Standalone [1.4.4] Terrasavr, web-based inventory editor

I think I have figured out what the unknown int32 after the extra accessory bool is used for. I think it stores the amount of gold the player has retrieved from the Tax Collector. This is currently just a theory, and don't currently have the means of verifying it because the Tax Collector is a hardmode NPC. I don't see where it could be stored otherwise, as the second largest unknown area is only 2 bytes (after the hide accessory bitmask). I would be glad if someone could verify this for me.
It is - I've published the player format reader+writer source a few pages ago in this topic: https://gist.github.com/YellowAfterlife/ced985a0d2f770c37b07

It is - I've published the player format reader+writer source a few pages ago in this topic: https://gist.github.com/YellowAfterlife/ced985a0d2f770c37b07
Oh, I didn't notice your message since it is was on another page. I have already edited my comment, verifying the theory. Thanks anyways. If you know what the 2 unknown values I mentioned are, please inform me.

EDIT: I have figured out the 2nd byte of the 2-byte block. It is the bitmask for hiding visuals of misc. accessories. And after reviewing you code, it seems you have figured that out also.

Last edited:
I'm curious why it saves total taxes collected. Maybe some sort of botched achievement?
The 4th note on the wiki (http://terraria.wiki.gg/Tax_Collector#Notes) states that is is stored because of multiplayer, but I am not sure how that works exactly.
I believe that this is for the sake of simplicity - if tax money amounts were to be stored per-world, they would not work too well with Terraria's non-unique player names. The current way, on other hand, warrants that everyone gets their own coins, and it carries between the worlds too (which makes little sense, but is okay).
hi um the stardust hammer,drill,axe,chainsaw are missing when you have the other versions just letting you know @YellowAfterlife
They are not officially added. Hacking them in causes them to disappear.
Truth to be told, I haven't checked if those do work - they were on the item list provided by the game, so I've added them into the according categories. The game still decides whether and how to load anything. Will remove them in the next update if they'll prove to be completely unobtainable.

I love it. It's brilliant.
I have used it 5 or 6 times now, but I recently decided to create a new character.
I accidentally clicked the Move to Cloud button, but i decided to leave it on.
I tried using Terrasavr, but the character file wasn't there, so I went back into the game and moved the character off of the cloud.
I went back to Terrasavr and the file was there again, but when I tried to load it, an error came up in red text that states:

Failed to load profile. The error was Invalid key size. Key size needs to be either 128, 192 or 256 bits.
Was it a valid file?

I'm not sure if you've addressed this issue before, I'm sorry if you have. I hope I haven't caused anything.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I love it. It's brilliant.
I have used it 5 or 6 times now, but I recently decided to create a new character.
I accidentally clicked the Move to Cloud button, but i decided to leave it on.
I tried using Terrasavr, but the character file wasn't there, so I went back into the game and moved the character off of the cloud.
I went back to Terrasavr and the file was there again, but when I tried to load it, an error came up in red text that states:

Failed to load profile. The error was Invalid key size. Key size needs to be either 128, 192 or 256 bits.
Was it a valid file?

I'm not sure if you've addressed this issue before, I'm sorry if you have. I hope I haven't caused anything.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not sure about how exactly, but to put it shortly the HTML5 version on itch.io was semi-broken. Could be that it got rolled back to an earlier version during the recent incident with Google Cloud Storage. I've reuploaded both versions just to be sure.

Nterraria or other terraria mod?
tAPIbara can load tAPI character files.
I've answered this in depth before, but basically it's lots of work to add support for new mods at the moment so I'm not going to be doing that until I'll make the program more adapted to supporting multiple formats at once.

Also, if anyone asks, yes, my site is down again and the issue is being looked into. Some sort of tendency that something has to break in the middle of the last weekend of a month.

I'm not sure about how exactly, but to put it shortly the HTML5 version on itch.io was semi-broken. Could be that it got rolled back to an earlier version during the recent incident with Google Cloud Storage. I've reuploaded both versions just to be sure.

tAPIbara can load tAPI character files.
I've answered this in depth before, but basically it's lots of work to add support for new mods at the moment so I'm not going to be doing that until I'll make the program more adapted to supporting multiple formats at once.

Also, if anyone asks, yes, my site is down again and the issue is being looked into. Some sort of tendency that something has to break in the middle of the last weekend of a month.

I was asking that because I tried to load my NTerraria char which didn't work and threw the same error.

Alas, the only information stored is what item it is (ID), how much there is (quantity), and the prefix.

However, that can be done via plugins, and I've made a plugin for TerraPatcher.
So you would run the program to patch Terraria.exe with plugin support (you probably want to untick everything but "plugin support" and clear the "persistent buff" list), then you would drop the plugin source file,
https://gist.github.com/YellowAfterlife/1edaa4060191823ee366 (click "View Raw" and save-as)
to the Terraria/Plugins (TerrariaPatcher should make that directory)
and then you can make a "ItemConf.ini" (if you don't, a empty one will be made on game start) and add stuff like this to it
Code:
[item426]
name=Breaker Blade Plus
damage=78
usetime=20
scale=1.3
knockback=12
(426 is Breaker Blade' item ID, you can find them on wiki or Terranion)

Can you further explain a bit on the whole "ItemConf.ini" thing because I'm a little lost on how to and where to create it

Can you further explain a bit on the whole "ItemConf.ini" thing because I'm a little lost on how to and where to create it
First, you save the linked snippet of code as "ItemConf.cs" into the "Plugins" directory (made by Terrapatcher).
Then, after running the game, you should have it like
.../Terraria/Terraria.exe (a patched game executable)
.../Terraria/Plugins/ItemConf.cs (a file containing the code posted)
.../Terraria/Plugins/ItemConf.ini (a file containing item data)
Then you edit ItemConf.ini.

I keep wanting to expand that mini-plugin a little (and make a proper tutorial on how to use it), but these are some busy times for me.

Back
Top Bottom