1.3.6 Background Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is great! but what about the console and mobile rewrite?? There's been many pc updates since the release of the current console and mobile versions, its starting to get a little boring .-. I know the team said in Q3 2017 but we are almost there if not there already :p at least a release date announcement soon please :T

Looks good! Haven't played in a year or so. Been waiting for the console to catch up. Ready to create a new world!

Speaking of Crimson lore, just as the Corruption it is obviously influenced by the Cthulhu mythos, the Corruption being simply a place of high influence of the Old Gods, while the Crimson is actually a graveyard of Old Gods, for example Ichor originally is the blood of the gods, but there isn't much evidence for Ichor specifically being blood in Terraria, but at least it is related to the Gods, however we can see that the most common substances present in the Crimson are blood and flesh and Ichor, the blood and flesh most likely being that of the Old Gods, as evidenced by this lake of blood pooling around this giant dragon skeleton.
As their name suggests, the Old Gods are gods and being dead does not mean the same thing for a mortal than for a god, especially the Old Gods, which live in the dreamlands which are planes of existance beyond time and space. You can slay them, they can die, but they kinda don't at the same time, their spirits sort of live on through the dreamlands, and even their corpses are somewhat alive, maybe even undead.
This means that the flesh and blood of the defunct Old Ones is undying, and forms of life defying the definitions of alive and dead arise from them, which are the creatures found in the Crimson.
Comparing back to the Corruption, it is like the pure overworld, but it is afflicted by a greater influence from the Old Gods, which live in the dreamlands, worlds which defy the reality of our world. No wonder this results in a twisted version of the pure overworld, both the landscape and the living beings within.

And finally the question about the Moon Lord. The lunar cultists are hailing the Celestial Sigil, looking at the yellow waves erupting from it, they are probably channeling energy, when the player slaughters the cultists, the Lunatic Cultist intervenes to absorb and store the energy channeled to it, and defend it with his own life.
Looking at how the player-made Celestial Sigil and the lunar cultists' Celestial Sigil, the player-made one has the celestial fragments slotted in it, bypassing the need of summoning and slaying the Celestial Towers to beckon the Moon Lord.
But the Moon Lord is visibly incomplete, his abdomen is only the bones, and he's missing his legs entirely, the top of his cranium is also missing, leaving the brain exposed, and even possibly his wings are missing.
Maybe if the lunar cultists had enough time to channel enough energy into the Celestial Sigil, the Moon Lord would be summoned complete, and who knows what is the extent of the power of an Old God in its true form.
But why was the Moon Lord dead to begin with ? It was probably one of the corpses in the Crimson, but this begs the question of why are there so many Old God corpses concentrated in one place ? Maybe there was a war, possibly between the Hallow and the Old Gods influencing Corruption.

This also begs the question of what is the Hallow, it is obviously the enemy of the Old Gods related to the Corruption and the Crimson.
Maybe the Hallow is much like the Corruption, a place of high influence from another dimension, a place neither like the Old Gods' dreamlands and the overworld.

However I have a final thing to note, the skeletons in the Crimson are incomplete, either the bones got lost, or they were never here to begin with, because their owner were summoned incomplete like the Moon Lord.
What if the war with the Hallow wasn't really between the Corruption and the Hallow, but between the Hallow and the factions from the Dungeon, summoning Old Gods in chain against the Hallow. Or the Dungeon factions were planning to do a mass summoning of the Old Gods, but the Hallow cut them short and they were only summoned partially, then the Hallow fought and defeated the crippled Gods.

Speaking of Crimson lore, just as the Corruption it is obviously influenced by the Cthulhu mythos, the Corruption being simply a place of high influence of the Old Gods, while the Crimson is actually a graveyard of Old Gods, for example Ichor originally is the blood of the gods, but there isn't much evidence for Ichor specifically being blood in Terraria, but at least it is related to the Gods, however we can see that the most common substances present in the Crimson are blood and flesh and Ichor, the blood and flesh most likely being that of the Old Gods, as evidenced by this lake of blood pooling around this giant dragon skeleton.
As their name suggests, the Old Gods are gods and being dead does not mean the same thing for a mortal than for a god, especially the Old Gods, which live in the dreamlands which are planes of existance beyond time and space. You can slay them, they can die, but they kinda don't at the same time, their spirits sort of live on through the dreamlands, and even their corpses are somewhat alive, maybe even undead.
This means that the flesh and blood of the defunct Old Ones is undying, and forms of life defying the definitions of alive and dead arise from them, which are the creatures found in the Crimson.
Comparing back to the Corruption, it is like the pure overworld, but it is afflicted by a greater influence from the Old Gods, which live in the dreamlands, worlds which defy the reality of our world. No wonder this results in a twisted version of the pure overworld, both the landscape and the living beings within.

And finally the question about the Moon Lord. The lunar cultists are hailing the Celestial Sigil, looking at the yellow waves erupting from it, they are probably channeling energy, when the player slaughters the cultists, the Lunatic Cultist intervenes to absorb and store the energy channeled to it, and defend it with his own life.
Looking at how the player-made Celestial Sigil and the lunar cultists' Celestial Sigil, the player-made one has the celestial fragments slotted in it, bypassing the need of summoning and slaying the Celestial Towers to beckon the Moon Lord.
But the Moon Lord is visibly incomplete, his abdomen is only the bones, and he's missing his legs entirely, the top of his cranium is also missing, leaving the brain exposed, and even possibly his wings are missing.
Maybe if the lunar cultists had enough time to channel enough energy into the Celestial Sigil, the Moon Lord would be summoned complete, and who knows what is the extent of the power of an Old God in its true form.
But why was the Moon Lord dead to begin with ? It was probably one of the corpses in the Crimson, but this begs the question of why are there so many Old God corpses concentrated in one place ? Maybe there was a war, possibly between the Hallow and the Old Gods influencing Corruption.

This also begs the question of what is the Hallow, it is obviously the enemy of the Old Gods related to the Corruption and the Crimson.
Maybe the Hallow is much like the Corruption, a place of high influence from another dimension, a place neither like the Old Gods' dreamlands and the overworld.

However I have a final thing to note, the skeletons in the Crimson are incomplete, either the bones got lost, or they were never here to begin with, because their owner were summoned incomplete like the Moon Lord.
What if the war with the Hallow wasn't really between the Corruption and the Hallow, but between the Hallow and the factions from the Dungeon, summoning Old Gods in chain against the Hallow. Or the Dungeon factions were planning to do a mass summoning of the Old Gods, but the Hallow cut them short and they were only summoned partially, then the Hallow fought and defeated the crippled Gods.
I like to imagine that the corruption is just a alien hive mind slowly spreading across the world making it more suitable for the corrupt hive.
And the crimson was a plague that brutally mutates the wild life turning them into fleshy monstrosities.
For the hallow i just imagined it as a weapon made by multiple kingdoms to stop the other two.

Looks good!
I never thought i'd care so much about the backrounds, it makes me want to use crimson worlds more, even though I hate the BoC

Now I want a 1.4 crimson boss of what left this skeleton, or maybe the skeleton itself...

Well this is great! but what about the console and mobile rewrite?? There's been many pc updates since the release of the current console and mobile versions, its starting to get a little boring .-. I know the team said in Q3 2017 but we are almost there if not there already :p at least a release date announcement soon please :T
I understand your pain - at least to some degree. I bought the Wii U version to play local with my niece, and it's already confirmed that it's NEVER going to get the full version. However, it's 505 Games your complaints should be directed at, not these folks.

I'm so hyped to generate a new world and make it my main one... I just have to keep doing random things until then. I've already rebuilt my entire base and organized all my stuff....

Happy Friday Terrarians!

I can't think of a better way to start the weekend than sharing a new background with all of you! We don't have a release date yet, but the team is working hard to bring you 1.3.6 soon :) Check it out and let us know what you think below!

Cool, And I have a suggestion, you made Expert Mode for the 'good' players of Terraria, but why not make a 'delicate' or easier mode the normal? it may help some players (note like between normal and expert, you could lock some items (make them unobtainable) in easy from normal). But hey that's you guys do what you want :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom