the WoF is level 50.
If you're still having damage trouble, try stacking more DEX prefixes on accessories. Or try "of the Stars" suffix. (+2 all stats, +2% HP)

Thanks for all the input/help. I had to fish for hours to finally get the handgun as my dungeon didn't come with one. Once I had the Phoenix Blaster in hand I did a trial run (no buffs) and I see that it seems that it's doable. So I'm going to grind more levels and $$ to convert my stuff to a more dexterity oriented build. Then I'll take a few serious shots at it.

Thanks for all the input/help. I had to fish for hours to finally get the handgun as my dungeon didn't come with one. Once I had the Phoenix Blaster in hand I did a trial run (no buffs) and I see that it seems that it's doable. So I'm going to grind more levels and $$ to convert my stuff to a more dexterity oriented build. Then I'll take a few serious shots at it.
Remember to make the blaster "Unreal" ;)

So it means Leveled will eventually be compatible with tMod?

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I said no promises. We'll see how it plays out after Unleveled is done.
After next Tuesday, I'll have a ton of free time as I'll be unemployed.

Back
Top Bottom