Standalone [1.4.0.5] Terraria Leveled RPG mod

Hello, thanks for making this mod gotest, i really like the KH hp bar style and hope you will continue working on this mod, my two friends i'm playing with seem to enjoy it as well. I have a few questions though, are levels going to be saved soon in SSC? How about MP? Whenever I get online my current MP (not max) resets to 0.

Could anyone be so nice to explain HP and MP regen too me? We play on Expert and neither seems to regenerate for me (yes both options are enabled)

Hello, thanks for making this mod gotest, i really like the KH hp bar style and hope you will continue working on this mod, my two friends i'm playing with seem to enjoy it as well. I have a few questions though, are levels going to be saved soon in SSC? How about MP? Whenever I get online my current MP (not max) resets to 0.

Could anyone be so nice to explain HP and MP regen too me? We play on Expert and neither seems to regenerate for me (yes both options are enabled)
MP going to 0 after loading a save was an old issue I thought was long gone. Were you in MP? SSC enabled? SP?
SSC Support will probably eventually come. The thing holding me back is figuring out how to get abilities to save. I used to have SSC support back in 1.2.4.1 (Albeit a VERY buggy Tshock.)

HP/MP not regenerating when enabled? Hmm... You're positive it somehow isn't disabled? I haven't played with HP/MP regen on in a long time... But you're the first to report an issue on it.

MP going to 0 after loading a save was an old issue I thought was long gone. Were you in MP? SSC enabled? SP?
SSC Support will probably eventually come. The thing holding me back is figuring out how to get abilities to save. I used to have SSC support back in 1.2.4.1 (Albeit a VERY buggy Tshock.)

HP/MP not regenerating when enabled? Hmm... You're positive it somehow isn't disabled? I haven't played with HP/MP regen on in a long time... But you're the first to report an issue on it.

Multiplayer with SSC enabled.
I see... hope you can figure it out then. D:

Well how does it regenerate? I have waited 3 minutes without my hp and mp filled and it didn't increase at all. Currently lvl 6 with 200 max mp and 138 max hp. Again multiplayer with SSC.

Try turning SSC off. I have a feeling this is the issue.
Yeah turning SSC off fixes the issue with the regen.
Also when SSC is on I start with the MP the character has offline so if I have 60MP offline i will start with 60/200mp on SSC. And since I had 0 MP before i started with 0. Having Mana/Health offline doesn't fix the regen problem for SSC though.

Hmm... The issue with Mana not saving in SSC, may lead me to other issues I've been seeing. Such as mana stars ALWAYS dropping in MP. Regardless if you had full mana or not.

But yeah, anything that my mod may change/add, will 99% not work with SSC, currently.

Hmm... The issue with Mana not saving in SSC, may lead me to other issues I've been seeing. Such as mana stars ALWAYS dropping in MP. Regardless if you had full mana or not.

But yeah, anything that my mod may change/add, will 99% not work with SSC, currently.

1% is still a chance. :p

Is that for any changes or would that go for regen as well? I guess it could be easily overlooked if the regen at least works.

Also since level aren't getting saved you can start with a max lvl on SSC currently. Just an idea but maybe have it turn the player to level 1 and then give them enough exp so they get back to the level they had saved.

I could probably fix regen right now. I added the needed network data for SSC for my mod, but never added the functions to the saving. It's quite...complicated. Yeah, let's go with that. The reason regen doesn't work, because my mod enables you to disable regen for mp/hp. Since I don't have any initialization for anything for SSC, everything goes to default. Such as regen being false, or level 1, or stats 1/1/1/1, etc.

You know what? If I can find the source to my old TShock Leveled, I could probably just put in the levels and stats for SSC.

I could probably fix regen right now. I added the needed network data for SSC for my mod, but never added the functions to the saving. It's quite...complicated. Yeah, let's go with that. The reason regen doesn't work, because my mod enables you to disable regen for mp/hp. Since I don't have any initialization for anything for SSC, everything goes to default. Such as regen being false, or level 1, or stats 1/1/1/1, etc.

You know what? If I can find the source to my old TShock Leveled, I could probably just put in the levels and stats for SSC.

I see, thanks for explaining.

Also thanks for giving me a good laugh

Oh, lol. Well, if I can find the source, it'll shave off like 3-4 hours of... never mind, it'll only shave off like 30-50 minutes. I guess I'm just lazy.:rolleyes:
Anywho, I can probably get to working on SSC anyways. No school until Monday. Plus, most of the bugs I've been led on to, have been fixed.

Oh, lol. Well, if I can find the source, it'll shave off like 3-4 hours of... never mind, it'll only shave off like 30-50 minutes. I guess I'm just lazy.:rolleyes:
Anywho, I can probably get to working on SSC anyways. No school until Monday. Plus, most of the bugs I've been led on to, have been fixed.

That's good to hear, you are a really great guy. Thanks for getting too it so fast.

That's good to hear, you are a really great guy. Thanks for getting too it so fast.
Not a problem. I like making what little community this mod has, happy. As long as it follows within my rules of what I don't want in the mod. ;)

Also, cute Poochyena.

Edit: Found the old source. Had to do some deep digging on my 2TB HDD. It's such a mess. :(

Last edited:
Not a problem. I like making what little community this mod has, happy. As long as it follows within my rules of what I don't want in the mod. ;)

Also, cute Poochyena.

Edit: Found the old source. Had to do some deep digging on my 2TB HDD. It's such a mess. :(

Awww that sounds good to hear! :) I really like this mod and hope it will keep going like that. I doubt that fixing some SSC bugs wouldn't follow your rules. hah.

Thank ya! I commissioned it from a great friend of mine >w< I like your Typh as well!

Good job on finding the source ^w^

I have a pair of glitches on my version of Leveled.
The first is that when I level up, it flashes the graphic that I leveled up but the stats in the corner don't pop up to show what changed. This is purely graphical, because comparing the stats before and after has them go up, but it is weird because it didn't do this at first. It started mid-session on a regular server (hosted by a friend) and at some point it wasn't showing the stats on a level up, and it has continued despite changing to the most recent version and a whole redownload.
The second one is a bigger issue. Upon beating a boss (be it single player, multiplayer, and the two version I played) there seems to be about a 50/50 chance that it won't drop any loot and any events that would normally happen as a result don't spawn, but I can still get experience and level up. For example, I killed the Wall of Flesh once, and when I beat it no loot spawned, the blocks that hold the loot didn't spawn, and hardmode didn't activate. The weird part is, when playing on my friend's multiplayer server and the glitch happens, it comes paired with a train of other weird visual glitches, such as the message counting who did what damage not including me (but the damage is split as if I had done damage, minus actually showing my name), the game sort of freezing as if lag is happening for an extended period of time, and the previous bug where loot didn't drop.
I haven't tested it to see if it only ever does this when you kill a boss and level up on it because that's kind of hard to replicate, but it is still weird.

The second one is a bigger issue. Upon beating a boss (be it single player, multiplayer, and the two version I played) there seems to be about a 50/50 chance that it won't drop any loot and any events that would normally happen as a result don't spawn, but I can still get experience and level up. For example, I killed the Wall of Flesh once, and when I beat it no loot spawned, the blocks that hold the loot didn't spawn, and hardmode didn't activate. The weird part is, when playing on my friend's multiplayer server and the glitch happens, it comes paired with a train of other weird visual glitches, such as the message counting who did what damage not including me (but the damage is split as if I had done damage, minus actually showing my name), the game sort of freezing as if lag is happening for an extended period of time, and the previous bug where loot didn't drop.
I haven't tested it to see if it only ever does this when you kill a boss and level up on it because that's kind of hard to replicate, but it is still weird.

I've been using this mod for a while now (on v10.4, but about to update to the newest), and I've also seen this (I've only played singleplayer though). Every time I kill a boss (or any enemy) and level up, nothing that would normally occur on that enemy's death occurs. No drops, no hardmode, Dungeon Guardians still spawn, and so on. The most amusing was when I got an early Slime Rain one run, and each time I killed King Slime and leveled up, the count of slimes killed until he spawned would reset, along with the event timer. I had to kill him three or four times before I could avoid leveling and stop the slimes.

Also, this mod is great, and you and jopojelly apparently got it and TerraCustom to work together while I was busy with real life. They're two great tastes that taste great together!

I've been using this mod for a while now (on v10.4, but about to update to the newest), and I've also seen this (I've only played singleplayer though). Every time I kill a boss (or any enemy) and level up, nothing that would normally occur on that enemy's death occurs. No drops, no hardmode, Dungeon Guardians still spawn, and so on. The most amusing was when I got an early Slime Rain one run, and each time I killed King Slime and leveled up, the count of slimes killed until he spawned would reset, along with the event timer. I had to kill him three or four times before I could avoid leveling and stop the slimes.

Also, this mod is great, and you and jopojelly apparently got it and TerraCustom to work together while I was busy with real life. They're two great tastes that taste great together!

Ohh~ Didn't know that TerraCustom works with it, thank you for the info. :p

Really impatient for SSC fix so I hope gotest can fix it soon~

Back
Top Bottom