1.3.4 is LIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit torn here... I like the new items, I like the mechanics of the new event overall and as a fan and owner of this game since mid 2011, I honestly love you guys for your on-going support and any new content you offer! However, I have to agree with @wrr377 a bit. This event, while fun, feels fairly "disconnected" from the rest of the game. It's great to try and bring up new mechanics, but scrapping the old gameplay-mechanics of your own game... well, maybe not so much. DD2 seems to include the dryad fine without changing how the game plays. She just integrates well in the core gameplay and enhances it. This is, what I would consider "a great crossover". Terraria instead... well, it feels like a different gamemode within the game. I would like to have a bit more terraria feel to the new event, but without taking too much from the new mechanics. While it's not perfect and probably would need some balancing tweaks here and there, my suggestions would be:

- let the flat place requirement in place. Having to build something in a specific way to led something happen isn't a new thing to terraria, housing works kind of the same, so its not out of place. And it's the best way to start such an tower defense event for sure...

- but: I wouldn't disallow building as soon as the event starts. Its a core part of the game. You can build stuff, you can find different ways to deal with things, you can solve such situations with being a good gamer with great reflexes, with being a wise gamer and good preparations or by being creative. Or mix all of that. Your choice. This is essentially the heart of this game and it should never be taken out of it, no matter what event or whatever. And if someone is able to build an arena while protecting that crystal and fight tons of bad guys during the event, he or she probably deserves to use it. Just build in checks that there aren't any npcs allowed withing a range of the crystal and the player isn't allowed to run too far away from it and most evil exploit mechanics shouldn't be a problem anymore. :)

- banners? I don't care that much for them, however, I think, gameplay mechanics, even if they weren't "always there", should be consistent and reliable. So I would either remove that buff/debuff for all banners, or add it here

Just my 2 cents :)

in 1.3.4.3, my entire map had dissapeared, but a few pixels were still left on. Also, my spawn area will not fill in. Has anyone else had this problem?

i seen on the steam changelog that you can put the seed in for these worlds that thay showed and i was wanting to know what the seeds are with the portal and stuff like that for the dd2

oh and how do you get the new money ive killed a lot of the mobs and still cant find out how to get the new money please help

Last edited:
what is the current status of pumpkins?
[doublepost=1479525262,1479524826][/doublepost]
I watched video.Personally,i dislike this.You should play the game,not letting game complete itself.Its maybe usefull If you did 60+ times,but hey,why you need to farm it more then 10-14 times in first place?
Anyway,i would love to see events like this one.It should challenge your skills(perfect block is my best skill now,but its bad that it cant block boss attacks :( ) and not your amount of wiring stuff.

I watched video.Personally,i dislike this.You should play the game,not letting game complete itself.Its maybe usefull If you did 60+ times,but hey,why you need to farm it more then 10-14 times in first place?
Anyway,i would love to see events like this one.It should challenge your skills(perfect block is my best skill now,but its bad that it cant block boss attacks :( ) and not your amount of wiring stuff.
What if that's the way *he likes* to play the game? Why would you judge him for it? Nothing stops you from playing your own way the game.

Let's say i would hate arenas for bosses. Would that give me the right to judge people who uses them?

What if that's the way *he likes* to play the game? Why would you judge him for it? Nothing stops you from playing your own way the game.

Let's say i would hate arenas for bosses. Would that give me the right to judge people who uses them?
I think you read it wrong.As I said "I personally dislike...",It doesnt means that YOU must listen to my opinion.

Btw,i heard that items from event(besides betsy's loot) drop more frequent in normal mode,then expert mode.This is kinda strange.

I think you read it wrong.As I said "I personally dislike...",It doesnt means that YOU must listen to my opinion.

Btw,i heard that items from event(besides betsy's loot) drop more frequent in normal mode,then expert mode.This is kinda strange.
I know what you said. But this was a pointless post saying how *you* dislike the guy's work. Which was useless.

About the drop rates i wouldn't know since i don't have a lot of time lately. I'll try to see if i can coraborate your findings.

This is not the case as far as I'm aware.

Betsy has set drop rates, either from her personally or from her lootbag, so there is no variation there.

Ogres and Dark Mages are intended to drop things higher in Expert than in normal. HOWEVER, they do have lower drop rates in tier 3 than in tier 1&2. This is because they are "normal enemies" in tier 3, and you fight them much more often, while in their original tiers, they function as minibosses and you only kill a small number.

This is not the case as far as I'm aware.

Betsy has set drop rates, either from her personally or from her lootbag, so there is no variation there.

Ogres and Dark Mages are intended to drop things higher in Expert than in normal. HOWEVER, they do have lower drop rates in tier 3 than in tier 1&2. This is because they are "normal enemies" in tier 3, and you fight them much more often, while in their original tiers, they function as minibosses and you only kill a small number.
Thanks for clarifing it out :)

Maybe the ground you spawn the event on is.. weird somehow. Do you have a screenshot of the area?
It works again, but I can show a screenshot
Capture 2016-11-19 09_30_09.png

Short question: Did I miss any update to rain spawns? There's hardly anything spawning during rain, except the occasional flying fish. I met one umbrella slime. No walking goldfish at all. No raincoat zombies either. One Nimbus cloud.

Short question: Did I miss any update to rain spawns? There's hardly anything spawning during rain, except the occasional flying fish. I met one umbrella slime. No walking goldfish at all. No raincoat zombies either. One Nimbus cloud.

I'm not aware of any changes to rain spawns, and they've been spawning normally on my end.

Walking goldfish are more likely to be seen near your NPCs, while other enemies are more likely to be seen away from the NPCs. Needless to say, Raincoat Zombies only show up at night.

BREAKING NEWS,FOLKS!
I found a with enchanted sword in SMALL world.Its super rare,so here is the seed:
Small World
Go to left past evil biome,locate the hope and get to da shrine :)
EDIT:
I created world with this seed and now there is no shrine :(
I cant give world either,since its already looted.
Hope devs will fix that one :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom