Standalone [1.4.4] Terrasavr, web-based inventory editor

If you are playing mods in the game, there are mod tools and no need for the vanilla inventory editor. For vanilla players, this is probably the best editor to date.

As a vanilla player, i can say it's best choice for inventory modding.
It's kinda weird to use it through browser, but cool!

Sorry if this is dead but I’d like to let you know your save editor currently works with the new mobile updates save files.

With this in mind are you thinking about making the website work better on mobile?

Also I was looking at writing my own personal terraria save editor using Pythonista on mobile. But I can’t figure out how to parse data from the .plr file. What’s the format? Do you have any advice?

Sorry if this is dead but I’d like to let you know your save editor currently works with the new mobile updates save files.

With this in mind are you thinking about making the website work better on mobile?

Also I was looking at writing my own personal terraria save editor using Pythonista on mobile. But I can’t figure out how to parse data from the .plr file. What’s the format? Do you have any advice?
Does it? Someone sent me a few files from Switch version recently and I've been looking at them but they had extra fields in a bunch of places so the result was a bit gibberish (and it was hard to explain what I needed to figure that out)

On format, it's encrypted with a fixed 128-bit AES key (you can find which one via forums or ILSpy); I posted the Haxe version of my implementation here at some point.

I've been slowly poking around with a complete rewrite of the tool - if you have one or more mobile versions and are willing to contribute save files/notes, you can reach me on Discord - YellowAfterlife#3735

To those whom it may concern, iOS/Android saves now work alright (with obvious caveats as per game's policy) while I'm still getting around to Switch support. Not that it would be practically usable for an average user (not unless the game's policies change and import/export are similarly allowed), but it's an interesting task to tackle.

Tiny little gaffe I noticed, the Witch's Broom isn't showing up in the "mount" list, instead the Blade Staff is there.

Last edited:
Is this open sourced?
It is not, though I have published the player file format reader for use as reference at one point

Tiny little gaffe I noticed, the Witch's Broom isn't showing up in the "mount" list, instead the Blade Staff is there.
I'm yet to fix up a lot of categories - some categories have broken items too (since negative-ID items were relocated to IDs 3500+). Specifically for mounts, there are far more of those (like the lava shark bottle) - I'll need to see if I can auto-organize them in some way without looking through the entire list. So far I've been occupied with updating the tool to support various new 1.4 features (like the ability to add/remove researched items) and trying to get the SWF/offline version to compile again.

@YellowAfterlife It's great to see you on top of the update already!
Thank you! I have updated Terrasavr 2 hours after the update came out (a new record), but this small victory might have gone slightly unnoticed due to both forums and Discord server having issues on the launch day.

Also, I have now released an update which allows to install Terrasavr as a web app, or a standalone application (in both cases it will work offline and update when available):
terrasavr-pwa.png

terrasavr-electron.png

small issue - hitting "unlock all research" adds one stack of each item into the researched items list, however the quest fish require two stacks for them to be fully researched

Man, thank you so much for this. I was looking for a free items Journey mode server but of the two I found, neither seemed to have the intelligence to have a Journey mode one, just a regular one. I now have a character that basically acts like a "warehouse" for Journey mode. It's really no different than making a storage map for regular game play and stuffing it full of chests, just the container is a character now.

I was looking for a free items Journey mode server but of the two I found, neither seemed to have the intelligence to have a Journey mode one
Tel updated her All Items Warehouse last week with a temporary cache of all the 1.4 content before she comes back to sort it. Check for Builder's Workshop in the map forums, friend.

small issue - hitting "unlock all research" adds one stack of each item into the researched items list, however the quest fish require two stacks for them to be fully researched
Hello, this is now fixed!
Man, thank you so much for this. I was looking for a free items Journey mode server but of the two I found, neither seemed to have the intelligence to have a Journey mode one, just a regular one. I now have a character that basically acts like a "warehouse" for Journey mode. It's really no different than making a storage map for regular game play and stuffing it full of chests, just the container is a character now.
Thanks! The current version also allows to add items into journey research library directly instead of having to push them to your inventory first.

Yeah, that was what I got, all items researched. Might have to do it again though since Red Potion did not have a research value, so it may not be in the database.

Back
Top Bottom