tModLoader [1.3.4.4] Upgrade System - Dushy's Upgrade

Some pretty annoying bugs/things with this mod:

1: There are lots of little typos
"Loosing" instead of "losing" as an example
2: Upgrade costs for scrolls being inconsistent
(+5 scroll costing 5 scrolls, +6 costing 2 etc.) I read the above post and realize this is "for balance" but it isn't balance at all its just a system that's not well thought out.
3: Visual bug with the Tavernkeep
With this mod installed I am encountering a bug where my mouse cursor disappears and there is no display for certain items for sale by the TavernKeep. Defender forge and all of the defender weapons do not have a price (usually this is defender medals) and the mouse cursor disappears.

Also, the pricing of items from the vendor is pretty linear and doesn't feel very polished. Not sure why a +4 scroll costs 20g when it drops off bunnies... nor should an item that drops off bunnies be sold for 2g. This whole system needs rethinking and the implementation needs polish.

Very cool idea for a mod, however. I will certainly be using this once it is polished and works a bit better.

Some pretty annoying bugs/things with this mod:

1: There are lots of little typos
"Loosing" instead of "losing" as an example
2: Upgrade costs for scrolls being inconsistent
(+5 scroll costing 5 scrolls, +6 costing 2 etc.) I read the above post and realize this is "for balance" but it isn't balance at all its just a system that's not well thought out.
3: Visual bug with the Tavernkeep
With this mod installed I am encountering a bug where my mouse cursor disappears and there is no display for certain items for sale by the TavernKeep. Defender forge and all of the defender weapons do not have a price (usually this is defender medals) and the mouse cursor disappears.

Also, the pricing of items from the vendor is pretty linear and doesn't feel very polished. Not sure why a +4 scroll costs 20g when it drops off bunnies... nor should an item that drops off bunnies be sold for 2g. This whole system needs rethinking and the implementation needs polish.

Very cool idea for a mod, however. I will certainly be using this once it is polished and works a bit better.

You state " Upgrade costs for scrolls being inconsistent " don't you mean "not the way you like" ?
The scroll cost alternates between 2, and 5, thats a very consistent pattern. It makes sense, nothing wrong with it.
Now of course he could have it set as -
Example1
2 lvl4 = 5(2/ 4s)
3 lvl5 = 6(6/ 4s)
4 lvl6 = 7(24/ 4s)
5 lvl7 = 8(120/ 4s)
5 lvl8 =9(600/ 4s)
5 lvl9 =(3,000/ 4s)
6 lvl10 =(18,000/ 4s)
Which would make it soo difficult to get a lvl 11, and the price would be 360 Platinum. which means you would never buy a lvl 11 because without a dupe bugg its quite time consuming to acquire even 100 plat. nontheless use 360 on 1 scroll. IF this was how it was the sell price of scrolls needs to be low. not based off purchase price.
instead of
CURRENT-
2 lvl4 = 5(2/ 4s)
5 lvl5 = 6(10/ 4s)
2 lvl6 = 7(20/ 4s)
5 lvl7 = 8(100/ 4s)
2 lvl8 = 9(200/ 4s)
5 lvl9 = 10(1,000/ 4s)
2 lvl10 = 11(2,000/ 4s)
which is 9x easier then example1 and seemingly too easy so i suggest a meet in the middle
I Suggest--v
2 lvl4 = 5(2/ 4s)
3 lvl5 = 6(6/ 4s)
3 lvl6 = 7(18/ 4s)
4 lvl7 = 8(72/ 4s)
4 lvl8 = 9(288/ 4s)
5 lvl9 = 10(1,440/ 4s)
6 lvl10 = 11(8,640/ 4s)
Which this makes it cheaper to get the power spike rank 8s, but more expensive to get rank 9 - 10, and a bit more then 4x more expensive for rank 11s, and that would be a better balance then current.

Right now, i afk farmed nearly 5,000/ 4s over night, and nearly 14,000 by the time i started playing again and i have 7/ 11s from the 4s alone with a total of 13/ 11s from all scroll drops. Based on my afk farm i would get roughly 2.55/ 11s if it took around 8k/4s instead of 2k/ 4s

Granted if the mod author can removed the drops from statue spawned enemies, then i would suggest they also make higher scrolls drop off enemies, maybe just up to 7s, atm with statues being a viable option for farming, 6s and below is fine, but if you make 11s more expensive and fix statue drops, then maybe have it when you reach hardmode 7s can drop too.

Side note, I did notice the Tavern Keep invisible mouse glitch as well, although I have a lot of mods installed so wasnt sure which mod it was. I suggest installing this mod by itself, and proceed to see if the glitch still occurs.

Maybe for the scroll cost it could be 5% more money "effective" to buy a +5 then a +4 scroll. This could stack so it is slightly easier to get +10 items. This way unlocking more scrolls actually has a purpose:)
Just an idea.

I dunno, I'm fine with the balance as it is right now. Although I kind of wish Blessed Stones can be crafted to higher tiers, as I tend to just sell them and keep the 4, 5 and 6s for crafting.

Bear in mind, I haven't AFK farmed them. Instead, I'm just playing regularly, in which case, I actually feel like the drop rate could do with being increased so that it would encourage using the scrolls right away rather than hoarding them to craft +11.

Of course, if their rates were increased, then it would be reasonable for the cost of crafting higher tiers, such as +9 to +11, to be increased.

My logic is, if I wanted to be OP ASAP, I'd just use Cheat Sheet. Certainly, AFK farming is a part of the Terraria experience, but I dunno about using AFK farming as the basis of the drop rate being too "low".

Regardless, this mod's one of the better ones as far as I'm concerned.

Going 2,5,2,5,2 etc. is poor scaling (I guess I should have worded it like this instead of saying 'inconsistent'. You're right, it IS a consistent formula). It has nothing to do with my thoughts/feelings behind it. It is just simple, lazy coding to not figure out a more balanced form of implementation. The progression you listed is MUCH better than what is currently in the mod.

EDIT:

Also, I have verified that it is THIS mod that creates the issue with the TavernKeep. That's why I mentioned it in my post. I've done the checking you suggest and have determined this mod to have the glitchy code that makes the Tavernkeep mess up.

Last edited:
Here is the math for my planned progression prices :)
(I got bored)
+4 - 5g
+5 - 9g 50s
+6 - 45g 12s 5c
+7 - 85g 73s 75c
+8 - 4p 7g 25s 31c
+9 - 7p 73g 78s 9c
+10 - 36p 75g 45s 95c
+11 - 69p 83g 37s 30c

Key:
p - platinum
g - gold
s - silver
c - copper
I did not round.

Please update your mod for the tavernkeep :)
Its bugged as hell there.
Its a nice mod btw. thank you for this great mod! :)

06c1d-a9f2141a-ded4-4199-9118-00c7ffdb5fd5.png

The black boxed items are showable if your mouse is on it.
If the mouse is on some items in the orange box then the "Savings" label will disappear and no item info is shown.

# Pre-Hardmode (Expert)

Example:

06c1d-79dc4108-4fe6-4d7a-8bce-d54790188127.png

Log error:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs.
bei Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.GetItemInfo(Item item, Mod mod, String name)
bei Terraria.Item.GetModInfo(Mod mod, String name)
bei Terraria.Item.GetModInfo[T](Mod mod)
bei DushyUpgrade.UpgradeProjectile.PreAI(Projectile projectile) in c:\Users\Dushy\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\DushyUpgrade\UpgradeProjectile.cs:Zeile 19.

Code:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.GetItemInfo(Item item, Mod mod, String name)
   at Terraria.Item.GetModInfo(Mod mod, String name)
   at Terraria.Item.GetModInfo[T](Mod mod)
   at DushyUpgrade.UpgradeProjectile.PreAI(Projectile projectile) in c:\Users\Dushy\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\DushyUpgrade\UpgradeProjectile.cs:line 19

log is spammed with this

Really want this mod but I worry the mods I have will not work with it and crash the game anyone know if the following mods will work with this mod?
Maxstackplus
Calamity mod
Fishing 2.0
Crystilium
Thorium
Tremor Remastered
Boss HP bars

w
Really want this mod but I worry the mods I have will not work with it and crash the game anyone know if the following mods will work with this mod?
Maxstackplus
Calamity mod
Fishing 2.0
Crystilium
Thorium
Tremor Remastered
Boss HP bars
works fine , I use all those and more fine in my load order

Please post respectfully towards other members. Don't call the statements of other members "useless"
Except the mod is buggy when it comes to the tavernkeep, as noted previously.

It's a great mod but it has issues and is somewhat buggy.
that's not what the person i replied to asked about , don't make useless statements

Reactions: 000
Damn... I could have just came here instead of slowly working my way through my mod list and disabling each mod until I found the culprit that was screwing with the tavernkeep.

Dushy last logged-in here 9 days ago, but hasn't posted anything in over a month.

Of course it's fine if you're if taking a break @Dushy, but it would be nice to just know what's going on. Hope the mod hasn't been left to die -- it has great potential.

Back
Top Bottom