1.3.6 Background Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
More content I won't have access to without dropping my FPS by 20. All of the envy.
It's the standard parallax backdrop only with different sprites. If your PC can handle the current one, it can handle this one (and if it can't handle the current one, there is something seriously wrong with your GPU). :)

Reactions: ToP
I admittedly wasn't sure how much I cared for the new backgrounds spoiler when I saw the ocean one, but seeing more background variety for the Crimson and Corruption is pretty great. It really helps more-visited places feel a lot less stale after so many playthroughs.

I love it, but I can't help but to wonder what the skeleton was. One thing for sure, it would make a great mod have it as a boss.

I don't know... It looks good, but a background like this should mean that it's someone's skeleton, and afaik no bosses are that big or have a similar skeleton.

This background looks great! Wonder if that skeleton will be implemented in other ways, rather than just a nice looking background...

Holy :red: that's sick! Normally i'm not the one to get excited for backgrounds but it seems we're getting a bunch of new alternate backgrounds? Hella nice.

Happy Friday Terrarians!

I can't think of a better way to start the weekend than sharing a new background with all of you! We don't have a release date yet, but the team is working hard to bring you 1.3.6 soon :) Check it out and let us know what you think below!

AH- I mean, that's awesome! Making the Crimson even spookier!

You have no idea what this means to me... I am OCD about backgrounds...:pinky::pinky::pinky:

..what are the chances of chosing them at worldgen?

These new backgrounds are great! That background is 9001x better than the old one!
The old one was pretty amazeballz though

ddd.jpg

Last edited:
My question is: Is that natural terrain generation? Please tell me it's natural terrain generation. I'd love to see new natural terrain generation.

wOAH!! That looks awesome! A dragon skeleton sitting in a lakebed... Geez, wonder how it got there... (shivers)
Keep up the great work as always! And I've checked it over, no sneaky extra spoilers left in there... Unless that cavern with the bone fossil is a new generated structure?
You sure?

It's the standard parallax backdrop only with different sprites. If your PC can handle the current one, it can handle this one (and if it can't handle the current one, there is something seriously wrong with your GPU). :)
Oh, it's the parallax? Didn't realize that. They're always saying backgrounds, which can mean multiple things here. Confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom