Standalone [1.4.4] Terrasavr, web-based inventory editor

Terrasavr is a web-based inventory and profile editor.
Being web-based means that you don't have to download it, and it will work for PC/Mac/Linux flawlessly.

If you'd like to take a look without further ado, here goes:

LAUNCH TERRASAVR
Alternative version (if that doesn't work).

(also check out my blog or Twitter. I make games and other things.)

If something doesn't work, always try Flash version first.

• To search in item descriptions instead of titles, add a dot "." in start of search phrase.
  • You can start the program with search open (for quick reference/linking) by adding "?q=name" into end of URL. For example, http://yal.cc/r/terrasavr/?q=lights
  • You can search in item descriptions by adding a dot "." in the start of search query
  • Holding left mouse button allows to pick a stack of items from library shelf (similar to how right mouse button works in actual game)
Terrasavr is intended to be an online application (to be able to serve updates as soon as they appear), but if you absolutely need an offline version, you can download the SWF from Flash version and run that locally with your browser of choice (or Flash Player).
If application does not run, or does not seem to have any effect, try the following steps in order:

1. If page appears blank or characters do not load, step 4 is to be taken first instead.
    It's also worth pointing out that program will not work correctly in Internet Explorer versions below 10.
  2. Ensure that you do not have character open in the game, or game set at character selection screen.
  3. Verify that you are using application correctly (see video in first spoiler).
  4. Try Flash-based version, http://yal.cc/r/terrasavr/fl/
  5. Try running application in a different browser.
  6. Try saving the output file under a different name and then copying it over the source file. If that fails, ensure that you have no other programs working with file at the moment.
  7. Verify that you are actually changing the correct files (and not ones from other user account, for example).
  8. If nothing worked after these, leave a detailed reply, or (better) a short video-capture of steps taken.

In short, it's a stylish editor which works right in browser. Looks like this (357K GIF @ IMGUR):

5B7KG01.gif

You can tweak stats, change colours, manage items, change prefixes...

To make decisions easier, Terrasavr will also display full information about items upon hover:

MTqTxox.gif

Also you can search for items. This works nicely and there's pagination:

vYumFdz.gif

Of course, sometimes it's hard to remember everything, so there's also a "library" of commonly needed item sets:

qEvlkO8.gif

So one could say that it's pretty good, right?

Logical points

A list of things that I thought you may want to know:

• Despite being web-based, program does not involve uploading or downloading files to/from a server - as soon as the page is loaded, there's no further interaction with server. This also means that program will work offline if page is cached.
  • Program is backwards compatible - for earlier versions of game format is kept intact, meaning that loading and saving a 1.2.0 profile would keep it 1.2.0-compatible.
  • While program will do it's best to not break anything, I suggest to make backups of profiles at least once in a while.
  • The one and primary requirement of program is a modern browser. This covers most browsers released in past year or so. Program may also work in certain mobile browsers like Chrome for Android. Don't expect it to load profiles from mobile version though.
The future

Things I currently plan to introduce later on
  • Either color wheels or color ramps for setting character colors.
  • More item collections to choose from.
C&C are welcome.

Have a nice day!
it does not work for me:(

Any news on getting existing characters to work?
Announcement on that was in the post right above yours, just in case.
Not sure why the HTML5 version makes my computer hum really loud. Same thing with the flash version. Also, I made an exception in adblocker for the site, but the ads don't show up. Not sure if related.
Both versions use software rendering, so the bigger the browser window is, the more CPU it uses. I need to fix that sometime.

@YellowAfterlife is it ok to ask why make frequent backups?
Because I rolled out the update at 4AM and that means that things may not work perfectly.
it does not work for me:(
Can you be more precise?

Announcement on that was in the post right above yours, just in case.

Both versions use software rendering, so the bigger the browser window is, the more CPU it uses. I need to fix that sometime.

Because I rolled out the update at 4AM and that means that things may not work perfectly.

Can you be more precise?
sorry but it works now, i did choose wrong character, but sometimes it does not work, do i need to restart terraria?

Last edited:
sometimes it does not work, do i need to restart terraria?
You mean the website doesn't load (could be your net) or the editor does appear but gives you an error message?

I'm going to unofficially suggest you don't have Terraria running while you plan to edit a char. So:
Make/open your target-for-editing char in Terraria (this ensures the player file is in the latest format);
exit Terraria;
Open Terrasavr, load the player file, edit, save file;
Open edited char in Terraria.

Technically I think you need only return to the Terraria starting menu, rather than exiting the game.

You mean the website doesn't load (could be your net) or the editor does appear but gives you an error message?

I'm going to unofficially suggest you don't have Terraria running while you plan to edit a char. So:
Make/open your target-for-editing char in Terraria (this ensures the player file is in the latest format);
exit Terraria;
Open Terrasavr, load the player file, edit, save file;
Open edited char in Terraria.

Technically I think you need only return to the Terraria starting menu, rather than exiting the game.
oh ok thanks

@YellowAfterlife, (edited question after more testing) : am I right in saying the byte after the old toggle-visibility-of-equipt-items is one that's for toggle-visibility-of-demon-heart-slot, and the 1 byte after this is for pet & light pet slots visibility?

I believe the bool of whether a player has used a Demon Heart is stored after the mana max int.

Looks like the slot made available by using a Demon Heart is found right after the other accessories item data. Which moves down my index for the vanity and social accessories, and then leaves me with 15 unknown bytes afterwards rather than 20. 5 of which then being the unlocked social accessory slot. Can you easily c/d?

Last edited:
Well I cant seem to change the .plr file because instead of changing the .plr it gives me an inventory file

My question is how do I put the inventory file into the .plr

(if you have a app you use can I get a link)

Well I cant seem to change the .plr file because instead of changing the .plr it gives me an inventory file

My question is how do I put the inventory file into the .plr

(if you have a app you use can I get a link)
You need to use the buttons on top of the program (which load/save player), not at the bottom (which load/save separate tabs for fast swapping).

Looks to me like there's data fields for a 7th accessory, social accessory, and accompanying dye slot entry.
It's position in the file makes it a logical assumption that it should be an second extra accessory slot, but in my experience changing the value mostly only leads to the game crashing on world load. Perhaps it was put off until later or something.
Otherwise I find it slightly harder to verify your points since I load data sequentially rather than using offsets.

You remember when you said go to Terraria then characters? The Character files isnt there for me. Is there another way to locate them or could anyone ive me a specific location?

Back
Top Bottom