1.3.6 Background Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Update won't make us choose between murdering our Worlds/Characters & having to START ALL OVER, or miss out on New Content, is it? Shouldn't have to worry about Wipes in Post Full Release. :/
Your existing worlds/characters will be fine, but may not have all of the new content that is only available at worldgen. There is plenty of precedent for this from previous updates (e.g., expert mode, addition of crimson, pyramids, living trees, spider caves). Nothing needs to get wiped, no one has to die.

The background is selected at world gen, and applies to the entire world from that point on. So these backgrounds won't be visible on old worlds (which only display 1 background per biome from the set options anyway).

Hey look. It's everyone's favorite Crocomire. :p

First we have the Brain of Cthulhu being a little similar to Phantoon from Super Metroid and now a background skeleton that reminds me a little of Crocomire from the same game. XD

Your existing worlds/characters will be fine, but may not have all of the new content that is only available at worldgen. There is plenty of precedent for this from previous updates (e.g., expert mode, addition of crimson, pyramids, living trees, spider caves). Nothing needs to get wiped, no one has to die.
Many thanks for the response! :dryadgrin:

I'm gonna have to just pass & disregard this new background then cause I can't keep Wiping my World over & over & over & over to no end with my also being on Casual Player Time on this game or i'll NEVER get to reach & ever get to play any of the later Content. I still haven't even gotten to the point of my Expert Mode Game Hardmode yet let alone ever someday accomplishing my dream of earning & flying Cute Fishron while wielding the Possessed Hatchet & Butcher's Chainsaw, & I never will if I have to keep Wiping my World for stuff. I might as well just disregard anything added in the future & have it might as well not exist if this is never gonna stop. :/

1.3.6 soon ?!
Safeman said that 1.3.6 is coming soon, well more exactly that the team is trying hard to bring 1.3.6 soon.
This means their aim is to bring 1.3.6 soon, this means that they consider it a possibility that 1.3.6 is coming soon.
This means that the earliest reasonable estimate for 1.3.6 to come is soon, and not late. This means that there is a possibility that 1.3.6 might come sooner than late.
It's actually shorter than that since soon is not a neutral amount of time but rather an amount of time shorter than a neutral amount of time.

New Update won't make us choose between murdering our Worlds/Characters & having to START ALL OVER, or miss out on New Content, is it? Shouldn't have to worry about Wipes in Post Full Release. :/

You can only have one of these biomes backgrounds per world anyway, so it wouldn't be possible to have all of these backgrounds even if they did apply to old worlds.

You also don't have to erase your characters; that's never been required, as these are world features. You are perfectly capable of viewing these backgrounds in new worlds on the same character.

You can only have one of these biomes backgrounds per world anyway, so it wouldn't be possible to have all of these backgrounds even if they did apply to old worlds.
Ahh, then that makes my decision all the easier.

You also don't have to erase your characters; that's never been required, as these are world features. You are perfectly capable of viewing these backgrounds in new worlds on the same character.
I'd done it in the past before then a couple months ago FINALLY learned that those Character Wipes had never been necessary... I felt like a :red: for a long time after... :(

Many thanks for the Response. May the power of Cute Fishron be with you & Tunnel King. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom