Linux 1.3.5 Holding spacebar issue

Thunderstud

Terrarian
i am on ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

after the update when i hold down the spacebar the game thinks im pressing and leting it go really fast. So i cant use my sandstorm in a bottle;

giphy.gif

(this is me holding the spacebar)

English not my first language.

Last edited:
i am on ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

after the update when i hold down the spacebar the game thinks im pressing and leting it go really fast. So i cant use my sandstorm in a bottle;

(Removed)
(this is me holding the spacebar)

English not my language.

Could you try removing the profile.json file and let it rebind? Wondering if that would resolve it.

Could you try removing the profile.json file and let it rebind? Wondering if that would resolve it.

Just tried but it didnt fix.

Also this problem extends to the direcitonal keys, when i try to walk with the shield of cthulhu i keep dashing.

giphy.gif

(I am just holding a or d)

Just tried but it didnt fix.

Also this problem extends to the direcitonal keys, when i try to walk with the shield of cthulhu i keep dashing.

giphy.gif

(I am just holding a or d)

Not familiar with Linux, perhaps there is someone that can figure out if there are any settings that linux uses that need to be changed to make it think its being held and not pressed.

@Leinfors

@Thunderstud, try going into your Settings, go into Video, and change the Frameskip option to either On or Subtle (you can try both to see what works best for you). Let me know if that helps things.

Video.png

The following worked with me:
Code:
xset r off
I entered that into Terminal while Terraria was running.
I found a workaround: When I turn off key repeat globally (i.e. for the X session), I can play fine:
xset r off
It did reset though after changing the world and the characters, but after entering the command in the shell again, key repeat stayed off.

It is not a perfect solution, but it works.
Sadly that is a global change, and now holding down i.e. backspace won't autorepeat in other programs (until I write `xset r on`). In Terraria, however, holding backspace down will autorepeat and that suggests that Terraria handles that itself. Perhaps the final solution would be to somehow disable autorepeat for Terraria only.

Game Version: Terrraria 1.3.5.3

Back
Top Bottom