1.3.4 is LIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
5ed11c93894f.jpg

hmm....

There's yet another bug, but this time its multiplayer related, the chat is kinda broken... like everything u enter in M in the chat, it will open the map, if u press space, u will jump, and so on, its really annoying when playing multiplayer

Do I have to make a new world? Plus, I see that you can't actually travel between two saves of the games, so i guess guys on a mac are fine (there is no DD2 for mac - FeelsBadMan)

I don't know if this is a bug, oversight, or intentional, but I have a few banners now for the various enemies in the Etherian army. I have posted them in order to get double damage and enhanced defense against them, but when I check the "banner" buff icon, it does not list them...

Is this in the code and not showing / not working, or is it intentional?

I don't know if this is a bug, oversight, or intentional, but I have a few banners now for the various enemies in the Etherian army. I have posted them in order to get double damage and enhanced defense against them, but when I check the "banner" buff icon, it does not list them...

Is this in the code and not showing / not working, or is it intentional?
Yeah, it's been confirmed as intentional. I was disappointed. The event is pretty grindy IMHO, I wouldn't have minded a buff.

pCuczXr.png
Yeah, it's been confirmed as intentional. I was disappointed. The event is pretty grindy IMHO, I wouldn't have minded a buff.
What's the use of even having them in the game, if that's the case? Without them, you lose a reason for grinding in the first place, and there's no way to quickly eliminate their represented enemies in order to increase your damage focus on larger enemies which you CANNOT slow down (like the ogre). I can rarely get past Wave 4 (and die next wave, regardless) thanks to the unstoppable enemies and constant restricted-player difficulty. I have a trap-field (above and below) consisting of spiky ball traps, flamethrowers, and spears (above and below, as the ceiling and floor) stretching from portal to portal! What else can I possibly do?

I agree with whoever posted previously about this whole "event" feeling too disjointed and rigid from traditional Terraria open-world and open-creation gameplay. If this was supposed to be some kind of test for the other Terraria game, then why don't they let people download a test build of that game and try it instead?

*EDIT* In addition to everything else, the game crashed on me in the middle of an Old One's Army fight - it hasn't crashed in MONTHS, ever since I stopped it from syncing with the Steam Cloud!

Last edited:
pCuczXr.png

What's the use of even having them in the game, if that's the case? Without them, you lose a reason for grinding in the first place, and there's no way to quickly eliminate their represented enemies in order to increase your damage focus on larger enemies which you CANNOT slow down (like the ogre). I can rarely get past Wave 4 (and die next wave, regardless) thanks to the unstoppable enemies and constant restricted-player difficulty. I have a trap-field (above and below) consisting of spiky ball traps, flamethrowers, and spears (above and below, as the ceiling and floor) stretching from portal to portal! What else can I possibly do?

I agree with whoever posted previously about this whole "event" feeling too disjointed and rigid from traditional Terraria open-world and open-creation gameplay. If this was supposed to be some kind of test for the other Terraria game, then why don't they let people download a test build of that game and try it instead?
If you have a good kick in your hand, forest of traps will only make it harder.
On my expert pre-moonlord world spike balls do 1-3 damage to even basic event enemies, and only block my own hits.
Try a run or two with no traps, maybe it will let you kill mobs quicker.

Even if it is a test run for T:OW's tower defense, they won't give us anything more than spoilers.
It's all abaut 'will be done, when will be done' policy.

What's the use of even having them in the game, if that's the case? Without them, you lose a reason for grinding in the first place, and there's no way to quickly eliminate their represented enemies in order to increase your damage focus on larger enemies which you CANNOT slow down (like the ogre).
Banners used to even give no effects at all and were just for vanity purposes, I like this addition, because the victory is not depending on placing down a decoration.
I can rarely get past Wave 4 (and die next wave, regardless) thanks to the unstoppable enemies and constant restricted-player difficulty. I have a trap-field (above and below) consisting of spiky ball traps, flamethrowers, and spears (above and below, as the ceiling and floor) stretching from portal to portal! What else can I possibly do?
have you tried actually using the higher tier sentries? Those have become my key to victory.

Because T:OW is not ready for a test release in that time, and if it was, it's been promised not to release a test/beta version.

Therefore, It's very unlikely that they've made a crossover with the only reason to just use it as a 'testmode' to try out for Otherworld, I more see it as a 'win-win situation'.

What's the use of even having them in the game, if that's the case?

Banners were originally (and for almost two years) just a decorative item, and nothing else. The banner buff feature was added later.

I know that I and several other members of the team would have rather seen the banners included (even without having the banner buff) than being scrapped entirely. I've always been very into collecting monster banners, and it was one of my favorite features of 1.2. The alternative (no banners at all), seemed much worse, and so we decided to keep them, and I'm glad for it. :)

Banners were originally (and for almost two years) just a decorative item, and nothing else. The banner buff feature was added later.

I know that I and several other members of the team would have rather seen the banners included (even without having the banner buff) than being scrapped entirely. I've always been very into collecting monster banners, and it was one of my favorite features of 1.2. The alternative (no banners at all), seemed much worse, and so we decided to keep them, and I'm glad for it. :)
There's nothing like hanging a banner to honor your victory over enemy force.
You can even take the banner buff away entirely from game, i'll still hunt for trophies. :)

If you have a good kick in your hand, forest of traps will only make it harder.
What are you talking about a "kick"? Terraria characters don't kick anything

On my expert pre-moonlord world spike balls do 1-3 damage to even basic event enemies, and only block my own hits.
Try a run or two with no traps, maybe it will let you kill mobs quicker.
The LIZAHRD spiky balls slow them down, hit multiple times, and do more than a couple points of damage per hit. The entire reason I had to set up that trap corridor is because there is no way to get enough DPS on them, and since I can't build any lava pits or traps to even try to control the mobs like I can anywhere else in Terraria, there is no other way to damage them enough to even hope to survive a single pre-Moonlord Hardmode wave!

Even if it is a test run for T:OW's tower defense, they won't give us anything more than spoilers.
It's all abaut 'will be done, when will be done' policy.
That's B.S.

Banners used to even give no effects at all and were just for vanity purposes, I like this addition, because the victory is not depending on placing down a decoration.
...and I had no use for them until they did buff you against certain enemy types. Exclusion of a now-the-norm feature is not welcomed.

have you tried actually using the higher tier sentries? Those have become my key to victory.
How can I get better ones? I have already wasted too much in-game money just trying to figure out a half-decent defense against the first couple of waves, and the medal or so that drops after a couple of waves means I have practically no spending power unless I waste hours and hours (and tons of gold) in order to maybe get a single medal now and then? I have over 2100 hours logged in this game, because I enjoyed playing it up until this "event". I have to grind for 100 medals (ostensibly wasting tons of in-game Platinum coins), just so I can get a whole other medal or two every now and then? I didn't buy this game to have any type of forced grind...

I was never this pissed about the Pumpkin Moon, even though I can't finish it, because I felt I had a decently fair chance to beat it. Not so, in this case.

Because T:OW is not ready for a test release in that time, and if it was, it's been promised not to release a test/beta version.

Therefore, It's very unlikely that they've made a crossover with the only reason to just use it as a 'testmode' to try out for Otherworld, I more see it as a 'win-win situation'.
I see it as a gameplay imbalance, severe change to the overall game style, and herding of players into a specific play style which includes almost nothing of what made the rest of Terraria such a hit. Once I have enough medals for that storage vault, I'm done... if I even care to continue at this point.

Last edited:
I didn't buy this game to have any type of forced grind...

Well i got news for you, It's NOT forced! Whatsoever! This entire branch of content is ENTIRELY optional! You NEVER had to plop a crystal in a stand to progress through the game, you never even had to wake up the Tavern keeper to beat the final boss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom