1.3.4 is LIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valhalla Knight is too strong
Its not.Regen is fast,yes.But bonuses it provides are only low.Small dmg and range boost for ballista doesnt help.

Anyway,i tryed event in pre-HM,with brand new character.It seems unbeatable as melee,but it seems that 5 or so explosive traps are enough to take care of ground enemies.
UPD:5 traps to one side,5 to another,ballista in center,row of platforms,Valor,shadowscale gear,yoyo-string & counterweight,cobalt shield and 260 hp carried me through pre-HM event.One tip tho:Focus boss(t1 Dark Mage,t2 Ogre & t3 Betsy),once he is dead - you will achieve victory.
Will post once will reach t2

Last edited:
I would like to know when the Portuguese translation will be released! The game is fantastic, however, it would be much better if there was a Portuguese translation, both from portugal and from brazil! Thank you for your attention. A big hug and congratulations for the wonderful game! *-*

So I went to expert mode for some Betsy slaying, and I notice a distinct reduction in Ogre and Dark Mage drops.
Now this could be because my latest strategy involves slaughtering the enemy forces at a ridiculous rate, waves are perhaps done too soon, leaving less opportunity for the game to spawn more bosses (since they die last). But on the other hand, expert mode is supposed to make them drop items more often, right?

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has noticed the same. Meanwhile I'm going to experiment some more.

@Gotcha!, the only thing I'm aware of right now is the fact that Dark Mages and Ogres have a lower drop rate in Tier 3 than in Tier 1&2, due to the fact that you encounter significantly more of them in Tier 3. Theoretically, going from Tier 2 Normal to Tier 3 Expert, it could seem as if the drop rate per Ogre dropped, though the overall number of Ogres killed will be a good bit higher.

This should not be the case between Tier 3 Normal and Expert, however.

@Gotcha!, the only thing I'm aware of right now is the fact that Dark Mages and Ogres have a lower drop rate in Tier 3 than in Tier 1&2, due to the fact that you encounter significantly more of them in Tier 3. Theoretically, going from Tier 2 Normal to Tier 3 Expert, it could seem as if the drop rate per Ogre dropped, though the overall number of Ogres killed will be a good bit higher.

This should not be the case between Tier 3 Normal and Expert, however.
I finished all 7 waves on expert 10 times in a row though. Afterwards I finished all 7 waves 1 time in normal mode and got as many drops in that 1 go as I did in 5 expert rounds.
Either something's fishy or I have been severely unlucky. Can't rule that out I guess.
Will test more later, too tired now. :)

The Lightning Aura weapons show tripled damage numbers in their tooltips. Is that intentional? What's their actual damage?

Found the cause in main.cs (1.3.4.3 Gog version):
Code:
else if (Main.toolTip.summon)
           {
             if (Main.toolTip.type == 3829 || Main.toolTip.type == 3830 || Main.toolTip.type == 3831)
             {
               array[num4] = string.Concat((int)((Main.player[Main.myPlayer].minionDamage * (float)damage + num5) * 3f));
             }

The * 3f at the end is doing it (I think).

Last edited:
@equazcion, as I understand it, its intentional. The Lightning Aura Series Sentries do notably low direct damage compared to the other sentries, but as a result of their particular mechanics, AoE, and group damage effects, the actual resulting damage is much higher.

Their listed damage is increased to represent their actual higher functional damage (for instance, rapidly hitting a number of enemies in a large range) because that couldn't be easily portrayed in the tooltip.

They also have a bonus damage effect having to do with enemy defense which lessens damage reduction due to defense, so the lower actual damage count shouldn't be significantly more impacted by high defense counts.

Please,i beg to you,add this line to new accesories:
"Doesnt stack with similar bonuses".
Yes,its easy to guess,but RU-community is so stupid,that they believe that 4 accessories work together in event.Im not sure if they even now that limit in event is really high and you cant reach it.

@equazcion, as I understand it, its intentional. The Lightning Aura Series Sentries do notably low direct damage compared to the other sentries, but as a result of their particular mechanics, AoE, and group damage effects, the actual resulting damage is much higher.

Their listed damage is increased to represent their actual higher functional damage (for instance, rapidly hitting a number of enemies in a large range) because that couldn't be easily portrayed in the tooltip.

They also have a bonus damage effect having to do with enemy defense which lessens damage reduction due to defense, so the lower actual damage count shouldn't be significantly more impacted by high defense counts.

Thanks for the info!

For anyone interested (and to toot my own horn for figuring this out), I dug deeper and found this:
Code:
if ((this.type == 688 || this.type == 689 || this.type == 690) && Main.npc[i].type != 68 && Main.npc[i].defense < 999)
                   {
                     num8 += Main.npc[i].defense / 2;
                   }

It looks like what's happening is when a Lightning Aura is used, half the enemy's defense is added to the Aura's damage, which basically compensates completely for any enemy defense.

This means the Lightning Aura Staff, for example, at 34 damage, always does 34 damage, regardless of the enemy's defense. I did a little test run to confirm, attacking every enemy with the Aura Staff, and damage always hovered around 34, whether I was attacking Slimes or Unicorns or anything else. There would be no way to say this in a tooltip, so I get why they stated the tripled number.

Note that there's a caveat in the code to exclude Dungeon Guardians from this rule (and any other enemy above 999 defense), in case anyone thinks they've found an exploit :)

This means the Lightning Aura Staff, for example, at 34 damage, always does 34 damage, regardless of the enemy's defense. I did a little test run to confirm, attacking every enemy with the Aura Staff, and damage always hovered around 34, whether I was attacking Slimes or Unicorns or anything else. There would be no way to say this in a tooltip, so I get why they stated the tripled number.
Actually, the tooltip could just say that it ignores enemy defense.

Is Lighting Aura better in Expert then?

Does Betsy have unique Expert drops?
Dunno about the lighting aura (the weapon might be just as good, but enemies probably have more resistance to damage), but Betsy does not have unique drops in expert mode other than the bag itself. (I collect every item, so kept a few bags in storage.)
She does give extra hero medallions though.

Dunno about the lighting aura (the weapon might be just as good, but enemies probably have more resistance to damage), but Betsy does not have unique drops in expert mode other than the bag itself. (I collect every item, so kept a few bags in storage.)
She does give extra hero medallions though.
Betsy doesn't have unique drops in Expert, but its Treasure Bag gives you a Defender Medal bonus above the 60 you get from the Crystal (30-50 extra).

Betsy doesn't have unique drops in Expert, but its Treasure Bag gives you a Defender Medal bonus above the 60 you get from the Crystal (30-50 extra).
Which is basically what I said. I guess you quoted the wrong person. The crystal gives a 100 by the way, if you defeat Betsy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom