PS4 [1.3.5] Painted Blocks are Translucent

Cole_McGuilt

Terrarian
So anyway, I was minding my own business when I apparently updated Terraria on my PS4, then when I got in my world, the blocks which are painted became Translucent. I don't know if it's a bug or what, but it's throwing me off because I don't know which blocks aee actuated and whatnot, and also it looks weird when I build (I use paint most of the time)
20200403_211027.jpg

Same problem on my PS4 since 1.3.5 update. Another problem with paint that I have is that, some colors are swapped or totally wrong on map. For example white painted blocks appear black on map and viceversa. Some of my buildings look weird now when I open the map.

So anyway, I was minding my own business when I apparently updated Terraria on my PS4, then when I got in my world, the blocks which are painted became Translucent. I don't know if it's a bug or what, but it's throwing me off because I don't know which blocks aee actuated and whatnot, and also it looks weird when I build (I use paint most of the time)
View attachment 252497
Same problem on my PS4 since 1.3.5 update. Another problem with paint that I have is that, some colors are swapped or totally wrong on map. For example white painted blocks appear black on map and viceversa. Some of my buildings look weird now when I open the map.
Hi @Cole_McGuilt and @Phemt666 - when you have a moment, I suggest sending in as much info about this as possible, including screenshots and identifying exact colors, to Pipeworks, the console developers here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

I made a thread talking about the same issue, only for the xbox one, i wasnt aware of this thread. This glitch appears to happen with every paint on every block.

Ive also experienced this the block turns translucent with paint on it then if you put walls behind it it appears to become "highlighted" and glow.

Attachments

• PS_Messages_20200405_112919.jpg
    PS_Messages_20200405_112919.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 151
Took some screenshots to show how the paints looks now, making blocks translucent:
In game.jpg

And how different they appear on the map:
Map.jpg

@Cole_McGuilt @Phemt666 @Aliasengine @S.RoyaltyArtz

Thanks for sharing all the info. Pipeworks is aware of the painting glitch and it working on a fix. No news on when the fix may be released though. I'm not sure if they will do a hot fix or combine it with whatever is the next update.

Also, thanks for the great screenshot Phemt666.

Last edited:
@Cole_McGuilt @Phemt666 @Aliasengine @S.RoyaltyArtz

Thanks for sharing all the info. Pipeworks is aware of the painting glitch and it working on a fix. No news on when the fix may be released though. I'm not sure if they will do a hot fix or combine it with whatever is the next update.

Also, thanks for the great screenshot Phemt666.
I agree Phemt666 provided a great screenshot. Also though im excited for the final update(and a little sad) and im happy they're pushing to have it earlier i am a bit disappointed ill have to wait a month or two for a patch. I had just begun working on my building skills. Though if patience is needed i shall provide it.

Attachments

• PS_Messages_20200408_141250.jpg
    PS_Messages_20200408_141250.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 143
how many people are experiencing this bug? if it's not everyone how is it only affecting certain people? how does that even work? it seems like a pretty big bug to have to deal with for months before the next update.

how many people are experiencing this bug? if it's not everyone how is it only affecting certain people? how does that even work? it seems like a pretty big bug to have to deal with for months before the next update.
Several other players whos worlds I've joined have stuff like their pixel art and builds messed up even my current massive building project has been mostly postponed in several if not all sections of the build. I can't work detail without the paint.

With the new update of May they fixed the translucent issue with paint, and I'm glad of that. But the paint colors shown on map are still wrong. Is Pipeworks aware of this problem too?

Back
Top Bottom