Standalone [1.4.4] Terrasavr, web-based inventory editor

Still the issue of the armor listings being missing for some reason. But I guess that will get sorted out with the full 1.3 update.

Odd, I found the armour items index easily enough. For a 5char player name, armour items start at byte index 90.
The byte before the style one is for the pet and light-pet visibility toggle (index 46 for the same player, 47 being style/'gender'). That's also most of the way to understanding the 5 new inventory slots, and 5 dye slots next to them. Ingame they're seen by clicking Equipment, near where Housing is/was.

I guess grappling hooks have to go in that dedicated slot now, for the achievement trigger.

Last edited:
Hello @YellowAfterlife, There is an additional equipment slot from a treasure bag. I don't know if that needs to be considered. Thanks again for your work!

I'm still working on that -- while the format is more or less known now, I've ran into some problems with supporting new slots without breaking compatibility with older versions. Should be within 7 or so hours from now in a good case.

http://terraria.wiki.gg/Treasure_Bag

Doesn't look like it's actually an item storage mechanism, just a buff-granting item that can be stacked. Don't think it has any impact on the player file format.

edit: Yellow, I presume you found the extra equipment chunk was that 50 bytes after the usual inventory, before the bank. But they also have the dyes slotted within the block, rather than on their own & adjacent as how the prior dyes were.
I still have 20+8+5+20+10+13 bytes of unknown stuff to work out.

Any idea what the gaps are?

After game_version index: 4
?
Before name index: 24
After name index: 33
After hair_dye index: 39
?
Before hide_visual index: 47
After hide_pets index: 49
?
Before style index: 50
After mana max index: 67
?
Before hair index: 72
After social_accessories index: 173
?
Before dyes index: 193
After dyes index: 233
Before inventory index: 243
Before worlds index: 1769
After end of worlds index: 1794
After _is_hotbar_locked index: 1795
?
Before angler_quests_finished index: 1808
End of file?: 1812 True

Save and load real player success: True

Last edited:
I was once told that the fastest way to learn what something does is to break it.

I don't know a lot about coding, but I told BinaryConstruct this, and now I'm going to tell y'all this:

1. Make new character. (For BC, a new world)
  2. Insert random values into fields you don't know what does.
  3. ...
  4. Profit.

And by Profit, I mean: You find out what that field does!

That or I'm completely crazy. Maybe both.

EDIT: You will replace TSGE in my heart... :nursepassionate:

EDIT: You will replace TSGE in my heart... :nursepassionate:
terrasavr is better anyway. i'd rather wait a day(or whenever, no pressure) for yellow to get it done than install tsge even if it wasn't dead. I like the online thing vs having to install and keep up to date, and this one's ability to move items between slots is nice. and it does item search by both id and text(not just 1st letter, text match) (also this has categories once those get updated) better features. :happy: you'll like it here

/typos

Last edited:
terrasavr is better anyway. i'd wait a day(or whenever, no pressure) for yellow to get it done than install tsge even if it wasn't dead. I like the online thing and this one's ability to move items between slots is nice. also item search by text(not just 1st letter) and id(also this has categories once those get updated) :happy: you'll like it here
TSGE is gonna get pirated, anyway. Just a matter of time.

Lets not talk about that here and just sit back, relax, and click on the Ads on yellow's site so he earns money and can keep giving this out for free....

:dryadhappy:

Hello @YellowAfterlife, There is an additional equipment slot from a treasure bag. I don't know if that needs to be considered. Thanks again for your work!

http://terraria.wiki.gg/Treasure_Bag

Doesn't look like it's actually an item storage mechanism,[snip]
think he means the demonheart. you get it from a treasurebag and it adds one accessory slot to your character while in expert mode worlds

edit--i butchered that quote somehow

Last edited:
Not to sound rude or anything, But after you finish the format things, how long until we get proper categorys on the new stuff?

TSGE is gonna get pirated, anyway. Just a matter of time.
I was going to say that "pirated" is probably not a word since it's open-source and author just isn't updating the thing but now looked at the repository, and... whoa. Whoa. Given that I'm writing this at 4AM, I feel like the following GIF should express my feelings more or less precisely:
Iw52Qgi.gif

Lets not talk about that here and just sit back, relax, and click on the Ads on yellow's site so he earns money and can keep giving this out for free....

:dryadhappy:
Specifically clicking ads is quite less needed actually - it's the fact of viewing (not blocking) ads that matters.
According to stats that I have currently only about 1/4 of visitors are shown ads, be that from not having an ad blocker, or from whitelisting the site.
In the end, the slowly accumulating revenue is still sufficient to justify updating the program, but such mentality of people worries me.

Not to sound rude or anything, But after you finish the format things, how long until we get proper categorys on the new stuff?
Given that 1.3 has added 850 new items, adding "proper categories" is a pretty huge amount of manual work.
Over the time I have implemented various measures to help the user while waiting in this exact situation:
* There is the "index" category, which contains every single item existing.
* You can search in item descriptions by adding a dot in the beginning of the search query, like this: http://yal.cc/r/terrasavr/?q=.head (each armor piece and accessory mentions it's purpose in the description)
* You can look up the desired item in Terranion (here's the auto-category with all 1.3 items) and then type the name in Terrasavr search to get the actual item.
* You can arrange your commonly needed items into an inventory section, save it, and then load it as a category later (all using the small buttons on the bottom of the program).
I'd ultimately want to have shared categories between Terrasavr and Terranion but that is rather hard to implement quickly due to functional differences between programs.

On other notes, the program now properly supports saving and loading 1.3.x characters.
Everything should be loaded and saved correctly, but I highly encourage to make backups, as loading and saving mechanisms were remade almost entirely.
Will add a tab with 1.3-specific item slots tomorrow (items currently stored in those are safe - just not shown in the program).

Technically he is updating it, but now it's behind a paywall. An action that's gotten his threads locked here and on TO.

Any news on getting existing characters to work?

Not sure why the HTML5 version makes my computer hum really loud. Same thing with the flash version. Also, I made an exception in adblocker for the site, but the ads don't show up. Not sure if related.

Not sure why the HTML5 version makes my computer hum really loud. Same thing with the flash version. Also, I made an exception in adblocker for the site, but the ads don't show up. Not sure if related.
If you have script-block, make sure you allow yal.cc.

Which browser are you using? (i managed to get it working in chrome and firefox)

Back
Top Bottom