Standalone [1.4.4] Terrasavr, web-based inventory editor

YellowAfterlife

Official Terrarian
Terrasavr is a web-based inventory and profile editor.
Being web-based means that you don't have to download it, and it will work for PC/Mac/Linux flawlessly.

If you'd like to take a look without further ado, here goes:

LAUNCH TERRASAVR
Alternative version (if that doesn't work).

Terrasavr beta (work-in-progress, mobile-friendlier)

(also check out my blog or Twitter. I make games and other things.)

• To search in item descriptions instead of titles, add a dot "." in start of search phrase.
  • You can start the program with search open (for quick reference/linking) by adding "?q=name" into end of URL. For example, Terrasavr
  • You can search in item descriptions by adding a dot "." in the start of search query
  • Holding left mouse button allows to pick a stack of items from library shelf (similar to how right mouse button works in actual game)
You can download a version of Terrasavr for offline use from itch.io.
If application does not run, or does not seem to have any effect, try the following steps in order:

1. If page appears blank or characters do not load, step 4 is to be taken first instead.
    It's also worth pointing out that program will not work correctly in Internet Explorer versions below 10.
  2. Ensure that you do not have character open in the game, or game set at character selection screen.
  3. Verify that you are using application correctly (see video in first spoiler).
  4. Try running application in a different browser.
  5. Try saving the output file under a different name and then copying it over the source file. If that fails, ensure that you have no other programs working with file at the moment.
  6. Verify that you are actually changing the correct files (and not ones from other user account, for example).
  7. If nothing worked after these, leave a detailed reply, or (better) a short video-capture of steps taken.

In short, it's a stylish editor which works right in browser. Looks like this (357K GIF @ IMGUR):

5B7KG01.gif

You can tweak stats, change colours, manage items, change prefixes...

To make decisions easier, Terrasavr will also display full information about items upon hover:

MTqTxox.gif

Also you can search for items. This works nicely and there's pagination:

vYumFdz.gif

Of course, sometimes it's hard to remember everything, so there's also a "library" of commonly needed item sets:

qEvlkO8.gif

So one could say that it's pretty good, right?

Logical points

A list of things that I thought you may want to know:

• Despite being web-based, program does not involve uploading or downloading files to/from a server - as soon as the page is loaded, there's no further interaction with server. This also means that program will work offline if page is cached.
  • Program is backwards compatible - for earlier versions of game format is kept intact, meaning that loading and saving a 1.2.0 profile would keep it 1.2.0-compatible.
  • While program will do it's best to not break anything, I suggest to make backups of profiles at least once in a while.
  • The one and primary requirement of program is a modern browser. This covers most browsers released in past year or so. Program may also work in certain mobile browsers like Chrome for Android. Don't expect it to load profiles from mobile version though.
The future

Things I currently plan to introduce later on
  • Either color wheels or color ramps for setting character colors.
  • More item collections to choose from.
C&C are welcome.

Have a nice day!

Last edited:
any chance you could add in a way to make an item that would have custom stats but just use some generic item no one uses as the image, like maybe use the wooden shortsword or something? or make it so the player can pick what to edit, or something like that?

Glad to see you migrating over to here.
Thanks! It looks nice here.
any chance you could add in a way to make an item that would have custom stats but just use some generic item no one uses as the image, like maybe use the wooden shortsword or something? or make it so the player can pick what to edit, or something like that?
There's currently a very limited list of things that you can do with Terraria profile files.
Essentially, each item is represented by 3 numbers - it's item index, it's quantity (unless it's an item in armor/accessory slot), and it's modifier index.
So... yeah, unless developers of Terraria change the format in future to allow storing more information about items, there's not a lot that an editor can do.
You can still do some interesting things though, like giving modifiers to armor or bullets.

Glad to see you made the move to the new forums! This is an invaluable tool for fun maps.
Hey, thanks! If there are any item collections that could be included in library for easier search, do tell.

Also, can someone notify me (by posting a message here or mentioning me on Twitter) once the new version will be out (so that I can get to updating the program)? I currently have a fair of work to do, which makes keeping up with forums very problematic.

Hey, thanks! If there are any item collections that could be included in library for easier search, do tell.

Also, can someone notify me (by posting a message here or mentioning me on Twitter) once the new version will be out (so that I can get to updating the program)? I currently have a fair of work to do, which makes keeping up with forums very problematic.
I'll notify you, but it will probably be a while before the new update drops.

Would it be possible for you to make it to where we can make our own libraries?

Last edited:
I'll notify you, but it will probably be a while before the new update drops.

Would it be possible for you to make it to where we can make our own libraries?
Hey, sorry, I managed to completely overlook the question somehow. I'll add some method for loading libraries in next update. Currently it's only possible to save/load "tab" contents (via buttons on the bottom of screen), which can be used to append sets of items into inventory.

In other news,

Program has been updated. This is quite possibly the largest "content" update so far:
74WJXp4.png

• Fixed several items (most noteably, two boreal tools) missing an icon.
  • Added 1.2.4 wings (fin & Fishron) into Accessories - Wings.
  • Added 4 more accessory categories (Defensive, Offensive, Mobility, Technical)
  • Added a Weapons category! Includes everything (I think).
  • Main (HTML5) version should now automatically re-download when there's an update and stop redownloading on each visit for some people.
  • Page now correctly displays scrollbars if the program doesn't quite fit in the window.
Plans for near future:
  • Possibly a separate "armor" category (currently you need to look in Materials for them)
  • Making (and, possibly, sharing) custom libraries (not 100% decided on how this will work yet).

Just a bit of a heads up, I noticed that glass chests aren't in the Glass category under Theme. It's available via search, but not in the category itself with other glass items. Great tool, by the way!

EDIT:
Also, the Spectre Mask isn't in the Shroomite & Ectoplasm category under Hardmode. Hope this helps to improve it.

Last edited:
Update.
2RymAdh.png

• Added missing items to Ectoplasm, Frost, Glass, Boreal, Cactus, Honey categories.
  • You can now load your tab item files as libraries (see "Load library" button on bottom of screen).

Do you think you could add compatibility for tapi?
It has nothing that makes it incompatible with any specific mod, unless they alter the save file format.
Displaying items from user-created mods is a trouble though, since I would need to include the graphics for any applicable mod, and then guess the IDs for items.

I first said you are great with your EDITOR, now more better because I didn't saw you don't have to download this. I might use it in 1.3 (maybe).

It has nothing that makes it incompatible with any specific mod, unless they alter the save file format.
Displaying items from user-created mods is a trouble though, since I would need to include the graphics for any applicable mod, and then guess the IDs for items.
It changes the save format.

Woohoo, great tool!
Thanks! Try to link to the program's page itself (yal.cc/r/terrasavr) rather than SWF file on your blog though. Visiting the SWF file location will launch a download/save-as for a fair of people, and that kind of defeats the purpose.
So do you think you could add support for tapi? Didn't get a reply from my last post.
I haven't decided on this yet. It is most likely possible, but so far I haven't seen any documentation on file format anywhere, and it would take some hours to research->implement separate format and some kind of switch to allow selecting the format.
Another question of concern is, as I have mentioned, that it would not be possible to display any information about user-created items, and why the heck would you want to use TAPI if not for user-created mods... it would make sense to make a TAPI mod with inventory editor, but that's an even larger time investment than expanding the web version and taking the blame for it "not being cool enough".
Hard decisions.

Back
Top Bottom