PS4 1.3.4 Tavernkeep Glitch

Spir!t

Terrarian
So after the newest console update, I had found the new npc and talked to him. Sadly he drowned shortly after. It has been a long time since he has respawned and I don’t think he is coming back.
Any Fixes?

So after the newest console update, I had found the new npc and talked to him. Sadly he drowned shortly after. It has been a long time since he has respawned and I don’t think he is coming back.
Any Fixes?
Hi @fullyclean, welcome to the forums. :)

If you’ve talked with the Tavernkeep and then he dies, he should respawn and move in. Do you have an empty valid house for him? Are you waiting on any other NPCs to move in (that might come before him)?

Hi @fullyclean, welcome to the forums. :)

If you’ve talked with the Tavernkeep and then he dies, he should respawn and move in. Do you have an empty valid house for him? Are you waiting on any other NPCs to move in (that might come before him)?
No one else is in the npc queue, and there is 2 free houses for him. Still no respawn.

No one else is in the npc queue, and there is 2 free houses for him. Still no respawn.
Good to hear that you’ve got houses ready. :) Have you used the housing menu on the two houses lately to make sure they are still valid? Sometimes encroaching corruption/crimson (that you can’t see yet) can invalidate a house. Also, do you have any events going on such as rain, pirates, pillars, etc?

Good to hear that you’ve got houses ready. :) Have you used the housing menu on the two houses lately to make sure they are still valid? Sometimes encroaching corruption/crimson (that you can’t see yet) can invalidate a house. Also, do you have any events going on such as rain, pirates, pillars, etc?
All of the houses are valid, and there have been no events except for a party.

Same hear my tavernkeep wont respawn either and I have 5 houses available and no one needs to move in

Last edited:
Any Fixes?
I've also had this happen too recently and hes not on the list even though I have talked to him already and bought some stuff. Unfortuneatly Moon Lord wrecked him bad lol but yeah since then 5 to 7 in game days later hes not returned. I feel like it is a minor bug in the game. Im sure he would come back in a different server but it wouldnt entirely solve the issue at hand. However I have reported this to the developers from one of the links below I saw someone provided below to hopefully solve this issue. Heres hoping it will be patched soon. Theres usually bound to have a minor bug happen at times of new updates so this must be something it just happened to be affected by. Until then hang tight Im sure they will patch it with an update.

I have a theory. Maybe he doesn’t respawn in worlds before 1.3.4 since that world isn’t compatible...

I have the same problem, I found the Tavernkeeper cavern level, talk to him and he got killed by a monster and never re spawn the only difference is that I did not have a house for him to move in. But I all ready build a suitable house for him but nothing... if I find and answer i’ll post it.. please help us

I have the same problem, I found the Tavernkeeper cavern level, talk to him and he got killed by a monster and never re spawn the only difference is that I did not have a house for him to move in. But I all ready build a suitable house for him but nothing... if I find and answer i’ll post it.. please help us
If you are up for it, just move worlds. It the only fix that I know of.

Back
Top Bottom