Switch [1.3.5] Crash Wall

DragonBC3

Terrarian
I noticed that everytime I travel to the right world edge that the game crashes and pulls me from the game back to the home screen on the Nintendo Switch. The Error message says "The software closed due to an error occurred." This happens 100% of the time on Large Size worlds. I am unsure if this happens in the underground as I never tested it but can this please be looked at and patched. I did make a bug report earlier as well because this needs to be fixed.

20200522_170104.jpg

Edit: If you are zoomed out completely you'll should not have this issue.

Last edited:
I noticed that everytime I travel to the right world edge that the game crashes and pulls me from the game back to the home screen on the Nintendo Switch. The Error message says "The software closed due to an error occurred." This happens 100% of the time on Large Size worlds. I am unsure if this happens in the underground as I never tested it but can this please be looked at and patched. I did make a bug report earlier as well because this needs to be fixed.

View attachment 273110

Edit: If you are zoomed out completely you'll should not have this issue.
Hi there @DragonBC3, on large Switch worlds there is a problem with the right ocean causing a crash. It was hopefully fixed with this new 1.3.5 update, but like you mentioned there are others still experiencing this crash. Thanks for sharing that it's still happening with your world. And also, like you mentioned, one workaround is that if you zoom all the way out, the game will let you approach the right ocean.

Hi there @DragonBC3, on large Switch worlds there is a problem with the right ocean causing a crash. It was hopefully fixed with this new 1.3.5 update, but like you mentioned there are others still experiencing this crash. Thanks for sharing that it's still happening with your world. And also, like you mentioned, one workaround is that if you zoom all the way out, the game will let you approach the right ocean.

Yeah I just found that workaround playing earlier. Hope we can get this patched soon though, which I understand developers are doing what they can.

Yeah I just found that workaround playing earlier. Hope we can get this patched soon though, which I understand developers are doing what they can.
Yeah, it's a tough one. It was 100% fixed in the dev kits (the console kits used to test updates), but for whatever reason when the update goes out to the public in release form it acts differently and it's still happening.

Back
Top Bottom